🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

40FFC49B-9BF5-4F01-9148-DE66FA15CC39.png

Saw a stockx commercial on tv and was surprised to see them flash an atc 2 hot lava among the shoes they flashed.

I have a fun story attached to the Tech Challenge IVs - two years ago I still lived in a different part of town where mostly old people live and got into a conversation with an old fella at a laundry who recognized the IVs I was wearing as the shoes Agassi used to wear. He wasn't a huge sneakerhead but he was a giant tennis buff and remembered all sorts of details - he invited me to some tea and he had posters of Agassi, Sampras, Becker and all others plastered on his wall and played in senior league tennis. I bet he'd really get along with some of you guys here!

Of all lines I think this might be #3-4 all time. Jordan, Penny, KG (flightposte), Andre, Barkley
I love Flightposites as much as anyone (in its true form), but I'd rank Andre and Barkley ahead of KG. (Especially if the midsole of the ATC II influenced the Nike era Yeezys)........But it’s all subjective.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK
I love Flightposites as much as anyone (in its true form), but I'd rank Andre and Barkley ahead of KG. (Especially if the midsole of the ATC II influenced the Nike era Yeezys)........But it’s all subjective.
Oh it’s very close and Jordan’s take a huge hit after 11 imo.

Oh it’s very close and Jordan’s take a huge hit after 11 imo.
This is an unpopular opinion but I think that the 13, 16-18 and 21 are some of the best sneakers ever, not only from a technical standpoint but also design-wise. The XVIIs especially are one of my favorite shoes ever because of their sleek design that's both modern and classic

This is an unpopular opinion but I think that the 13, 16-18 and 21 are some of the best sneakers ever, not only from a technical standpoint but also design-wise. The XVIIs especially are one of my favorite shoes ever because of their sleek design that's both modern and classic
Here’s an even more unpopular opinion, I think the 13’s are trash

I feel like the 13s have lost some popularity all around - probably because people like more "minimal" shoes. But the 13s are peak 90s excessiveness, I personally really like that!

I feel like the 13s have lost some popularity all around - probably because people like more "minimal" shoes. But the 13s are peak 90s excessiveness, I personally really like that!
Yes let me rephrase. Me as an adult don’t like them at all. They’re horrible. As a kid I thought they were neat. 12’s never have and never will do anything for me

Just to keep the weird opinion train rolling - Lowtop 12s are better than regular 12s!

Also - the ATCIII is maybe slightly better than the II!

Just to keep the weird opinion train rolling - Lowtop 12s are better than regular 12s!

Also - the ATCIII is maybe slightly better than the II!

3 > 2

I’m not scared. I’ll say it. The midsole alone is better. Better looking. The tennis ball trumps lava splatter too.

YEAH BUT THINK 'BOUT THAT YEEZY MIDSOLE BOIIII!!!
No but seriously, I also feel like that but just slightly - I think Andre has had the most consistent series of sneakers all around, I don't have one I don't really like

Back
Top Bottom