**Official AE86 Corolla Thread Pic/vids/stories/whatever!**

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

personally...sticking with the theme...I like the look of Datsun 510's better
datsun 510 or datsun roadster for me ...
pimp.gif

0303tur_12z+Datsun_510+Front_Passenger_Side.jpg

mycar1.jpg

i have a buddy who rebuilt his AE86 and drop a SR20DET motor ...bayarea head probably seen it at import car show...he won couple awards

Damn I thought I was like the only person who like 510's. If the ae86 is your definition of an excellent handling car, you need to drive better cars.Sureit's a fun car, but you guys are making it out to be a track weapon and that simply isn't the case.

I'll take a 510 over a 86 without a doubt. I'm a nissan guy. I still appreciate the 86 though. Mazda RX3 fits well in this category also, and is a dopelooking car, even though I don't know much about rotary engines.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Damn I thought I was like the only person who like 510's. If the ae86 is your definition of an excellent handling car, you need to drive better cars.Sure it's a fun car, but you guys are making it out to be a track weapon and that simply isn't the case.

I'm not sure how much money Tsuchiya spent on his 86, but the thing is a beast and I doubt it's pushing more than 350whp. (don't quote me) On BestMOTOring they put Tsuchiya and his 86 against a cople other pro drivers, one driving a Skyline R34, Tsuchiya ate them up starting from the back of the grid. Ifyou don't consider the R34 a handling car, then I don't know what to tell you.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Damn I thought I was like the only person who like 510's. If the ae86 is your definition of an excellent handling car, you need to drive better cars.Sure it's a fun car, but you guys are making it out to be a track weapon and that simply isn't the case.

I'm not sure how much money Tsuchiya spent on his 86, but the thing is a beast and I doubt it's pushing more than 350whp. (don't quote me) On Best MOTOring they put Tsuchiya and his 86 against a cople other pro drivers, one driving a Skyline R34, Tsuchiya ate them up starting from the back of the grid. If you don't consider the R34 a handling car, then I don't know what to tell you.

One big beef I have with best motoring is their ridiculous bias towards japanese cars. They ALWAYS have euro cars taking the ugliest lines through the corners.Its soo bad I remember seeing a 997 gt3 at pole position lose to a stock r34. Then after that I actually payed attention to the lines each car took througheach corner and saw the reason. I take best motoring as seriously as top gear with regards to their euro vs japan comparisons, they just serve asentertainment.

Back
Top Bottom