OFFICIAL ADIDAS ANTHONY EDWARDS SNEAKER - ADIDAS AE1 (LOWS COMING SOON)

Basketball shoes are form fitting shoes, so the idea of "sizing down" in a basketball shoe doesn't make sense to me. Either you don't know your true size and/or you're accustomed to wearing one brand.

In my opinion and experience, Adidas is more true than Nike. I wear a lot of running shoes.
I’ve always gone down half a size in adidas running shoes and half a size up in stuff like Yeezys and Ultraboosts 🤷🏽‍♂️ but I also have narrow feet..so much can depend on the model/material

Velocity Blues up next on Friday

1709660476832.png

Adding to the debate, I'm a 12 in almost every shoe that I wear on the court. I got 12s for the AE1 and because it's adidas, I have a little more forefoot room vertically and a little bit in the width. The length seemed like I was right near the edge. Even if I cranked the laces as hard as I could, I still had some wiggle room and since the lockdown would be bad, I wouldn't wear them on the court. I figured I would try 11.5 just to see. If they didn't work, I could take them back.

Sizing .5 down to 11.5 was perfect. The length actually feels the same as the 12 (which I know isn't true, but it feels that way - my toe isn't slamming into the edge,) and the rest of my foot feels a lot better locked-down. The only thing is I am going to try oval laces in these. The rope laces are tougher to stay tight and hurt more to put on since I really need to tie them tight. For those questioning, give a half size down a try. The worst that can happen is you return them.

It seems like whether you stay TTS, .5 up, or .5 down all depends on the width of your foot. The people with really wide feet seem to need to go .5 up, wide feet TTS or .5 up, and narrow feet .5 down. Interestingly-enough, the length doesn't really seem to be all that different among the sizes. That was my experience and not many comments talk about the length, either - just the width.

Last edited:
Tried on the Stormtroopers today and they feel more comfortable than the All-Stars do. Am I tripping or is there a comfort difference between the two colorways? Anyone else experience the same?

Sounds like you wear mostly Adidas shoes?

It’s the same thing for me but I mostly wear Nikes so my TTS is a 12 and I go 1/2 down for Adidas…regardless of how you look at it a size 11 in both shoes will run noticeably different.
That’s what I did too and it’s perfect

Got mine in today, I definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone to go half a size down…

Anyone been hooping in these? Everything feels great on except the toecap part, please tell me it loosens up after a few runs cause looks wise these are fire

Got mine in today, I definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone to go half a size down…

Anyone been hooping in these? Everything feels great on except the toecap part, please tell me it loosens up after a few runs cause looks wise these are fire
I’ve played in them extensively. It does a little bit yea!

Tried on the Stormtroopers today and they feel more comfortable than the All-Stars do. Am I tripping or is there a comfort difference between the two colorways? Anyone else experience the same?
I don't have Best of Adis but my With Loves definitely feel more comfy out of the box than The Futures.

Adding to the debate, I'm a 12 in almost every shoe that I wear on the court. I got 12s for the AE1 and because it's adidas, I have a little more forefoot room vertically and a little bit in the width. The length seemed like I was right near the edge. Even if I cranked the laces as hard as I could, I still had some wiggle room and since the lockdown would be bad, I wouldn't wear them on the court. I figured I would try 11.5 just to see. If they didn't work, I could take them back.

Sizing .5 down to 11.5 was perfect. The length actually feels the same as the 12 (which I know isn't true, but it feels that way - my toe isn't slamming into the edge,) and the rest of my foot feels a lot better locked-down. The only thing is I am going to try oval laces in these. The rope laces are tougher to stay tight and hurt more to put on since I really need to tie them tight. For those questioning, give a half size down a try. The worst that can happen is you return them.

It seems like whether you stay TTS, .5 up, or .5 down all depends on the width of your foot. The people with really wide feet seem to need to go .5 up, wide feet TTS or .5 up, and narrow feet .5 down. Interestingly-enough, the length doesn't really seem to be all that different among the sizes. That was my experience and not many comments talk about the length, either - just the width.

That’s what I did too and it’s perfect

MANIACS! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom