Official '24 NYK playoffs thread: east semifinals vs Indy

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whatever Quickley's price is today, it will be higher next summer in restricted free agency. And the terms will be out of the Knicks' control.

i don't think you can have quickley, a bench role player, making more than brunson, a starting point guard, because that could limit the team's ability to pay potential key players in the near future.

brunson will always be above him. his role is defined. i see quickley's responsibilities being mostly interchangeable with other role players on the team, which limits quickley's impact in the long run

I get it from Quickley's perspective. He can/will get more money next summer & a likely starting job for another team. I don't fault him at all for that.

For us, he's not just some rotation player. He's our best defender & another ball handler on a team that really only has two others. Plays 30 minutes a night & routinely closes games. The cap is going up; I wouldn't hesitate to give him market value.

I get it from Quickley's perspective. He can/will get more money next summer & a likely starting job for another team. I don't fault him at all for that.

For us, he's not just some rotation player. He's our best defender & another ball handler on a team that really only has two others. Plays 30 minutes a night & routinely closes games. The cap is going up; I wouldn't hesitate to give him market value.

While I mostly agree, you still can’t pay him more than Brunson.

I think signing Donte was a clear indication they view him as a replacement for Quick, unless Quick agrees to like a 4/80 deal.

While I mostly agree, you still can’t pay him more than Brunson.

Why not? There are countless players in the league making more than Brunson that aren't as good as him. Hell, RJ is making more than him. :lol:

That deal is so very clearly an outlier now, I don't think we could use it as a barometer.

Wont he be the highest paid player on the team with the deal hes looking for?

Thats an easy pass for me. Especially with his poor playoff performances

1698090085145.png

The cap will continue to go up with the new CBA + TV deal.

For arguments sake, let's say Quick gets 4/$110M. He'll account for just 16% of the salary cap in 2025. The raw dollar amount of a players' contract doesn't mean much to me when that's the new going rate for a player of his caliber.

Instead of giving that money to hart or donte I woulda gave it to quick... but he's pretty much gone next year with all the guards we have and donte taking his spot at a lower cost... just not sure if he's as good

Instead of giving that money to hart or donte I woulda gave it to quick... but he's pretty much gone next year with all the guards we have and donte taking his spot at a lower cost... just not sure if he's as good
Never liked the Donte signing but I hope he proves me wrong. Donte isn’t even in the same class as IQ.

Back
Top Bottom