Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Mo Cheeks hired as assistant coach

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This thread was seriously less negative when we were trash. :lol:

At this point I’d welcome a Julius trade just so we can talk basketball in here and not body language.

Major storylines so far:
Trade Julius Randle
Fire Thibs
Play Fournier

Is the sky falling? Let me know.
The resentment towards Randle has been building up for years. He's consistently been a poor teammate, clashing with referees, coaches, and fellow players, even flipping off fans. The problem now is that we're only a few games into the season, and Randle's performance is at a level typically seen at the end of the season. It's becoming intolerable.

Let's not pretend this is a new problem; it's been in the making for a while.

At this point I’d welcome a Julius trade just so we can talk basketball in here and not body language.

Major storylines so far:
Trade Julius Randle
Fire Thibs
Play Fournier

When we were bad, expectations were low. Now that we’ve seen that the core of this roster can make the playoffs, expectations have risen. The problem is that the potential is there, but we have an inept HC that doesn’t know how to get the most out of his players offensively and doesn’t discipline the toddler we have at PF. Either Thibs or Randle needs to go or last season was our ceiling.

Major storylines so far:
Trade Julius Randle
Fire Thibs
Play Fournier

You know what? You’re right.

We as Knicks fans should all get in line and shut the **** up. Fans shouldn’t have a voice. They should just pay for the highest priced tickets in the league at MSG and close their mouths.

I mean I guess.

There’s so much more positive things to be focused on now and going forward for me.

We get into a fervor over every micro aggression on the court and bad shooting performance. Just feels like we spend much more time on that than anything else.

I just remember enjoying coming to this thread. Now I know when I click it’s just gonna be threads on Julius Randle and Frank Ntilikina statlines.

You know what? You’re right.

We as Knicks fans should all get in line and shut the **** up. Fans shouldn’t have a voice. They should just pay for the highest priced tickets in the league at MSG and close their mouths.
Walk me through how you got to this based off what I said. You overreacting like Julius Randle, my guy. :lol:

To each their own. I’m just wondering what y’all like about the team. Is it just brand loyalty that keeps us in such an abusive relationship?

I mean I guess.

There’s so much more positive things to be focused on now and going forward for me.

We get into a fervor over every micro aggression on the court and bad shooting performance. Just feels like we spend much more time on that than anything else.

I just remember enjoying coming to this thread. Now I know when I click it’s just gonna be threads on Julius Randle and Frank Ntilikina statlines.

If you just kumbaya vibes and you’re satisfied with being complacent, then cool.

But if you just want to talk about just BASKETBALL - then Julius Randle still a huge problem :lol:

His numbers so far are just as terrible his playoff numbers. He has some of the worst numbers of all time for any “All-NBA” guy.

He will never know to play effectively and efficiently. He does the know how to play when the game is slowed down in the half court. He dribbles way too much. Shoots way too many bad shots. He's reckless and he’s a walking turnover.

That enough basketball?

1699189284649.png

I mean I guess.

I don't believe this is an accurate assessment. Let's review the situation: when everyone was healthy, we played reasonably well, even though Brunson and Randle were underperforming. We managed to win and highlighted the positive aspects, particularly RJ's great play. However, when RJ got injured, we were left with Brunson shouldering the load, Randle struggling on both ends of the game, and an offense that couldn't score effectively, which is why Fournier was brought up. In the most recent game, Randle's performance was subpar, even drawing attention from not only us but also the commentators and analysts, who were all questioning his form. Additionally, I'm certain that NT is not your sole Knicks outlet; I'm certain you're following this discussion across various New York outlets. It is what it is, Randle's fuels the fire and has no desire to change the narrative.

I mean I guess.

let’s hear some of those positive things we should be focused on then

we’re currently 2-4 with horrible shooting splits and an all nba player that’s completely checked out five games in

so what should we be taking about instead

Is it just brand loyalty that keeps us in such an abusive relationship?
yes that is how most fans of a sports team operate

We’re six games in. Yall seem to all be of the same mind, and I respect the perspective. I’m just offering something different than the consistent focus on the bad, when we’re the best we’ve been in years with the potential to get better in a lot of different ways.

Youth, assets, a thoughtful front office, room for growth. All things I feel like we haven’t had since like the late 90s.

To each their own. I’m not trying to be confrontational at all. Anytime I say ‘look on the bright side’ in here you ****** go off. Been the case since as long as I can remember and I’ve been wrong before.

You got it. :lol:

so what should we be taking about instead
I don’t care what yall talk about. I was just contributing to the discussion that was already established.

Again I’m not being confrontational, but I get that from your tone and I dunno why.

We’re six games in. Yall seem to all be of the same mind, and I respect the perspective. I’m just offering something different than the consistent focus on the bad, when we’re the best we’ve been in years with the potential to get better in a lot of different ways.

Youth, assets, a thoughtful front office, room for growth. All things I feel like we haven’t had since like the late 90s.

To each their own. I’m not trying to be confrontational at all. Anytime I say ‘look on the bright side’ in here you ****** go off. Been the case since as long as I can remember and I’ve been wrong before.

I don’t care what yall talk about. I was just contributing to the discussion that was already established.

Again I’m not being confrontational, but I get that from your tone and I dunno why.
ain’t no one being confrontational i simply asked a question to follow up your thoughts since you wanna be the contrarian here :lol:

saying things like youth and assets with a ‘thoughtful’ front office are just blanket statements that don’t provide any real context to anything going on in this organization

if you’re tuned into this team it’s pretty easy to see how our assets are being squandered year over year bc we don’t do anything with them, we can’t draft to save our lives, our front office has no sense of urgency, and our ‘youth’ gets less valuable year over year bc they just ain’t it

Direction means nothing.

Memphis was the biggest threat to the Warriors championship team 2 yrs ago. They seemed to be heading in the right DIRECTION.

They are heading to the lottery this year, no matter the circumstances. Point is assets, potential and direction can only take you so far. Anything can happen so you have to maximize the opportunities when they are there.

If you really think we are on the right road to success and closer to winning than yrs before, why wouldn’t we want to identify the issue that is stagnating the progress.

Most fans agree that we are heading in the right direction and thats whats so frustrating. You can see that there is a sustainable and effective game plan and culture in place RIGHT NOW and its opened the door to playoffs success. Something we dont get very often, so i find it very easy to understand why so many knick fans are up in arms about Julia’s effort and attitude, when it looks like EVERYONE else on the team has GREAT chemistry.

Nothing wrong with doing what we've been doing the last 3 years. Saying its time to trade Randle.

Everything changed once we so saw who Brunson is and what he brings.

The fans want this team to reach its potential while Brunson is here on his cheap *** contract and Randle hinders that.

I think we're just tired of seeing the obvious. Randle is and has been a problem.

For all of his positives there is a heavy set of negatives that come along with that. Those positives often shrink in comparison to his negatives once the postseason starts.

We see how he treats his teammates openly on the court. We hear how past teammates didn't appreciate how he's allowed to go against the status quo. It's not like we're talking about LeBron or Carmelo getting leeway. Its Julius Randle. He's played on a losing team 7 out of 9 years he's been in the league.

We've now reached the point where even ESPN and social media are picking up on his lack of effort and laziness. It's a valid complaint and just being grateful to finish over .500 isn't going to gloss it over.

The soliloquies after 6 games are hilarious.

Gonna be the same disingenuous nonsense after some win streaks to maintain that dumbass position on that dumbass hill that sweeping changes need to be made cuz something is being held back :lol:

Not a fan of it, but the Randle/KAT trade seems inevitable
At least KaT would be more efficient that Julius .. I hope that trade could be made but I don't think the Timberwolves would want Julius messing with Anthony Edwards' ceiling .

I haven't watched one game yet and don't think I will until December 😭

Anyone seen any Obi authentics at the arena?

They had both colors on their website but both are gone now. Was waiting for them to drop some more.

this guy swears man
:rofl:
This individual was engaged in a solitary conversation in the NBA thread, which I suspected was meant as bait but was completely disregarded. I find it hard to believe that he has a significant other or real-life friends, and I'd be willing to bet he struggles with serious anger issues, given the way he expressed a desire to remain level-headed. LMAO, this isn't that grave; it's just a sports discussion. Goodness gracious.

The soliloquies after 6 games are hilarious.

Gonna be the same disingenuous nonsense after some win streaks to maintain that dumbass position on that dumbass hill that sweeping changes need to be made cuz something is being held back :lol:

Why do u think u need to insult people to sound credible? Lol

You have literally blew this Knicks roster up in all types of trade machines throughout the offseason til now. You have nicknamed dude Dubious. What are you actually saying?!

You a wacky dude. I do respect the commitment.

Back
Top Bottom