Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There isn’t a guarantee for anything. We could have top 3 picks for 5 straight years, and they could all be busts. That’s why I think the draft is a crap shoot. In theory, you tank, draft high, and hope the players develop. The problem is that either A they don’t turn out to be the franchise savior you want or B one of them does, so you max them out. They get tired of losing and want out. It’s pretty much what’s happening to OKC. Even with all those picks, they suck. They have a disgruntled star, that will probably want out soon. Where does that leave you?

Ideally, you draft solid players, hopefully one or two potential stars, and build via the draft AND quality signings. We are half assing it. Drafted some talent, but none are stars, all while actually getting the PG we've needed, which lands us being mid.

The successful teams have either built a decent group of complimentary players, then hit on a pick, and then added a top FA to make them legit contenders. Like the Suns did a couple years ago. Bucks, Jazz at one point, etc.

Sixers sucked for 5 years to not even make one ECF or Finals appearance.

All this team has to do is get a new coach thats with the times or use their assets to trade for an all star.

Alright guys let’s just keep signing average players to be the 10th seed.

Then tank one year…

Then go back to signing average players.

The last 30 years have worked out great.

Stop bringing up Philly.

Those dudes were dumb. :lol:

But they had the chances. Could have been out here with Tatum and Embiid etc.

Instead they drafted two dudes with the yips :lol:

The thing is even if we drafted all the right guys in our draft range we’d still not win anything.

Point is you usually need a top 5 player in the league to win it all and those don’t come too often.

The thing is even if we drafted all the right guys in our draft range we’d still not win anything.

Point is you usually need a top 5 player in the league to win it all and those don’t come too often.

You made my point from earlier more valid man 😂😂

I think we need to stop hiring front office guys who aren't really front office guys.

Leon, Mills, Phil...their skills just don't translate to running a team.

Evan came in after they needed scoring help. They don’t need that anymore and have better wings so he’s obsolete here.

Those minutes he was getting now go to Cam & Grimes. Development in progress.

Ready for this Burks x Knox revenge game.

Knicks have had their number for a while.

Can’t sleep on them even with Cade & Ivey out.

I'd rather have Embiid on this team than anyone else.

I've always wanted us to tank for longer and harder but we never had the patience.

We're happier to be in basketball purgatory and I hate it.

I have to keep telling myself .. RJ is going to figure it out, he's a slow starter, but that **** is growing thin ...

***edit***

Right when I wrote this, he shots that BS? Almost broke my TV!

Back
Top Bottom