Official: 82nd Annual Academy Awards, March 7th, 2010 thread

hans landa

Banned
Personally, If these 2 come home empty handed, I would be really upset.
the-hurt-locker1.jpg

Best Film, Best Director

This is a given... Whoever Christoph Waltz is going against is NOT EVEN COMING CLOSE.

inglourious-basterds-may13photo-01.jpg

Beat me to it
laugh.gif

Not only would I hate to hear the anti-Avatar backlash if it wins, but The Hurt Locker is much more deserving for Director and Picture.

And if Waltz somehow doesn't win it would be one of the biggest shocks in recent memory, Mo'Nique is pretty much a shoe in as well.

I would love to see Jeff Bridges win too.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Beat me to it
laugh.gif

Not only would I hate to hear the anti-Avatar backlash if it wins, but The Hurt Locker is much more deserving for Director and Picture.

And if Waltz somehow doesn't win it would be one of the biggest shocks in recent memory, Mo'Nique is pretty much a shoe in as well.

I would love to see Jeff Bridges win too.
Seriously, I was surprised see Avatar nominated for Best Picture 
tired.gif
Jeff Bridges 
pimp.gif
 I heard a lot of good things about Crazy Heart, I'm going to watch it this weekend. 

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't think The Hurt Locker was the best film of the year.

Predictable, cliche characters, no central plot... I didn't feel it like that at all.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't think The Hurt Locker was the best film of the year.

Predictable, cliche characters, no central plot... I didn't feel it like that at all.

I agree completely... Jeremy Renner's performance was great... but I thought the plot was just lacking completely

Meh... The only real competition Hurt Locker has are: Precious, & A Serious Man.
Also, was anyone else surprised when they saw Clooney nominated for BM? I felt like Up In The Air was created solely to showcase his charm 
laugh.gif
 (ie: Oceans series).  

Originally Posted by Hans Landa

Meh... The only real competition Hurt Locker has are: Precious, & A Serious Man.
Also, was anyone else surprised when they saw Clooney nominated for BM? I felt like Up In The Air was created solely to showcase his charm 
laugh.gif
 (ie: Oceans series).  

Even Hans Landa himself doesn't think IB is competition...

Originally Posted by Hans Landa

laugh.gif
 Correct. What's your take on BP, Crag?

Of the nominees I've seen about half, Avatar, Hurt Locker, IB, District 9, and Up

IMO IB is the best out of the bunch but of course we both know its not gonna win.

I wasn't very impressed with the Hurt Locker, I didn't find it gripping at all. I found it to be slow moving, without any true plot.

IB on the other hand, Both Hans Landa and Aldo Raine were great characters, the entire plot was gripping, great overall.

I would take Avatar over THL, to have the mass appeal that it did is pretty impressive. I bet Hurt Locker wins... but I still don't see what all the fuss is about, maybe I need to watch it again.

I think HURT LOCKER is a fantastic movie, I just don't think it's really worthy of being "best picture" but then again i'm not crazy about any of the 10 being a "best picture" winner

INGLORIOUS BASTERDS is my favorite of the nominees as it's probably one of my favorite films all time. I am hoping for an Original Screenplay win for Tarantino because he deserves it and the speech should be pretty good.

but thenagain i'm not crazy about any of the 10 being a "best picture" winner
That's about how I feel, too.

If The Hurt Locker is the best picture 2009 had to offer, it was a down year for film, I guess.

I just saw it about a month ago, so I went in with high expectations. I kept waiting to be blown away, and it never happened. I especially couldn't get over how generalized the characters were.

I feel like people really rally around any wartime movie these days.

Hurt Locker is one of the worst movies i've ever seen...the movie was in no way accurate...you just don't slap your higher ranking nco like that...plus NO ONE goes out on patrols with just one vehicle...that's ridiculous...and then they go out at night..where are their nods? all of a sudden an eod tech is a "sniper"? give me a break....

Back
Top Bottom