Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We can still wait for Donovan in 2 years, Still was reported Knicks was his first top choice , traded to Cavs against his will.

What depth? Even if we hypothetically traded Fournier and whatever, our “depth” did nothing in the playoffs…again. The roster would look good on paper, but committing 50mil a year for an often injured player is crippling.

Brunson - $26.3m
Beal - $46.7M
RJ - $23.8M
Randle - $25.6m
Mitch - $15.7m

That’s almost $140m for our starting 5. Bench still weak, likely going to pay IQ even though I don’t want to, and need to resign Hart. If Beal gets hurt, which he will, we’re stuck with a 50mil 30+ year old.

IQ-Grimes- Hart- some stretch 4- iHart

Thats not a weak bench.

Problem was 2 of those guys were starting in the playoffs because our team had no offense and injuries. I don’t like IQ for a large contract, but he was literally just almost 6MOTY

I’m not waiting for any free agent.

I know the future Star who will hopefully come to NY will have to ask for a trade. We’ll have to trade, deplete, and/or make sacrifices for him.

But Beal is not someone to sacrifice for. Never was, never is, and he’s never going to be.

We’re not sacrificing anything though. That’s the whole point. Sure he might give us 2 or 3 years out of the 5, but it’s much easier to get a star to come in after that. Plus we’d still have assets to trade him out if we needed too.

The positives far outweigh the negatives here

We’re not sacrificing anything though. That’s the whole point. Sure he might give us 2 or 3 years out of the 5, but it’s much easier to get a star to come in after that. Plus we’d still have assets to trade him out if we needed too.

The positives far outweigh the negatives here

The sacrifice is we might not get one of those stars. One of these real game changers. That’s the sacrifice. This new CBA is crazy.

The sacrifice is we might not get one of those stars. One of these real game changers. That’s the sacrifice. This new CBA is crazy.

I just think if we keep losing with our current core, even with a new coach and new front office, nothing is changing.

We need to maximize our time with Brunson and so far the FO is sleeping because they think our young players are some budding superstars or magically some superstar will want out.

Neither will be true.

I just think if we keep losing with our current core, even with a new coach and new front office, nothing is changing.

We need to maximize our time with Brunson and so far the FO is sleeping because they think our young players are some budding superstars or magically some superstar will want out.

Neither will be true.

Brunson is 26, we have time. He’s not completely reliant on athleticism. He’s not ticking away.

But this is the NBA man. A star players ALWAYS wants out. ALWAYS.

I agree with the FO sleeping tho. Trade Julius. What are they waiting for? TF is taking so long.

Who though? Who do you realistically see not only asking out but specifically saying they want the Knicks?

We can forget about a Giannis or Embiid pipe dream.

Well. Giannis we’ll know in September actually.

But whoever doesn’t like the situation they’re in will ask out. It could literally be someone we don’t even think is possible right now.

This is the NBA. This is drama. This is theater. Demanding a trade is part of the game for top guys.

Who though? Who do you realistically see not only asking out but specifically saying they want the Knicks?

We can forget about a Giannis or Embiid pipe dream.

Trade Randle for Siakam and sign jae Crowder

Mitch - Siakam - Crowder - RJ - Brunson

As far TOP players to sign here, the most likely to have some interest out of the next wave would probably be (KAT, Lavine, Giannis)

But whoever doesn’t like the situation they’re in will ask out. It could literally be someone we don’t even think is possible right now.

This is the NBA. This is drama. This is theater. Demanding a trade is part of the game for top guys.

I rather just not sit on the sidelines and wait for something I have zero control over.

We are having opportunities present themselves and not doing anything right now. We never get the top guy anyway, so not sure what’s different now.

Wed have 95% of our assets remaining to still go after another star if we got Beal.

They wanted to clear their cap. Honestly Fournier, Rose, and their own super protected pick back woulda done it.
You act like we had a choice... Miami had a better offer. Beal chose where he was going with his no trade clause.

Wizards shot themselves in the foot. If our offer was better, Beal would’ve been convinced.

This was a father/son deal.

There were no reports of the Knicks making any type of offer.

Wizards shot themselves in the foot. If our offer was better, Beal would’ve been convinced.

Bro half the time there aren't any reports. Haliburton got shipped to the Pacers without anyone knowing. For all we know, Beal prob gave his few places he wanted to go to, prob none of these places being NY, and said deuces.

Last edited:
Which further proves that even the B and C list all stars dont want to play here.

Yet we’re magically waiting for some Hall of Famer to save us.

Beal actually got to pick who goes back to the Wizards in his trade, He picked what the wizards should be getting in return for him, wizards had no say so. So whatever we offered, it wouldnt have matter, salary wise suns were the only real option.

Reports were we were “internally” discussing making an offer for Beal but never did. And the Suns I assume presented a suitable offer off Jump and Washington wanted to move on quickly. And I assume Beal wasn’t going to wait weeks for others teams to make an offer after draft day and FA signings. So Miami and Phoenix were the most serious.

Back
Top Bottom