Official Adidas Dame Thread - Dame 4 in stores now.

Should This become the Official Adidas Dame Thread?

• Yes

Votes: 89 93.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
The leather looks nice on the black pair but that floating piece throws the shoe off imo. It'd flow better without it.

Already got a link up for 2/1.
https://www.adidas.com/us/dame-5-shoes/F36561.html

They're considered lows? Interesting

Made to play fresh out of the box, these low top basketball shoes are designed for Damian Lillard's signature style. Built with a textile upper, they feature flexible cushioning for lightweight comfort on every step-back jumper. The herringbone outsole lets you change directions on a dime.

Already got a link up for 2/1.
https://www.adidas.com/us/dame-5-shoes/F36561.html

They're considered lows? Interesting

Made to play fresh out of the box, these low top basketball shoes are designed for Damian Lillard's signature style. Built with a textile upper, they feature flexible cushioning for lightweight comfort on every step-back jumper. The herringbone outsole lets you change directions on a dime.

LMAO, if those are Lows, then what the hell do they consider the Dame 4s - ultra Lows?

That black pair is the first pair I've seen that works for me, meaning I could see myself actually wearing them.

But why do I feel like heel slip is going to be a problem...if you look at the second pic, even though they don't seem tightly laced, that's a lot of space between shoe and ankle. I hope it's not an issue with these as it is with so many Adidas bball shoes. Even though Dame is putting up numbers in these, he has also played well in the 1 and those were notorious for their heel slip.

Dxx-VzYW0AApbeT.jpg

Dxx-VzWWkAA9qP6.jpg

Dxx-VzKX4AEAHbA.jpg

OK initial impressions (just arrived, haven't worn on court yet)
i got the red/purple colourway with the mesh in the forefoot, i know a lot of people saying they don't like the materials and it is cheap, but to me honestly it feels like the execution is done well, in hand i was pleased and impressed with the quality

the bounce cushion is nice, better than the dame 4, can't speak on any earlier dames as i didn't play in them, but the bounce foam does seem significantly more plush than it was in the 4, comfort is on point. tiny bit of room in the toe length wise, basically its the same as the dame 4, i wouldn't go down half a size personally because i like the width

i haven't played in them yet so i can't say much -but i did notice one issue that concerns me and that's the collar, it seems to be there asthetically but provides nothing at all in terms of support, i see a lot of people are already concerned about heel slip but once i used the last lace eyelet (the metal one) it seemed to improve quite a bit. the real issue for me is the padding, if you look at the sides of the inside of the ankle area you will see this beautiful pattern of padding that is done little sections that flow across each side of the shoe around your foot, it looks good, the problem is it was made in two seperate pieces and stiched together down the centre of the back of the heel, and where it intersects with the plastic heel counter there is a bit of a bump where the stiches are raised up on top of the top of the heel counter creating a hot spot, again i havent played in them yet and will have to update but i am honestly shocked at how easily you can feel the heel counter plastic insert and how exposed it is, in most shoes that section of plastic is encased in a lot of layers of material and foam but here its right out there.

anyway shall have to play in them and see, it would be a huge shame if it is an issue because the rest of the shoe looks great

People’s champ for me too, out of that bunch .

Anyone know if they’re releasing the black leather with the graffiti midsole and red support shank (from the weartester yt vid)?

La Heems look incredible but I dunno if I can rock white-toed shoes on the court, will get dirty too fast.
adidas-Dame-5-La-Heem-The-Dream-1.jpg

Best dame shoe yet - better than the 2.
How do they fit? Dame 2s I went down a half size from my TTS and while length was fine, the insole was kinda slick and I'd get some toe jamming on hard stops/cuts.

Excited to read your review.

I didn't think the 2's were that great. Solid shoe overall, but just a bit clunky for me. Also went half down, although I consider half down to be my "TTS" in Dame shoes and most Adidas bball.

I like the 4's the most, followed by the 3's, although I wish the 4's had a more traditional outsole. 3's are fun if you can get the lacing right.

How do they fit? Dame 2s I went down a half size from my TTS and while length was fine, the insole was kinda slick and I'd get some toe jamming on hard stops/cuts.

Excited to read your review.

I would size the same as the 2 and 4. I like a little extra length, about a half inch between my big toe and the end of the shoe, and tts worked. Half down would have probably been ok as well since the upper is soft and should stretch around your foot. It’s a traditional tongue also so the upper pulls around your foot.

I didn't think the 2's were that great. Solid shoe overall, but just a bit clunky for me. Also went half down, although I consider half down to be my "TTS" in Dame shoes and most Adidas bball.

I like the 4's the most, followed by the 3's, although I wish the 4's had a more traditional outsole. 3's are fun if you can get the lacing right.

The 5 have the cushioning of the 2 with the fit of the 4 and the traction of the 1. Really the best of the 4 put together.

Back
Top Bottom