🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

Hi guys, could you guys give me more insight on what year(s) did Agassi used the POG with the blacked out paint job? If I remember correctly, he used it in ‘96 briefly but idk if any longer than that.

Hi guys, could you guys give me more insight on what year(s) did Agassi used the POG with the blacked out paint job? If I remember correctly, he used it in ‘96 briefly but idk if any longer than that.

He temporarily used the Pog with the Donnay stencil around 1989 but he quickly switched back to Donnay as they obviously didn't want to be playing with a Prince racquet. They developed the Pro One to be closer to the Pog and even though he used the blue and yellow mold, it was same as the Donnay orange and gray which was later sold to the public as a "limited" model. He went back to using the Pog a few years ago at some of the exhibition tournaments just to mess around with but he has been sticking with Head. The rumored Pog that he may or may not have used was never confirmed but that was in 1998. It does look like it though. Some thought it could have been a Head prototype.

150410171617-tennis-fashion-andre-agassi-1980s-super-169.jpg

gettyimages-640256267-612x612.jpg

Last edited:
783A53B5-EED9-4757-BD69-F43CB87A2D19.jpeg
7537DDD6-F53D-40AD-9BDC-F79E201B7C8C.jpeg
45630465-D869-487B-88CC-55AA9226D53A.jpeg
F239AE44-8DB5-4FED-9AA4-34AE6386A768.jpeg
I see, somehow I thought it was in ‘96 not ‘98. Anyway, the reason I asked because I blacked out a POG 107 and it looks close to what he used briefly in ‘98 minus the Head logo on the side. I was thinking of adding similar strings he used w/ a Head stencil.

I love the matte look on racquets. Makes it mysterious imo. Up next is the Babolat PA but with the prototype pj. :smile:

Oh man!!! I am DYING for an Challenge LWP retro! Black/Teal for me! Brings me back to my HS tennis team & the "Tennis Sucks" campaign. Wish I got that skull & cross racquets hat back in the day!!

Last edited:
So much swag. That's why he's the GOAT to me. He made tennis look dope and accessible even though it's a very elitist sport.

So so true. When I was growing up, there was a tennis club a mile from my house. I could ride my bike to it when I was little IF I was a member. Only the rich were members. My parents were anything but rich. Dad an auto mechanic and mom worked part time in the cafeteria in the local jr high school. Always thought tennis as a rich person's sport I would never be able to play.

Once I saw Andre in '89, that changed EVERYTHING for me. The hair, the clothes (always thought of it being a stuffed shirt sport wearing only white) and most importantly the shoes!! Got a MacGregor racquet from Clover (a department store) and hit against my garage. Never had a lesson but got pretty darn good. Thanks to Andre he helped me fall in love with a sport that I still play today at 42 (have a Lobster Grand Elite 5 which I LOVE and helps keep me in shape).

If Nike would wake up and retro some of his older shoes (the LWPs first please!!!) I'd buy all 4 OG colors!!! Black/teal; white/red; blackcopper, and the white/black/metallic sliver above. LOVED this shoe!! I still have the shirt and shorts from the commerical!!

Hi everyone , i'm following since a long time your very interesting discussions here about Agassi , i was passionated (and still today) about him when i was young , playing with the same shoes , rackets etc ...:smile: I decided this year to restart a complete shoes collection , rackets etc to restart playing in very low level in competition , 20 years after my last tournaments :smile::smile: , with the equipment i used when i was young , just to relaunch a Agassi spirit on the court , and to wake up the country club here in South of France !! :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 38
I remember searching everywhere for that Agassi outfit and shoes. Just my luck was on vacation in Florida and found them in a golf tennis store. Believe was called specialty golf .
Was hard to find stuff in New Jersey back then.

The shirt wasn’t very comfortable with the double collar but it still looked cool with the shoes. The shortd were pretty baggy as well but comfortable.

Nice. I hate that the Youtube filter still isn't working. Can't find the new Agassi vids. Keep seeing "Agassi Ching" vids. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom