Official Act of Valor Movie Thread ---- February 24th

Can't use the phrase "Call of Duty" or..."Medal of Honor" so they choose..."Act of Valor" lol. Go take a hike. "REAL ACTIVE DUTY NAVY SEALS"...yeah the most manly, best looking suitable for movies ones you got? active duty but still are reading your %+%* script..pfftt take a hike.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I dunno.. this looks like a made for TV type movie
I mean I'm not expecting the acting to be at oscar level... I just really dig the idea of ACTIVE duty SEAL's playing roles in this movie.

Opposed to Colin Farrell taking a 2 week crash course in "how to move like a navy seal"...

The authenticity appeals to me the most.� The most "real" modern war movie to me currently is Black Hawk Down which I thought was amazing.

We'll see...

I'm not saying it'll be bad movie but actors are actors for a reason. Some people just can't act.�
laugh.gif
That's what I mean...
I'd rather watch some NG documentary on these guys than watch a fictional movie with real SEALs' trying to act.

I saw it on Wednesday. It was a decent movie but not something that I would go watch again. I definitely held back a tear or two at the end though.

Just saw it.
pimp.gif
plain and simple.
I've been in the Navy for 10 years and this was very motivating. Most def held back tears at the end

I don't know what to make of the reviews. On rottentomatoes.com, the critics gave it 26% while people gave it 84%.

Saw it today, absolutely amazing, didn't expect anything less from some of the best. Had the opportunity to work with seals a few years back in iraq and they are great guys. hopefully headed to CC school soon so i'll be working with them in the near future….hopefully….

Can't wait to catch this movie tomorrow. Always wanted to be a Navy Seal, screw that I'm switching service after my contract in the Army is up.

Whenever I see the trailer I always get uncomfortable and think about the propaganda film Stolz der Nation (Nation's Pride) that takes place in Inglourious Basterds because this is pretty much a real life American version of it.

8ce74704dcdfac71fed3329c838f7ff2.jpg

The moment when the two black boats turned the corner and unleashed the dual turrets on the trucks.....BADACE MAN!

Originally Posted by Retrosniipes

The moment when the two black boats turned the corner and unleashed the dual turrets on the trucks.....BADACE MAN!
I was going to post this.  That sound that the guns made was awesome.

I liked the movie a lot.  Gave me goosebumps a few times.  Can't wait for the Blu-Ray to drop.

Originally Posted by straight kash

I heard they used live/real ammunition?? Crazy

Real guns... Blank rounds though.

Saw the movie Friday... I really liked it.  You have to take the dialogue for what its worth and appreciate the authenticity of the action.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

act-of-valor-header.jpg

I cant be the only one thats amped to see this movie... Real active duty Navy Seals, real equipment, real maneuvers.... Cant wait.

Can someone embed the official trailer? Im at work so Youtube is a no-go.

means terrible acting

Back
Top Bottom