Official Advice Thread Vol. all i want for my birthday is advice

Edit: I'm in the kitchen, advice is given everywhere :nthat:

I knew I forgot to do something during the start of my bday :lol: but I still have a few hours left of my 24th.

Last edited:
Happy birthday 
pimp.gif

Some words of advice:

Keep your options open

Sometimes something that may appear small could potentially be the first domino to fall, learn to pick and choose your battles

An active lifestyle will keep you focused and take your mind off things

Everything in moderation

Last edited:
Happy birthday home! My advice: Live with no regrets man. Stack dough, mack ****.

Happy birthday.

Don't stress over things that are out of your control.

Advice at 24? Don't regret anything, cherish your parents if you still have them, live within your means but don't feel conformed to any 'scape' yet, think with your heart, your penis, and your mind...love, but do not force it, travel if you can afford to, spend as much time as you can by the water, create a haiku a day that makes you laugh, ask for a raise, do not expect to get it, finish school, experiment with career choices, listen to a new genre of music, think about the future, read more, complain less...honestly enjoy whatever positives you have, scheme on a future, and do not be afraid to make mistakes now.  Happy Thanksgiving good sir, I hope 24 is your best year yet!

Time is your most precious resource: time with friends, time with spouse, time with kids, etc.

I may be the most tight-fisted money-grubbing bastard on this forum, but even I've learned...you have to find a proper work-life balance.

happy bday 
smokin.gif
 toast to another year of life

never trust a man who cuts his burger in half

it's ok to make mistakes, just don't make the same mistake twice

journey > destination 

be youthful, but not immature

always be nice to the waiter. don't trust people who aren't

karma is legit

if you're not happy being single, you won't be happy in a relationship

always put in that extra minute to get it done right. it takes hours to fix mistakes

wife a girl that works at subway cuz she already knows how to make your sandwich

put a label on all of your chargers. people will steal your charger before they steal your iphone and macbook

Last edited:
**** every female you have the impulse to, you can do it.  let your elders know you got next, if the resist the wave drown them, don't let love cloud your judgment (friends, family and or your girl) love will destroy you at this age. What ever your mark on the world will be lay the foundation down with bricks made from vibranium and laser guns to slice your enemies in half for even given you the awkward eye...emotionally scar their loved ones to point the message is clear you're on an unstoppable mission.

Don't take you parents and or grandparents for granted. The older you get, the older they get, spend time with them while you can.

happy late bday OP.

some words of advice from a fellow 24'an. if you are talking to a girl on POF and she tells you where she works and you happen to stop by and you notice that maybe, just maybe her profile picture may be a few years old and now she's a few (a lot of few) pounds heavier, it's best to delete your POF account.

Save your money

Invest

Workout at least 4 times a week

Grow a beard

dont let women control your life

Stop apologizing

Look people in the eye

Always push the envelope

Don't care what others think of you

Don't go back to your ex

Learn to work on your own car and house

Don't break bread with the ungrateful

If she's not your wife don't help women with there problems

Always stay calm / maintain your frame

Listen more talk less

Pay attention to what people do rather than listen to what they say

The only thing you can count on in this world is your mind and body

Last edited:
You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

Do it to do it...not to have done it.

The world is a tragedy if you feel but its a comedy if you think.

A man is only as big as what gets him mad

"Avoid using the word 'very' because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don't use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women - and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do. It also won't do in your essays."-John Keating, Dead Poet’s Society

If you run into an a hole in the morning, you ran into an a hole. If you run into a holes all day, you're the a hole.

dont fear the man who has practiced ten thousand kicks..fear the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times.

If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea

Dont use paper towels to wipe your butt.

Happy birthday.

Don't stress over things that are out of your control.
A lot of good ones in here but can't stress this one enough. To add:

The earlier you learn to stick to a budget, the better. Look up the 50/30/20 budget.

When apartment shopping, do not make a choice based on accommodating others. Its your pad, your home. Not the club.

When your working in the office, dress for the job you want.

To piggyback off the last one, presentation goes a long way. Be it your physical appearance, the quality of your work, adding those extra bells and whistles. Aesthetic appeal can make up for shortcomings content wise, or turn good work into outstanding work. Trust me.

Disregard these ****** and acquire traits and skills to make yourself a better person.

Back
Top Bottom