Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I meant more with what we would have to give up.

The future contract doesn't worry me quite as much. I also don't like Beal so there's that. If we thought Beal plus one other guy could make us contenders, we do it.
Got it.

Agreed.

I don’t like his fit here given the depth in the backcourt already but if that decision brings them into the ECF or better [& on a steal of a deal] then I won’t be complaining all that much.

Depends what assets going out as you said. I don’t think this is a Leon type of move but soon see.

We really should be going after a 3 and D player. We clearly needed 3 point shooting badly in the playoffs. Not sure where IQ and Grimes went in the post season but if we had better 3 pt shooting outside of brunson, we would've been golden against the heat.

LET'S GOOOOOO. NO BEAL WOOOOOO.
1687121602748.png

He has 57 million dollars on the books in 2027.

We don’t need that at all. We’d be practically all locked in, and Beal ain’t the guy I think that’s gonna push us over the hump.

What guy is then?

We can forget about Booker for next 3 years.
KAT is soft and doesn’t make us better
Lavine is just as injury prone plus we’d have to trade everyone.
Jaylen Brown is a pipe dream
Middleton is resigning.
Clippers aren’t blowing it up.
Donovan Mitchell won’t ask out again.

We have a star in Brunson, we should capitalize on it.

Beal literally would’ve had us playing for a championship this past season and possibly the next few seasons. You make that Beal deal all day everyday if that’s all you have to give up and you’re a contender. Plus you’ll attract the ring chasing vets.

Wed have 95% of our assets remaining to still go after another star if we got Beal.

They wanted to clear their cap. Honestly Fournier, Rose, and their own super protected pick back woulda done it.

Back
Top Bottom