šŸŽ¾ OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava ā€œagedā€ retro šŸŽ¾

Iā€™m doubtful they release them with this Lebron release just because they did it in 2014 and 2016 but it would be awesome. Iā€™m getting the Agassi inspired pair no matter what!

Check out this Vapormax with the Hot Lava like appearance.

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 8.46.55 AM.png

With the Lebron 16 inspired medicine ball pair they are releasing the actual medicine ball trainers separately. The Agassi inspired Lebron lavas will release soon so I wonder if Nike will retro the lavas again.
Don't recall seeing lava inspecte LeBron's?
In need of another pair since I still can't for the life of me find a 2016 pair.

MediBall colorway never really did it for me... but I guess if I can find some for cheap, I can use them for tennis.

Yeah, we discussed this back then. Yes, it was some sort of testing prototype, but ultimately, AA wore the retail model that we all had and remember. Here's the thing though... the upper on this "retro" wasn't even anything like the OG. The shape was completely different, the panels were different (much thinner on the OG) and the patterns were off. Had they used the same upper on an ATC3 tooling, I would have "accepted" them a bit more, but calling those an actual "retro of a PE" is just not accurate.

Yes thatā€™s right, I had in 1992 the Wimbledon color model , and the upper was really different in my memory and far more comfortable than the retro , but lā€™m quite happy to play with them on the clay , remembering the good old time !

Attachments

• 8DA54D38-7135-49DA-8D8A-B607C232FA96.jpeg
    8DA54D38-7135-49DA-8D8A-B607C232FA96.jpeg
    840.1 KB · Views: 18
Yes thatā€™s right, I had in 1992 the Wimbledon color model , and the upper was really different in my memory and far more comfortable than the retro , but lā€™m quite happy to play with them on the clay , remembering the good old time !
nice picture, the surface looks cool and maybe even beautiful; really adds to the idea of tennis being a special type of game

I certainly donā€™t remember them ever releasing in the U.S. I assume that they just made peā€™s for him to practice in since he wore the new style shirt in 92. And he used to only practice in t shirts or shirts with sleeves cut off or no shirt so who knows if he practiced with it but it does look worn. Obviously the no shirt or cut off wouldnā€™t apply for Wimbledon. The only time that I have seen that colorway was when he re-signed back with Nike for the press release.

A1C0CA25-E0F0-4762-9C6A-804DDFFC2946.jpeg

Last edited:
Did they end up cancelling the hot lava pair now since they're not in the playoffs?
Was really hoping they'd drop the ATC II lava pair too.

If youā€™re referring to the Agassi inspired lava pair for Lebron we are expecting it to still release. Iā€™m going to guess end of May.

Either. Really curious to see what the LeBron's will look like. Just hoping they will do an ATC too.

I think theyā€™ll be awesome. It sucks that they have waited this long to release them. I hope they do another lava release or at least make a shirt similar to what they did with the medicine ball pairs but Iā€™m doubtful they will this time around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom