Official Adidas Dame Thread - Dame 4 in stores now.

Should This become the Official Adidas Dame Thread?

• Yes

Votes: 89 93.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
It's already out in a youth colorway. The release schedule isn't accurate either because you can find scattered pairs in outlets.

Guess some places are not sticking to the release date or given the go ahead by adidas. Not surprising adidas does this as they don't put out release date info of their own. I saw the white/gum at a finishline store. The blackout's official RD should be Nov. 10 unless it changes.

Played in them for a good 4 hours. The traction is horrible unless you're on a pristine court. Dust collects very quick in the skinny grooves, and is similar to the traction on the Jordan 31s. Lockdown, cushion, and heel to toe transition were on par to the '17 CE PK and definitely a highlight. Bounce cushion and how it's implemented on this model is also A1 and way better than the Nike React on the '17 Hyperdunk. If this shoe just did away with the gimmick traction pattern it would probably be on top of my rotation. Very disappointed, and will probably return for the Rose 8s. Sizing is also a little funky and fits large - I have a widish foot and half sized down (for reference I wear TTS in the CE 17 PK, and half a size up for ultra boosts).

If you sandpaper the first initial layer of the outsole, maybe traction will improve? I don't want to risk it though when I can just return. For the pricepoint I would definitely rock casually, but for performance, I would just grab the '16 Hyperdunk Lows, Kyrie 3s, Hardens, or last year's Crazy Explosives, all of which can be had for <$100.

SUMMARY: If this shoe had the Rose 8 rubber compound/traction pattern, or even the '17 Crazy Explosives, this would be one of the top performers of 2017. Exceptional fit, lockdown, cushion, but horrible traction.

Last edited:
2nd day update:

The fit/comfort is setting in NICELY. The step in comfort was more noticeable this time around. Bounce is nice on the heel and just right in the forefoot. Traction stayed the same, it held where I needed it to so it was good money for the 2 hrs but not much to write home about. I still dont feel that sharp bite on my plants. But it did not give out under me. However, on defense when I closed out on the perimeter, it was sorta hard to recover and lift off my foot once I planted.

Bought a pair of the Dame 4's last week and I do love them. I might buy the white pair with gum sole next week and I'll definitely be buying the black pair when they release.

BW1518_BLR

http://www.finishline.com/store/pro...-shoes/prod2767876?styleId=BW1518&colorId=BLR

Nightwing just gave these a good review. With multiple people saying these are good for ball, I'm going to grab a pair once the right color releases or they hit miadidas.

Nightwing just gave these a good review. With multiple people saying these are good for ball, I'm going to grab a pair once the right color releases or they hit miadidas.

Im tempted to as well. If I can hit that bonce midsole with a nice vibrant blue or orange...then YKWII !!!!

adidas citadel in LA has scattered sizes of Dame 3 (various colors) on the hash wall for $70 + 50% off

So I'm a 11-11.5 with slightly wide foot and tried on a size 11 last night and could not even get my foot in. I don't think I will be able to do these at all.

So I'm a 11-11.5 with slightly wide foot and tried on a size 11 last night and could not even get my foot in. I don't think I will be able to do these at all.

I have a wide foot and it's discouraging at first (annoying even) but with more wears your foot eases in more and more without losing the elasticity and compression of that low/mid cut. Believe me. I've been playing in these non stop for the past 11 days. Go with the 11.5 if anything depending on if you want a snug fit or not.

Jaylen Brown wore the 4’s last night after debuting the CE17 low PK the first two games.

So I played in mine today for the first time and had to take them off and switch shoes. Cushion was fine but the top of my big toes were being pinched with every stride. This normally means to go up a half size but i feel if i didnt that the shoe would be too long. So it looks like this shoe will be casual wear only for me until I buy a different doorway and try getting a half size up

So I played in mine today for the first time and had to take them off and switch shoes. Cushion was fine but the top of my big toes were being pinched with every stride. This normally means to go up a half size but i feel if i didnt that the shoe would be too long. So it looks like this shoe will be casual wear only for me until I buy a different doorway and try getting a half size up
return them? Some shoes just don't work for certain types of feet

Not sure if i already asked this but hows the impact protection? I really need some new shoes that will stop hurting my knees

Yeah Bro, I completely agree. I went a half size up from my Dame 3 size and they fit perfectly for me. I compared the size 9 and 9.5 side by side and the extra length really wasn't that much different to the point where it would affect me or my game negatively (I like a little extra space when I play). I don't know how in the world people are going down a half size, that was WAY too tight for me and I have normal width feet, closer to narrow. Even Nightwing went down a half size I believe and I'm just like whaaaaa, ha ha

But to each his own, of course. I know every foot is different, so I get it, but it's also oh-so confusing :rofl:

Wondering if the Legacy colorway has better traction since it has gum bottoms??? If anybody has a pair please let me know if the traction is good.

So, any reason why they reused the Lillard 2 box? It is a great design, but still..

Back
Top Bottom