Official: #3 Oregon v. #4 LSU - Will Lyles Bowl at Jerry World

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

if LSU has any plans to play some offense, they got this.

still tough to watch this or Boise UGA

You dont have to pick one game or another haha.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Les Miles with extended time to prepare is hard to beat too.

Agreed. He and Satan are two coaches I don't want to face in a Bowl game or opener.

frown.gif
 about the opener next year

LSU by a TD.

Mathieu and Claiborne are going to rape. My biggest ? is who is going to replace Drake Nevis.

I'm interested to know if we will see more of what we saw from Oregon's offense in the NCG, namely, three-back sets with LaMike, Kenjon, and either a WR/TE/TZR. Paulson, DAT, Carson, Huff, could all fit that role.

Darron looked jittery as %@$ in the NCG in the first quarter. Dude was making crazy pitches and overthrowing people. He settled in by the 3rd quarter but we had pretty much abandoned the running game by that point. If DT can keep it cool and make better reads, I think Oregon has a very good chance.

Chip knows what he's doing. The players just need to execute properly and I think we'll see better results than in the NCG.

Should be a great game, can't believe I'm not going to miss most if not all of the game.

I think LSU's D-line dominates and they win by 7.

Originally Posted by tune205

For some crazy reason I think this is Oregon's year.

A championship team returning almost everyone and facing a similar squad they faced in the championship and having 4 months to prepare for em

what!? 
Oregon graduated  their entire O Line, their best LB, and  their best WR...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by tune205

For some crazy reason I think this is Oregon's year.

A championship team returning almost everyone and facing a similar squad they faced in the championship and having 4 months to prepare for em

what!? 
Oregon graduated  their entire O Line, their best LB, and  their best WR...
indifferent.gif
Correction (excuse me sir Gunna)
Oregon graduated half their O-line. And while Matthews was their best linebacker, the potential is there for a more athletic group. But don't get me wrong, those losses are not unnoticed. Gonna miss the Maehl man. Dude was the definition of clutch.

U right half their Oline 2 wrs and replacing 5 guys in the front 7 on D.

hardly returning almost everyone.

I think Spencer Ware is going to beast out there.

LSU's DL will be better with Monty, Bark and Ego all a year older. Plus, Anthony Johnson might be a decent filler for Drake.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

U right half their Oline 2 wrs and replacing 5 guys in the front 7 on D.

hardly returning almost everyone.
My only beef when we're talking about "starters" for Oregon, is the fact that their rotation is like 24 players in D, and quite a few on offense. I'm more worried about the offense than I am the defense, which may sound weird to some.
Areas of concern for me are namely WR/OL and our TE depth. Had some injuries in pre-season hit that area, leaving Paulson (who is a fantastic blocker/receiver) and Lyerla who is an unproven freshman. If we can utilize our proven commodities I think we should be alright. Hopefully the newer "starters" can adjust well.

I think both teams will play hard and and it will be a good game. Of course I'm pulling for Oregon and hope and think they'll win, I really believe the game could go either way based on a few plays here or there.

Saw that too.

Kid is grown man already. If he gets some technique I would imagine he could be disruptive very early. Just a nasty athlete at over 300lbs

Im extremely worried about having a redshirt freshman start at center for us. The kid has never played in a college football game before, now you gonna let him loose agains LSU? Very worried

I'm hoping Oregon kicks off and plays D first. Shoulda done that in NCG

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Im extremely worried about having a redshirt freshman start at center for us. The kid has never played in a college football game before, now you gonna let him loose agains LSU? Very worried

True story, when we played LSU in 07 (Glenn Dorsey's SR year) we had a pretty bad OL, and Richard Grahm, our starting guard, had no business even being in D-1A. Before the game our OL coach gave him this advice on defending Glenn Dorsey:
"Son, just tackle him. They can't call holding on every play." 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

From recent memory 06 ND & 07 Va Tech are 2 name brand teams I can remember that literally had no chance when they stepped off the bus against those LSU teams. Also looking back Dorsey actaully had a better year in 06 than in 07.

From what I've read so far the crowd is expected to be around 70/30 LSU but I still think Oregon will be okay.

Back
Top Bottom