Official Adidas Dame Thread - Dame 4 in stores now.

Should This become the Official Adidas Dame Thread?

• Yes

Votes: 89 93.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
they didn't really give it time

adidas are just quick to discount their shoes, the current alpha bounce got discounted after about two weeks on the shelf

i think harden 2s were discounted within a month

seems like if it isn't moving like yeezys, they consider it a failure and have to move the merch asap even at cost

first vol3s come out oct 12 and then another colorway on oct 15, we'll see if the mvp win has some bearing on it's sale

I'm not disagreeing but honestly adidas as a whole is struggling to sell sneakers. they couldn't keep NMDs and Ultra Boosts on shelves a year ago and now they can't give ANYTHING away. so when you release something and they're not moving they're cutting their losses faster.

doesn't even feel like they are marketing the Hardens that hard and then they are quick to discount them
They weren't quick to discount them. They were 140 for months before they discounted them and didn't start moving outside the ibas CW until they had them for about $50 dollars. Hell most of the online retailers and brick stores still got dang near fsr of every non black CW of the vol 2's. I love mine but overall people weren't messing with them so to sell them they have to drop the prices or have them stay stinking in the warehouse.

it's because oversaturated the market for those shoes

there were weekends when ~8 NMD colorways released not to mention that there might have been 3-4 new UB colorways from the same week

i don't think they are struggling that much, they've managed to really take a good chunk of market share from nike, constantly at double digit increase every quarter iirc

but they've really only relied on boost and no other tech comes to mind like nike is churning out (or marketing as such)

They weren't quick to discount them. They were 140 for months before they discounted them and didn't start moving outside the ibas CW until they had them for about $50 dollars. Hell most of the online retailers and brick stores still got dang near fsr of every non black CW of the vol 2's. I love mine but overall people weren't messing with them so to sell them they have to drop the prices or have them stay stinking in the warehouse.

nah, i definitely saw the first few colorways discounted within a month, at least 30% off and i believe it was finishline

even the vol 1s after the initial hype, the first colorway were discounted and i could have had for ~$80-$90 within a month, i distinctly remember because it was on macys.com which is curated/ran by finishline

some of the lillards were discounted too though i think that stayed longer at retail in-stores

and the crazy explosives were so scarce that it seemed like adidas didn't even want to sell them, i was looking for the first gen crazy explosive highs in-store everywhere and i think they released like 5 pk colorways total

then everyone was waiting and willing to pay $200 on the byw's and the initial pair with all the hype during asg dissipated because adidas released like 100 pairs and now i am not even sure they are selling well now that they released light colorways

but bball shoes sales are just down all around, nikes had discounts on some of their sigs too just not as deep as adidas and not as quick especially on their big sigs models, the kd's were on sale early but not the brons, kobes or kyries iirc (some stores might have had a $10 off here and there but nothing too drastic)

it's because oversaturated the market for those shoes

there were weekends when ~8 NMD colorways released not to mention that there might have been 3-4 new UB colorways from the same week

i don't think they are struggling that much, they've managed to really take a good chunk of market share from nike, constantly at double digit increase every quarter iirc

but they've really only relied on boost and no other tech comes to mind like nike is churning out (or marketing as such)

nah, i definitely saw the first few colorways discounted within a month, at least 30% off and i believe it was finishline

even the vol 1s after the initial hype, the first colorway were discounted and i could have had for ~$80-$90 within a month, i distinctly remember because it was on macys.com which is curated/ran by finishline

some of the lillards were discounted too though i think that stayed longer at retail in-stores

and the crazy explosives were so scarce that it seemed like adidas didn't even want to sell them, i was looking for the first gen crazy explosive highs in-store everywhere and i think they released like 5 pk colorways total

then everyone was waiting and willing to pay $200 on the byw's and the initial pair with all the hype during asg dissipated because adidas released like 100 pairs and now i am not even sure they are selling well now that they released light colorways

but bball shoes sales are just down all around, nikes had discounts on some of their sigs too just not as deep as adidas and not as quick especially on their big sigs models, the kd's were on sale early but not the brons, kobes or kyries iirc (some stores might have had a $10 off here and there but nothing too drastic)
The finish line example was the outlier so I don't really count that. If you do cool but I was talking more widespread discounts like now where dang near every place has them on sale.

The byw x aren't selling at 180 only size they don't have is 11.5.

I agree about Nike having sells but usually not as big as adidas. Adidas doesn't have the same bball clout as Nike imo. That's why they don't have to drop the prices as much. The Hardens are probably one of the best performance sneaks out there but becaus they adidas folks like bump em until they going for 50. You drop a pair of signature Nikes that low they gone in a day or two for the most part. I saw the Westbrooks at an outlet in Cali in a thread and they had a fsr so always outliers but the Lebron 15 at 40-50 they gone in a few hours if that.

i count finishline because it's a major retailer plus i have seen them on sale on smaller stores too, i just can't remember which but there were sales that people were jumping on the red vol1's because of that

the thing with performance is while plenty of us here adore it and argue to death about traction and stability, most buyers do not really play ball in them, just like retros many buy them for casual wear and when the casual wearers lost interest in wearing bball shoes off-court that's when sales declined

runners are thriving though because that's what people want to wear casually these days, it went with the athleisure lifestyle better but then adidas blew all their load on the UB and NMD (though not a performance shoe, it was like rosherun, looks of a runner for casual use) and really had little to no change to them, UBs has the same midsole and they just change the pk pattern and people could only buy so much UBs in 4-5 years that looks like from the same generation

i count finishline because it's a major retailer plus i have seen them on sale on smaller stores too, i just can't remember which but there were sales that people were jumping on the red vol1's because of that

the thing with performance is while plenty of us here adore it and argue to death about traction and stability, most buyers do not really play ball in them, just like retros many buy them for casual wear and when the casual wearers lost interest in wearing bball shoes off-court that's when sales declined

runners are thriving though because that's what people want to wear casually these days, it went with the athleisure lifestyle better but then adidas blew all their load on the UB and NMD (though not a performance shoe, it was like rosherun, looks of a runner for casual use) and really had little to no change to them, UBs has the same midsole and they just change the pk pattern and people could only buy so much UBs in 4-5 years that looks like from the same generation
I agree with all this esp the part about it's only so many CW of the nmd and ultraboost you can buy. I like quite a few CW but I'm not about to buy all of them. If they keep doing 40% sales like they eastbay though I might consider lol.

This same time last year he was already wearing the 4s and then they released in October.. Dames usually are the first to drop from adidas sigs. That being said, hopefully they are redesigning bc the leaked pics were utter trash.
1s dropped in early Feb. Limited drop of 2s released in late December and then full launch was late January. Same thing for Dame 3s.

Dame 4s may have been moved up because Vol. 2 was delayed. As I said before, I expect adidas to get back to the normal cycle for Dame 5 (hype drop in mid/late December, wide release in late January).

doesn't even feel like they are marketing the Hardens that hard and then they are quick to discount them
adidas is switching ad agencies so Vol. 3 marketing may hit later. It's still 2 weeks from launch so we'll see.

sonic - chasing rings?
43816468_519423301859208_270462221113003445_n.jpg

Marcus smart still rocking dame 4. Wonder why he hasn’t shifted to pro bounce or if he’ll move into the dame 5

Fair to say it's over for Adidas. I was hoping the leaks stopped bc they were redesigning/improving his shoe. Smh. Was a nice run. Lol .

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5617-1384879428-30.gif

Ok these the ugliest shoes ever. Who in their right mind is gonna go to a store/order online and actually buy this crap? "Uhhhh yeah dogg gimme dat new Dame 5 size 10"
Adidas evolving backwards man

The Dame 4 is a tough act to follow.

These 5’s I’m gonna have to see in person. I wasn’t a fan of the 4, but the price point, colorways, and the look got me

Wow. I've picked up every Dame so far and the only model I didn't really like on court was the 2. I like how all of them look except for this one. It is by far the worst looking to me.

Back
Top Bottom