Official 49ers Offseason Thread: Time to re-evaluate the draft...

1st Round:
[table][tr][td]29 (29)[/td] [td]San Francisco 49ers
(from Indianapolis)[/td] [td]Kentwan Balmer [img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/mediaicons_video.gif[/img][/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]The buzz: Balmer is an athletic, mobile tackle with the talent to become a Pro Bowler if he's able to be a more consistent performer. Frank Coyle of www.draftinsiders.com had Balmer rated the No. 3 defensive tackle in the class.[/td] [/tr][/table]2nd Round:
[table][tr][td]8 (39)[/td] [td]San Francisco 49ers[/td] [td]Chilo Rachal[/td] [td]OG[/td] [td]USC[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]The buzz: Rachal is a bigger, more physical blocker than the type of linemen the 49ers have gone after in recent drafts. He is likely to challenge for the spot vacated by Justin Smiley, but the team also has concerns after David Baas required surgery last week to fix an arm injury.[/td] [/tr][/table]3rd Round:
[table][tr][td]12 (75)[/td] [td]San Francisco 49ers
(from Chicago)[/td] [td]Reggie Smith [img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/mediaicons_video.gif[/img][/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]Oklahoma[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Murphy: Smith provides the 49ers with a bigger, versatile defender that can play corner. However, he could also transfer back to free safety and challenge Mark Roman early for playing time.[/td] [/tr][/table]4th Round:
[table][tr][td]8 (107)[/td] [td]San Francisco 49ers[/td] [td]Cody Wallace [img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/mediaicons_video.gif[/img][/td] [td]C[/td] [td]Texas A&M[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Murphy: Wallace provides the 49ers some insurance in case the injury to David Baas is more serious than initially thought. Wallace can also play both center and guard, so long-term this is likely the replacement for Eric Heitmann. He may be the best natural athlete of the centers.[/td] [/tr][/table]6th Round:
[table][tr][td]8 (174)[/td] [td]San Francisco 49ers[/td] [td]Josh Morgan[/td] [td]SE[/td] [td]Virginia Tech[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Murphy: Morgan is a well-built receiver with good poential on special teams. He runs well for his size and also had a 40.5-inch vertical leap.
[/td] [/tr][/table]7th Round:
[table][tr][td]7 (214)[/td] [td]San Francisco 49ers[/td] [td]Larry Grant[/td] [td]OLB[/td] [td]Ohio State[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Murphy: Grant made some good plays for the Buckeyes, but his athleticism didn't transfer to the field enough times.[/td] [/tr][/table]---
We also signed two undrafted free agents:
Cameron Colvin from Oregon
Gary Guyton from Georgia Tech

If you find any videos of these players, please post them.

Come on.
eyes.gif

YESSSSS

this dude still has those 2 years still left in his tank. hopefully martz can showcase him well.

by the way, it was Allen Rossum that they signed.

DeShaun Foster is an injury bug though.

If Desean Jackson somehow falls down to the end of the frist round, we should pick him up and have Issac Bruce be his mentor. Realisticly, we will probablydraft some random WR and have him on special teams and in 3 years he will be a FA. I can dream right?

By the way, I understand the Foster signing. He won't be a standout player, but I think he will be solid for 8 plays while Gore takes a rest. If not Fosterwe can go with Robinson.

I'm not a 49ers fan, but Bruce is a better option as opposed to overpaying for someone like Bernard Berrian.

Rossum is a good returner and Foster for a one-year deal will help spell Frank Gore barring the injury bug that's already plagued much of his career.

We just signed Justin smith from the bengals too now.......the niners are spending some big money this off season......

I don't know about Mr. Bruce though.....dude is old as hell now.....but I gess a possession reciever is better than butter fingers we traded for last year

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

We just signed Justin smith from the bengals too now.......the niners are spending some big money this off season......

I don't know about Mr. Bruce though.....dude is old as hell now.....but I gess a possession reciever is better than butter fingers we traded for last year

This will pay off big for yall. Isaac Bruce is a PROVEN stand out wide receiver in his hay day and now is the veteran type of receiver a young quarterback likeAlex Smith needs.

hopefully alex smith will play well for yall this season cuz he's been garbage so far

I don't get how we would get Desean without trading up in the draft. Isn't he projected to go mid first round?

^ I thought the same thing too for most of the season. And then Shaun Hill played well in the time he got. The problem isn't the line, it's Alex Smithand his pocket presence.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

^ I thought the same thing too for most of the season. And then Shaun Hill played well in the time he got. The problem isn't the line, it's Alex Smith and his pocket presence.

Yeah Alex Smith freaks out whenever someone gets within 6 feet of him and runs out of the pocket and into a sack.

I'll trust Martz in deciding which QB to go with...alex smith had a decent year before last season, and showed enough "flashes" for us to believehe MIGHT break out last season (which is why we all thought we could make the playoffs
laugh.gif
), he wasn't healthy last year, so if he's 100% healthy thisyear i say give him one more chance. if he sucks it up again, we just get rid of that bum.

as for desean yeah he's projected as a mid-1st rounder, which LIKELY takes us out of the running, but he could easily slip in the draft if somethinghappens, some teams that need WRs might get them via trade/FA and not want to take a 1st rndr anymore (like the Eagles maybe with Fitz?)...or maybe we'dtrade up to get him. i have no idea if he's high on their draft board; if he is, i'm sure they would be aggressive in pursuing him

49ers better grab a #1 receiver soon. This WR corps
smh.gif

49ers should get Javon Walker then trade up to get Me-Sean Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom