Official '24 NYK playoffs thread: east semifinals vs Indy

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What guy is then?

We can forget about Booker for next 3 years.
KAT is soft and doesn’t make us better
Lavine is just as injury prone plus we’d have to trade everyone.
Jaylen Brown is a pipe dream
Middleton is resigning.
Clippers aren’t blowing it up.
Donovan Mitchell won’t ask out again.

We have a star in Brunson, we should capitalize on it.
I'm gonna keep it 💯

Adding another star doesn't capitalize anything.

These cats arent Lebron/Wade/Bosh type of dudes. Creating a superteam now means you are going to be hurting come playoffs cause you have no bench.

These winning teams are building from within and with solid role players. If we don't invest in what we have and continue to make the same mistakes we have we never going to succeed.

I'm gonna keep it 💯

Adding another star doesn't capitalize anything.

These cats arent Lebron/Wade/Bosh type of dudes. Creating a superteam now means you are going to be hurting come playoffs cause you have no bench.

These winning teams are building from within and with solid role players. If we don't invest in what we have and continue to make the same mistakes we have we never going to succeed.
I agree on most Parts but the Beal trade wouldn’t have depleted us at all though if it looked like the Suns trade.

We’d have our exact same bench since no depth would be lost adding Beal.

I don’t understand how having 3 all star caliber players (Brunson, Beal, Randle) would not make us a ECF/Finals bound team.

Not having another reliable offensive threat is the reason we lost.

It wasn’t about depletion of the Roster for Beal. Wizards were giving away Beal for nothing.

It’s about staying financially flexible. Going all in for Bradley Beal is a crazy thing to do. I’m glad the Knicks didn’t do it.

It’s not all in though. We’d have all our assets remaining.

Brunson will resign for a max in 2 years anyway.

Were about to overpay IQ and possibly lose Obi for nothing.

Worst case scenario we have every asset and some picks to unload his contract in 2-3 years. What’s a better move? Build internally on a bunch of “ifs” ?

It wasn’t about depletion of the Roster for Beal. Wizards were giving away Beal for nothing.

It’s about staying financially flexible. Going all in for Bradley Beal is a crazy thing to do. I’m glad the Knicks didn’t do it.
I understand but just like all these picks we hoarded, if we keep waiting for the perfect player on a perfect deal we might not ever be able to use the picks or money while we have JB and Julius on good contracts. If you’re not willing to take a gamble you might miss out in the long run.

Eventually our front office is going to play too cute/smart with not taking these gambles while these All Stars are available during Julius and Brunson Prime years on good contracts, and our hoard of picks won’t be worth much and we will have no cap space because we will sign everyone to keep running it back.

Right. It’s not about the Suns though.

It’s like either trade all assets for Mitchell, KAT, Lavine or get Beal for free.

The choice is easy with this one. From all accounts it seems like the Knicks didn’t even try to talk to the Wizards.

pels not giving zion away for anything less than a package including a top 3 pick as everyone been saying they’re gunning for scoot so don’t get your hopes up there either

Beal didn't want to come here, guys. The debate is valid sure, but his no trade clause means he can dictate where he goes. We weren't a team he was interested in.

pels not giving zion away for anything less than a package including a top 3 pick as everyone been saying they’re gunning for scoot so don’t get your hopes up there either

It’s not going to happen. Now now.

But it CAN if Zion spoke up.

But he’s too scared to talk rn :lol:

Dudes been building superteams with better players and have not sniffed the finals.

You have Miami with 1 Superstar and all homegrown or undrafted players and made the finals twice already.

Hmmmm ....

Amazing.

Well, if Miami gets Dame, i guess it helps us out.

I still say the right move for our offseason is to snag Jerami Grant from the Blazers and plug him and RJ at the 2/3 starting spot and have Grimes off the bench.

I'd wish for grant sign and trade Fournier/Obi/Pick
or if no sign and trade, not sure if we can clear $25-$30M for Grant. Maybe dump Fournier $18M expiring and an additional move?
Fournier / Rose / most likely gone this summer.
if not, then maybe a run at Kelly Oubre / Levert / Jae Crowder ?

Mitch
Randle
J. grant / J. Crowder / H. Barnes? / Kelly Oubre / Cam johnson /
RJ
Brunson

BENCH: Hart - Yuta Watanabe??? - J. Hart - Grimes - Quickley

EDIT - i actually think its a possibility, If we let D. Rose walk ($15.5M), then dump Fournier ($18M), may have to shave off a few extra M. We'd have to sign grant before re-signing Josh Hart.

Last edited:
What guy is then?

We can forget about Booker for next 3 years.
KAT is soft and doesn’t make us better
Lavine is just as injury prone plus we’d have to trade everyone.
Jaylen Brown is a pipe dream
Middleton is resigning.
Clippers aren’t blowing it up.
Donovan Mitchell won’t ask out again.

We have a star in Brunson, we should capitalize on it.

SGA

Dudes been building superteams with better players and have not sniffed the finals.

You have Miami with 1 Superstar and all homegrown or undrafted players and made the finals twice already.

Hmmmm ....

Amazing.
A lot of super teams weren’t built off of needs, they were built off of friendships and best players available. Beal is a need and I wouldn’t quite lump Beal, Julius and JB as a super team.

We’re not gonna be bad enough to land some superstar in the draft either. Plenty of luck needed there.

We can only truly improve to advance further via trades and FA at this point.

It’s clear the front office is scared to take risks. Playing it safe every time won’t get you anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom