Official Adidas Dame Thread - Dame 4 in stores now.

Should This become the Official Adidas Dame Thread?

• Yes

Votes: 89 93.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
It's because they were really limited on that colorway - not many of us got a chance to get them.

It's because they were really limited on that colorway - not many of us got a chance to get them.
Weird. Here in Adidasca, it doesn't seem to be selling lol. Both pairs of the Hardens sold out in less than a day. With this Dame 3s, it still have all sizes available even after a week of being out.

Weird. Here in Adidasca, it doesn't seem to be selling lol. Both pairs of the Hardens sold out in less than a day. With this Dame 3s, it still have all sizes available even after a week of being out.
The Lillard "roots" colorway is sold out everywhere. I dont even think Physical Adidas stores have them in stock or even sold them in store. I heard it was just a limited amount of these made. Adidas.com sold out same day and they later restocked and sold out right away aswell. Eastbay, footlocker and champs had them. I was able to snag a pair but they are on back order until 1/27 smh. So im confused with this Dame 3 roots colorway not sure what the deal is on this pair. 

I am very tempted to get a pair of Dame 3s but I really don't like this Roots colorway. CNY really can't come soon enough. I am soooooooooooo close to pushing the button and purchasing it. This is killing me
frown.gif

Last edited:

I am very tempted to get a pair of Dame 3s but I really don't like this Roots colorway. CNY really can't come soon enough. I am soooooooooooo close to pushing the button and purchasing it. This is killing me
frown.gif
Take a step back.  Why would you be so close to getting a colorway you really don't like?  Makes no sense.

Thanks for the info.  I'm a Blazers fan (a down year for us), so I'm happy with the potential colors.  Very similar to the Chicago Bulls with red, black, white and grey.

Take a step back.  Why would you be so close to getting a colorway you really don't like?  Makes no sense.

True I gotta stop. The only reason I'm tempted to get one is because this is one of my most anticipated shoe along with the hardens. Especially after seeing the CNY and the aways. Sooooo sexy. I wonder when the miadidas will start for these and the Hardens.

in Taiwan , we only got 50 pairs of roots cw, that's inasane
still, i was lucky enough to cop them

you can see the outsole, especially the heel part is wider than lillard 2
therefore the traction is much better than lillard 2 

because it would increase in the area of contact

the traction in lillard 3 is great, not rose 7 great  , but still great

here is the most interesting thing

the strobel(which is beneath the insole)in lillard 3 is quite differeant from other basketball shoes adidas made this year

the forefoot part is perforated,  you can see five holes athe forefoot part of the strobel, that's new!!!!!

and one big hole at the heel part of the strobel

the material of the strobel is also different

looks like pu or eva to me, not sure

but it is more elastic and spongy than previous model

Last edited:
imo these are the best looking basketball shoes out after the kyrie's

I want an all black pair but the all red ones are too cold to pass on...if I can get a pair of those im good

View media item 2283857View media item 2283859View media item 2283860View media item 2283862
I tried these out recently, the fit is tight like the KD9 but i would say half sz down, the fit is narrow but the length ishalf sz down. traction is decent but limited in some parts I found the toe area has better coverage on a lot of other shoes these days. the base is stable and wide and the materials seem durable. the one thing that is noticeable is the weight, the heel counter is very pronounced and has a thick bulky feel, the shoes require a break in for sure as the materials are stiff and rigid out of the box.

its a very solid shoe but i just dont like the transition, the midfoot is quite narrow and rigid which took away the bounce cushioning from my experience, the step in comfort is good but i just dont feel the cushion is responsive and dynamic compared to the 2.

The numbers tell a lot, compared to the Kd9 and the hyperdunk 2016 its almost 15% heavier and it feels it, the main issue for me is the balance of the weight is mainly over the heel and this effects the transition and overall fit. i dont think this can be improved by a knit upper as the weight is mainly in the heel counter.

overall i feel this shoe is still a good budget model but its no longer the hero shoe like the DL 2, if anything its the same level as the DL 1, some people will like it but others will be underwhelmed, a few small factors effecting the overall performance.

Thanks for the info.  That heel section does look very bulky.

The transition and heel strike was one of the main reasons I returned my Lillard 2's.  Transition on the 1's however, was one of my favorite parts of the shoe and some of the smoothest transition I've ever experienced.

I still want to give the 3's a shot since everyone has different preferences.

Seems like Adidas dropped the ball with the Dame 3's. Since everybody loved the 2's all they had to do was make small cosmetic changes and we would be good.
But nah, they wanted a all new design with different (cheaper) materials. :smh:

Last edited:
Its not trash, I just feel incremental change would have been better than the direction they took, the price increase is also a factor here as its a trend to see prices go up on budget model shoes that have demand. One of the key advantages Adidas has had on basketball sneakers in recent years is the price point.

Also why I wasn't happy with the $10 price bump.

The CE lows are going to be $120 so that shoe better take 10 step back from the CE highs to make up for that $5 difference.

I havent watched a vid from these guys in a while but they were the first review I saw so i posted and for the love of god are there so much contradictions in this review.

"cushion isn't as bouncy and doesn't have as much court feel as the 2s, doesn't help with transition and makes the shoe clunky.... I give it a 9/10"

"traction is good on very clean courts, on dusty forget about it, look, you can still see the dust on the sole... I give it a 9/10"

"so much heel slippage but the lacing system REALLY works! kind of, just copy the Kobes... I like it!... 9/10"

"aesthetics, they look dope, except for the sole, then that is terrible!"

"overall it's a REALLY, REALLY NICE shoes, I love it, except for the fit and clunkiness and the weight and lockdown...."

then...

"is it going to crack your rotation??" ... "nope, i am really disappointed!"

WTF! :rofl:

I mean sorry, i don't really do that but man, I have no idea what I just watched :lol:

Last edited:

I havent watched a vid from these guys but they were the first review I saw so i posted and for the love of god are there so much contradictions in this review.

"cushion isn't as bouncy and doesn't have as much court feel as the 2s, doesn't help with transition and makes the shoe clunky.... I give it a 9/10"

"traction is good on very clean courts, on dusty forget about it, look, you can still see the dust on the sole... I give it a 9/10"

"so much heel slippage but the lacing system REALLY works! kind of, just copy the Kobes... I like it!... 9/10"

"overall it's a REALLY, REALLY NICE shoes, I love it, except for the fit and clunkiness and the weight and lockdown...."

then...

I mean sorry, i don't really do that but man, I have no idea what I just watched :lol:

Like I said man, they really need to organize their **** together. Like write down how they actually feel about the shoe and use it as a guideline. **** man, so unprofessional.

Last edited:
I saw theres another review on youtube but i dont think the guy has much experience doing performance reviews... still at least he looks like he can play ball.

I still cant see how these guys can say the shoe is good for wide feet cus i found them snug like the kd9.

Last edited:
looking a page back, that review was actually posted along with NWs (which I think I missed)

Dame 3 CNY colorway won't be releasing in Canada. I'm screwed. That's the only colorway I want apart from mi adidas which take a very long time.

And that's why I don't watch those two.

I havent watched a vid from these guys but they were the first review I saw so i posted and for the love of god are there so much contradictions in this review.

then...

That's why I don't watch those two

Last edited:
^^^ That review doesn't even make sense... They give the shoe majority 9/10, claim its a really nice shoes, but in the end it wouldn't crack their rotation...?

Back
Top Bottom