Official Adidas Trae Young Signature Shoe Thread $140

Any word on whether the green pair he wore in the playoffs is dropping? That's the only one I need.

Initial Thoughts/Impressions

I was able to play in these a bit last night for full court 5s and this morning for some shoot around and 2s, and I gotta say, these are money so far

The cushioning is easily my favorite thing about this shoe. While they feel heavy initially, the cushioning gives you the perfect amount of impact protection while not sacrificing any court feel so you don’t really think about them being on your feet. The LightStrike + Boost implementation is done really really well on these shoes.

The fit is also something I thought would make me not like these on-court, but the length in the toe-box doesn’t really affect you when you’re cutting, running, and jumping. It’s not like the Curry 8, where an abrupt stop will cause you to jam all your toes at the front of the shoe. And I thought heel slippage might be an issue but somehow it was not.

Stability is also VERY sound in these. The shoe seemingly has a low center of gravity so I was able to play without my ankle braces and didn’t feel any risk of roll-overs on cuts and jumps. On a side note - I have no idea how TY wears these with braces, as getting the shoe on your foot is the only negative to these lol. So far I have not had any issues with stability, nor do I feel unsafe playing in these.

Traction was surprisingly good, and I don’t mean to say that due to the pattern of the tread, but more so because the Ice Trae colorway has that translucent outsole and those usually don’t seem to be as grippy over time. That initial bite is nice, but as dust accumulates, you’ll lose the traction, especially with translucent over solid outsoles. But so far, no issues with the traction!

Overall, the heel to toe transition, along with the cushioning implementation and great traction make it a really great ride. The price is a little steep for a shoe that doesn’t have great materials at all (they are cheap lol - no other way to put it), but for those who want court feel, combined with a very comfy cushioning implementation, will love these. I am interested to see how these will hold up over time and will keep y’all posted!

Last edited:
I got the email after ordering on 10/1 saying my was delayed then the next day said it was shipped with estimated delivery of 10/7 and I woke up on 10/3 to a delivered email haha. So anything is possible!

TY got a gem here.

I’m gonna check adidas nyc but aside from that, these aren’t widely available in nyc.

Could be supply / logistics / delivery issues that are limiting the supply (or maybe the demand is high for these) but it’s interesting to see a lot of sizes keep selling out / aren’t widely available.
Maybe adidas just has a hit on their hands.

JS”

Last edited:
Half size down for me. They feel dope on feet. May wait for a different colorway. But I’m def in for at least 5 pairs. That Christmas and black colorway he wore during the playoffs I want.
965BCACC-8115-42B2-BA7F-13A94F7DB328.jpeg

Last edited:
Ageeed

they weren’t that difficult to get on feet but my god when I got my feet in the plushness kicked in immediately

god willing I’m in for both so so def colorways and the Christmas colorway.

Anyone seen these in any adidas stores? Haven’t been out and about yet to see

i'm hella late to the game. that cotton candy colorway is fire! wonder if they'll restock again.

53EC0198-1F38-4E45-BCCE-C71CFCBE5419.png

For the 5 of us hawks fan that care. TF is that a Fitbit, anyway I’m trying to score tickets to the opener. Thankfully I don’t work far away so I can leave my car, hit the game and come back on Marta before it closes and drive back home.
imma be there on the 21st:pimp:
out of all the shoes I copped this year had to make sure I supported the home town team
98F42E18-CE81-4336-9FA7-8C6FB09B0E2F.jpeg

Went tts and they feel like that should work. Hope I’m not going to second guess my decision on the courts. Im not sure which pair I’m going to keep. Got them both with 25% off icon rewards.
A53A5E2C-1E74-4DF0-B8BE-7FB527CE8C83.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom