Official: 3.12.09 Los Angeles Lakers @ San Antonio Spurs 5PM PST on TNT

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

How can anyone in the West actually think they stand a chance in the playoffs against the Lakers in a best of 7 series? If the Spurs are the second best team, the West might as well take the playoffs off and let the Lakers rest for Cleveland, Boston or maybe even Orlando.
tired.gif

its real...............damn real............and i love that ur stomach is turning right now
pimp.gif

CP1708 wrote:

Ya'll turn it up in the playoffs vs the Lakers every time huh? Like in 08, 04, 02, 01?

4 outta 5 in the playoffs in 8 years don't mean nothin?

Beating you again in a second of a back to back in your gym without our Center don't mean anything?

Whatever. I already said that your franchise is great and they have a ton of heart. But if you choose to ignore facts and or trends, don't be mad at Laker fans for it. I said it. Just me. Not "Laker fans".

thanks for all the info...
wink.gif

but who says we even face LA in this years playoffs?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by jmsole210

CP1708 wrote:

Ya'll turn it up in the playoffs vs the Lakers every time huh? Like in 08, 04, 02, 01?

4 outta 5 in the playoffs in 8 years don't mean nothin?

Beating you again in a second of a back to back in your gym without our Center don't mean anything?

Whatever. I already said that your franchise is great and they have a ton of heart. But if you choose to ignore facts and or trends, don't be mad at Laker fans for it. I said it. Just me. Not "Laker fans".

thanks for all the info...
wink.gif

but who says we even face LA in this years playoffs?
nerd.gif

You're right, you have to make it out of the first round. Good point.
laugh.gif

^^^^^

LA is a good team....but if the spurs stay #2 in the west we won't face LA till the confernece final....

and like i said "guess will have to wait till the playoffs".....

Man I can't wait till the playoffs. These Lakers fans are already crowning themselves. It's funny CP1708 you put what about 08, 04, 02, 01, but whatabout 07, 05, 03, 99. It's time for 09.

Originally Posted by BCF06

Man I can't wait till the playoffs. These Lakers fans are already crowning themselves. It's funny CP1708 you put what about 08, 04, 02, 01, but what about 07, 05, 03, 99. It's time for 09.
Um. Did we face the Spurs in the playoffs in 07, 05, or 99?

*Light bulb*

There ya go chief. Now we're on the same path aren't we?
wink.gif

How many times have I said, I have all the respect in the world for the Spurs. I'm not hating one bit. But when a team is done, please allow me to callit as I see it. Is that ok with you?
And I haven't crowned anything yet have I? I said in a matchup between us and you, I have 100 percent confidence in the Lakers beating you guys. That's not hate. It's my opinion.

The Spurs are hurting right now. Not Ginobili hurting, the team. Duncan is not 100 percent, the greatness of Tony Parker and the emergence of Mason is whathas kept you guys going. Bowen is not the same, Finley is not the same, Bonner is a great shooter, but he isn't defending Bynum-Odom-Gasol is he? Youguys don't match up. That's it. That's all I'm saying.

Utah could beat us.
Houston could beat us (now that TMac is gone and they can make the second round that is)

That's it. Those are the two teams out West that I have an eye on. They are the only ones that scare me. No disrespect to the Spurs at all, butexperience can only help them so much. It doesn't defend or make up for lack of speed in a game. Don't be mad at me for speakin on it. Your run wasgreat. 4 titles in 9 years is special, but I don't see a 5th any time soon.

Is that ok for me to say? My opinion on a message board?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by BCF06

Man I can't wait till the playoffs. These Lakers fans are already crowning themselves. It's funny CP1708 you put what about 08, 04, 02, 01, but what about 07, 05, 03, 99. It's time for 09.
Um. Did we face the Spurs in the playoffs in 07, 05, or 99?

*Light bulb*

There ya go chief. Now we're on the same path aren't we?
wink.gif

How many times have I said, I have all the respect in the world for the Spurs. I'm not hating one bit. But when a team is done, please allow me to call it as I see it. Is that ok with you?
And I haven't crowned anything yet have I? I said in a matchup between us and you, I have 100 percent confidence in the Lakers beating you guys. That's not hate. It's my opinion.

The Spurs are hurting right now. Not Ginobili hurting, the team. Duncan is not 100 percent, the greatness of Tony Parker and the emergence of Mason is what has kept you guys going. Bowen is not the same, Finley is not the same, Bonner is a great shooter, but he isn't defending Bynum-Odom-Gasol is he? You guys don't match up. That's it. That's all I'm saying.

Utah could beat us.
Houston could beat us (now that TMac is gone and they can make the second round that is)

That's it. Those are the two teams out West that I have an eye on. They are the only ones that scare me. No disrespect to the Spurs at all, but experience can only help them so much. It doesn't defend or make up for lack of speed in a game. Don't be mad at me for speakin on it. Your run was great. 4 titles in 9 years is special, but I don't see a 5th any time soon.

Is that ok for me to say? My opinion on a message board?

I never said once you were hating there is other people that dont word things correctly and don't back up what they say with facts and they are justautomatically saying the Lakers got the West wrapped up. I do acknowledge that you do give the Spurs credit which is cool but I said Lakers fans notnecessarily you but others so I never singled you out. As for the quote I meant championships not Lakers vs Spurs matchups in the playoffs but now I see thatswhat you meant. Now as for you opinions its all good you have your opinons and I also have mine but now us Spurs fans have heard the same thing for a whilenow that they are just to old. We heard that in 07 but look what happened there. You are right about Boner, Finley, and Bowen but those guys areunpredictable. They can all of sudden show up and play great (word to Finley yesterday). But like I said I like our chances just as you feel the same aboutthe Lakers. It will be interesting and I just hope we can get Gooden to get in more to get the feel because we will need him if Bynum does come back so Duncancan take Bynum and Gooden on Gasol. Its good talk but it is also a little premature cause like jmsole210 said if all goes well they won't meet until theconference final if they do meet you just never know.

Back
Top Bottom