Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know what’s not talked about enough?

How Leon Rose traded the #13 pick (Jalen Duren), who is one of the better rookies of the draft and ballin Out of his mind, just to offload Kemba Walker.

How Leon Rose traded the #13 pick (Jalen Duren), who is one of the better rookies of the draft and ballin Out of his mind, just to offload Kemba Walker.

To be fair, don't think we'd draft a Center after extending Mitch

I agree. And its not like we couldn't use him since we play iHart and Jericho often.

Duren can't shoot but he's athletic, can rebound/rim protect and pass.

Leon's been mismanaging assets. You're bound to have a few misses as a GM but he's racking them up fast.

I agree and it’s largely overlooked bc of how well Brunson has fit. At some point that can’t be your only get as a GM.

He’s balling right now but I’d still ship his *** out [Randle] immediately for a Jeremy Grant acquisition.
The team wouldn’t necessarily be any better scoring but they continue adding elite defenseman to the rotation. Correct the mistake of trading Alec Burks by getting him back and roll with that while the kids develop.

Rather not give up on RJ, Grimes or Deuce b4 they get to 24/25 years of age. Not enough minutes for everyone apparently so I’m gonna ride with the ‘21 class; including Joku!

Interestingly enough, Memphis currently has 11 players on the roster that they drafted. Yea, they drafted a superstar in Morant but the team is a threat because of everyone else in addition to.

In a perfect world Randle goes to the highest bidder |l. Gonna be interesting what they do in the summer regarding trades and extensions.
And Josh Hart gotta get paid too now.

We already struggle scoring & we want to swap Randle for Jerami Grant? Yes he's a frustrating player at times but we'd be much worse off without him.

Obi isn't about to step in & score 20 a night.

We’re not going to get equal or better value for Randle back anyway. He’ll probably finish out the contract here.

Im more worried about Grimes being an untouchable. If he can’t hit shots he’s replaceable.

Also RJ is not it. There might be too animosity with RJ and Randle. RJ stays having tunnel vision, can be a much better playmaker if he wanted to be.

Team needs to BADLY upgrade the wings if they want to get to the 2nd round and beyond.

We already struggle scoring & we want to swap Randle for Jerami Grant? Yes he's a frustrating player at times but we'd be much worse off without him.

Obi isn't about to step in & score 20 a night.
Randle is at best your 2nd option on a championship caliber team. What’s the difference? Neither are getting you to the promised land.

Grant is 100% more reliable and versatile defensively than him. He’s certainly not a blackhole on the offense so that’s a wash for me.

I don’t think Obi would step in & provide the scoring or impact Dubious does. Idc about that transition as much as I do getting the most back for the 2x AS who the Knicks will never win with being one of their leaders.

I 100% prefer keeping all our draft picks besides Keels. That’s just me tho ofc.

I want to hear you guys realistic wants/moves during the off season ... players and assets are at your disposal.

What major player do you think it's a realistic option?

Ya leon is just not that good...this is the same guy who traded a first round pick with knox for cam.... and cam just rode the bench his entire time here so why trade knox and a first round pick if he was doing the same exact thing...then you trade cam and another first round pick for hart... so essentially we gave up 2 1st round picks for hart smh...

also signing burks and noel to extension only to use first round draft picks to get rid of them... if thats not incompetent then I dont know what is... the same exact thing now is happening with randle signing him to an extension but trying to get rid of him...

Randle will be better once you make him a 3rd option most nights.

But yea, the asset mismanagement will be a bigger topic soon. I’m 1000% sure they will use those picks to offload salaries for free agency again instead of a trade. The front office is scared to make a trade. You have pay to play. It’s simple.

Thibs and Leon are joined at the hip, that’s why I think Thibs isn’t getting fired. Him and Leon are joined at the hip, they’re both going down with the ship together when that time comes.

Back
Top Bottom