Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which is exactly why this would be the riskiest move ever. He’d never be available for the playoffs.

Whats even the point?

Which goes back to the point/why of “Why”…

Why do these things happen to Zion? Why is he always injured? Why isn’t he trying his best?

Because he’s never in shape. These things don’t happen to him if he’s in Miami - NEVER. It wouldn’t be allowed to.

So are we a serious organization or not? That’s the way bigger question.

Which goes back to the point/why of “Why”…

Why do these things happen to Zion? Why is he always injured? Why isn’t he trying his best?
These questions can be asked about tons of athletes, maybe not on the level of Zion though.

Medically for his age/size he’s definitely overweight. He also has a horrible gait which leads to more injuries for an athlete.

A change of scenery will have him in shape, but I can’t bank on him all of sudden having no injuries.

Medically for his age/size he’s definitely overweight. He also has a horrible gait which leads to more injuries for an athlete.

A change of scenery will have him in shape, but I can’t bank on him all of sudden having no injuries.

That’s an argument I’m okay with.

Are the injuries all on the weight? Or is it all on him being a freak of nature? We don’t know.

But what I do know is he’s a top 5 player when healthy. Game changer (one of very FEW in the league).

So if you’re telling me we have other game changers in mind down the line (maybe Giannis, maybe Luka, etc) - Okay, don’t risk it.

But if you’re telling me not risk it for Bradley Beal, or Kristal Porzingis, or some other high priced losing player? Nah :lol:

^ all those guys are injure prone kp, beal and zion... obviously zion has the most upside/talent but if he cant stay on the court whats the point? I rather go for any of these 3 kuz, jerami grant or jaylen brown...or at the minimum get a shooter like seth... we need a starting caliber 2 and need shooters in general to knock down the 3...

They don’t care about basketball in New Orleans. They’re more worried about their 7 College Football teams and the Saints. He’s under no pressure there.

Let’s say axiom came here but was still out of shape, who’s fault would that be? Ours, as an organization.

Because I know if Zion was in Miami, under Pat Riley, he’d be in the best shape of his life. They wouldn’t accept anything less.

Sometimes it really is about WHERE you’re at.

This is why I think the league rigged the lotter for Wemby to go to SA

I definitely do think the “frozen envelope” could have been something tho. :lol:

Stern used to look out for us 🫡

But that was the 1980’s

If they can add son without giving up RJ who’s bigger and stronger and younger, sign me up.

They’re def not letting Grimes go neither so idk what type of package works outside of Quick + Dubious & filler.

Elevating Obi to replace Dubious was always the plan. Sign a vet 4 to go help Sims along the way cuz he’s about ready to contribute too.

Speaking on Beal. Move Grimes to the bench.

His shorty a baddie too.

1686860521327.gif

Never 4get

Wasn’t rigged.

If it was rigged we would have had Zion in 2019 with the first pick :lol:

League wouldn’t want him in New Orleans.

They just lost AD, so the league wanted to keep ticket sales and relevancy so they gifted them Zion.

Now, we have potentially one of the best international players ever going to the org that has done well with international players.

Kinda hard to ignore the coincidence. Even with Stern giving us Ewing.

I don’t think people understand just how bad this Beal contract is…

And how overrated a player he is.

Like I’m kind of in shock.

Beal sucks man ..... like I'm not saying he can't ball, but a player getting paid that amount of money should net you a few wins ..... dude is the epitomy of empty stats .....

Said it with Wall as well.

On top of all that Beal has the craziest “No Trade Clause” in the league. A LeBron James type of NTC.

Let’s say it doesn’t work out and we have to trade him in two years.

He could actually dictate the PLAYERS he’d get traded for - not just what team. Which means he’s not even an asset, he’s a hindrance.

The Wizards want to get rid of him for nothing right now. That’s how crazy it is.

Ok, yeah everyone understands dude’s contract.

But since none of us have the controls, the possibility is there.

Doesn’t look like Beal is going for anywhere for near market value because of that crazy contract.

He def not my first, second or third trade 🎯

I meant more with what we would have to give up.

The future contract doesn't worry me quite as much. I also don't like Beal so there's that. If we thought Beal plus one other guy could make us contenders, we do it.

Back
Top Bottom