~~~!!!***OFFICIAL A Damn Shame Stephen Strasburg Plays For The Nationals Thread***!!!~~~

Originally Posted by DT43

Uh, everyone? Strasburg may have done something tonight that's never been done before: he struck out 14 batters and threw just 94 pitches.

According to baseball-reference.com, no P has ever struck out 14+ batters on so few pitches. Javier Vazquez threw 96 pitches on 4/9/03

boy is filthy.
sick.gif

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yawn... wake me when he's in pinstripes.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wish I wouldve seen that game live. Saw the highlights on MLB.com and
eek.gif
eek.gif

I really really hope he is dealing like this consistently. I really want him to be successful. Him and Harper. But Strasburg is a beast. I have to see him live
smh.gif

roll.gif

During a postgame interview, Strasburg was pelted with a shaving cream pieto the face courtesy of teammate John Lannan(notes). The rookie was quickly handed atowel, but after wiping his face was blindsided by two more pies. Someone alsoput a goofy, oversized wig on his head.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Nice with the Yankees pics, welcome to MLB, if he is the "truth" and stays healthy, they will get him. Sigh

ummm what young pitching "phenoms" have the yanks traded for or signed from in the past 20 years ? ill wait

that was DOMINANCE ... i got to see Strasburg's first game, 14ks, 4 home runs (2 back to back) and a W ... it was like watching a live video game ... the stadium was INSANE and ive never been so hyped as a fan in my life ... we were screaming "Stephen Strasburg, clap clap clapclapclap" for almost his entire last inning ... every time he had 2 strikes on a batter the entire stadium stood up and he just kept mowing them down ...

i dont want to get too high cuz it was his first start and pitchers usually dominate their first game and some their first year, but hes throwing GAS and his hook is
sick.gif
... when you throw a 91mph changeup from a 98mph fastball you have some serious stuff ... it's just too bad that the Nats are 2 starters and 3 position players away from even being relevant ... still
pimp.gif

Dude was a beast. I am rooting for him to succeed.

Watching this broadcast live was something else.... I was really hyped. Can't believe this dude struck out 14 in 7 innings with NO WALKS!!! It just looks too easy for him out there. He lost no speed on his fastball. Hitting 99 consistently in the 7th inning....
smh.gif

all of Strasburg's strikeouts:

i normally dont watch baseball like that, but 0:42 :xpeople are hyped about this dude.
pimp.gif

Live, good point I guess they do tend to wait till their vets and then they get them. So pinstripes in 2018?

Stop it with the Strasburg ##+%. Until he faces a REAL MLB team last nights game was completely invalid. He played the +%#%$#* Pirates for *$%%* sake. Having 14 strikeouts againt the Pirates is like having 14 strikeouts against a bunch of 10 year olds. Way to go Strasburg, get your World Series tickets now!! You beat the PIRATES, CONGRATULATIONS!!! When he faces a REAL MLB team, then i will give credit where its due if he is successful, but until then, give me a +%#%$#* break. IT WAS THE PIRATES.

It was great being there last night seeing history in the making............for what it's worth.  The energy in the ball park was unreal.  I thought the media and fans here even where slurping Strasburg a bit too much for a guy that hasn't proved or done anything but if last night was any indication of what he can bring to the table then the boy is definitely the goods.

that being said....I hope he fails.

Sincerely, bitter O's fan.

Sucks to be you champ.  I'll be at Camden tonight to watch the Yankees beat up on the O's......
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

NYY starting rotation in 2014 will be Strasburg, Matusz, Feliz, Hughes and Hanson
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
you realize they have him for an extra year because they kept him in the minors right? Therefor him being in the starting rotation for the yanks in 2014 is impossible

Originally Posted by JonnyBlazeNyc

Originally Posted by Proshares

NYY starting rotation in 2014 will be Strasburg, Matusz, Feliz, Hughes and Hanson
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
you realize they have him for an extra year because they kept him in the minors right? Therefor him being in the starting rotation for the yanks in 2014 is impossible

There was no point in that post where I was being serious.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Stop it with the Strasburg ##+%. Until he faces a REAL MLB team last nights game was completely invalid. He played the +%#%$#* Pirates for *$%%* sake. Having 14 strikeouts againt the Pirates is like having 14 strikeouts against a bunch of 10 year olds. Way to go Strasburg, get your World Series tickets now!! You beat the PIRATES, CONGRATULATIONS!!! When he faces a REAL MLB team, then i will give credit where its due if he is successful, but until then, give me a +%#%$#* break. IT WAS THE PIRATES.
Wow.

your a %%#$%@ idiot, stop watching baseball

name me a pitcher that has struck out every Pirate in the lineup and 14 in the same game this year ... ... ... i'll wait ...

Back
Top Bottom