🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

7289, 7290.jpg

7291, 7292.jpg

Is everyone purchasing at first chance or hoping for a disco? Lol Think I know the answer
Sartorial just posted more Agassi pics on his Instagram but wearing the 2 3 and 4’s

If they retro I would guess that they will use the visible air since they already have the molds available. I'm ok with it if it means they will finally retro them. I obviously prefer the og but I'll take whatever they would give us at this point.

It’s the same mold just with a hole cut in the midsole to expose the air so there is no reason we shouldn’t see a correct retro just hope they don’t do some limited hyped up drop

It’s the same mold just with a hole cut in the midsole to expose the air so there is no reason we shouldn’t see a correct retro just hope they don’t do some limited hyped up drop

I know but I am assuming because they have made the II mold so frequently that’s what they will be using. Joe mentioned a while back that Nike doesn’t have the tooling in place for it so it would have to be with visible air. I’ll be surprised otherwise.

Is everyone purchasing at first chance or hoping for a disco? Lol Think I know the answer
Sartorial just posted more Agassi pics on his Instagram but wearing the 2 3 and 4’s
First chance, not waiting for any discount.

At 1st chance! Not worth waiting for a discount.

Last edited:
I know but I am assuming because they have made the II mold so frequently that’s what they will be using. Joe mentioned a while back that Nike doesn’t have the tooling in place for it so it would have to be with visible air. I’ll be surprised otherwise.

Sounds like a major cop out but yea I’m with you we’ve seen what they have done with the AM 96, Tech Huarache, air assault but If they don’t have enough confidence in the shoe at retail to do it proper then they’d be much better off just doing a Tech II low and not doing a 1. Sounds to me like it’s more of a what will retailers accept issue than a tooling issue. With that said though I have confidence in Nike that they will do this shoe without visible air

Sounds like a major cop out but yea I’m with you we’ve seen what they have done with the AM 96, Tech Huarache, air assault but If they don’t have enough confidence in the shoe at retail to do it proper then they’d be much better off just doing a Tech II low and not doing a 1. Sounds to me like it’s more of a what will retailers accept issue than a tooling issue. With that said though I have confidence in Nike that they will do this shoe without visible air

I wouldn’t want them to do a low, especially if they make it like that IV low that sat on Finishline. I never understood why we only got that release but the actual IV’s only released overseas. Retailers would definitely know better as to which shoe would sell yet that’s what we got. I hope that if they actually retro the shoe that they do the 3/4. But let’s see if they actually retro it. As of right now we are just speculating because it’s the 30th anniversary of it’s release. I was skeptical that Nike would say that it could be a tooling issue as well but that’s what he mentioned on here a long time ago but who knows. I am just assuming since they made the II’s recently that we would get the visible air instead.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t want them to do a low, especially if they make it like that IV low that sat on Finishline. I never understood why we only got that release but the actual IV’s only released overseas. Retailers would definitely know better as to which shoe would sell yet that’s what we got. I hope that if they actually retro the shoe that they do the 3/4. But let’s see if they actually retro it. As of right now we are just speculating because it’s the 30th anniversary of it’s release. I was skeptical that Nike would say that it could be a tooling issue as well but that’s what he mentioned on here a long time ago but who knows. I am just assuming since they made the II’s recently that we would get the visible air instead.

You'd be surprised. The Tech III back in 2006 really soured retailers on the Tech Challenge line, it sold horrifically. By the time the Tech II rolled around not a lot of stores carried them only for the tech II to also be deeply discounted -I can't even remember how many pairs of 08 Lava's I bought for 20-40 bucks, was great for us but not for the shoes name which is why if the Tech 1 drops its go time at retail. On a side note I think the tech II low is mandatory of course after a proper 1 retro. Would gladly take a set of both of these

zzzzzivlow.png

8051f245b8326eb12d087c8046ec4784de58a777.png

15ff6fe69695abe1d0aba3d911afef7b6668877a.jpeg

On a side note Ive been pushing for all these shoes to come back since 2011 (For whatever reason during the Niketalk transition it never transferred over to Niketalk)

Here is the original link https://sneakertalk.com/official-thread-retro-the-nike-tech-challenge-i-ii-t314047.html

Mods if you need me to take down this link let me know or feel free to send me the original post I made back in 2011

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 8
You'd be surprised. The Tech III back in 2006 really soured retailers on the Tech Challenge line, it sold horrifically. By the time the Tech II rolled around not a lot of stores carried them only for the tech II to also be deeply discounted -I can't even remember how many pairs of 08 Lava's I bought for 20-40 bucks, was great for us but not for the shoes name which is why if the Tech 1 drops its go time at retail. On a side note I think the tech II low is mandatory of course after a proper 1 retro. Would gladly take a set of both of these

zzzzzivlow.png

On a side note Ive been pushing for all these shoes to come back since 2011 (For whatever reason during the Niketalk transition it never transferred over to Niketalk)

Here is the original link https://sneakertalk.com/official-thread-retro-the-nike-tech-challenge-i-ii-t314047.html

Mods if you need me to take down this link let me know or feel free to send me the original post I made back in 2011

A big reason those III’s in 2006 were not well received was because it was sonic yellow instead of volt and the burning ball logo was not present. I bought two pairs of them despite the horrible job they did on them. Nike did right by the volt pair in 2015. I don’t know how they could have expected those previous pairs to sell. Same thing with the white and gray pair of IV lows which were awful. Those went on sale for about $40 too. The reality is unless they make most of these super limited or low quantity they will all hit discount. The last couple of II releases were only released overseas in very limited quantities and sold quickly. That might make people want to purchase quickly next time around. Either way I would purchase them on release day. Some of the low 1’s are ok but my preference is the 3/4, especially since Andre played in them. I like they way they look better overall. Nike could release them in limited quantities like the rebel pack if they wanted to as well.

Last edited:
A big reason those III’s in 2006 were not well received was because it was sonic yellow instead of volt and the burning ball logo was not present. I bought two pairs of them despite the horrible job they did on them. Nike did right by the volt pair in 2015. I don’t know how they could have expected those previous pairs to sell. Same thing with the white and gray pair of IV lows which were awful. Those went on sale for about $40 too. The reality is unless they make most of these super limited they will all hit discount. The last couple of II releases were only released overseas in very limited quantities and sold quickly. That might make people want to purchase quickly next time around. Either way I would purchase them on release day. Some of the low 1’s are ok but my preference is the 3/4, especially since Andre played in them. I like they way they look better overall.

You know that, I know that and all the guys in this thread know that but a lot of the buyers from those days didn't. A lot of people in the footwear industry both on the brand side and retail side aren't that die hard or knowledgeable and so that's why we get retro's like that. You couldn't imagine the ideas I've been told by employees at the brand of what they've wanted to do to classic shoes because they didn't believe they would sell in OG form, its mind boggling.

when I wore 3's from 1990 in 2002-2006 nobody knew what they were, I nearly almost always got questioned about them too.

You know that, I know that and all the guys in this thread know that but a lot of the buyers from those days didn't. A lot of people in the footwear industry both on the brand side and retail side aren't that die hard or knowledgeable and so that's why we get retro's like that. You couldn't imagine the ideas I've been told by employees at the brand of what they've wanted to do to classic shoes because they didn't believe they would sell in OG form, its mind boggling.

It is a very small market they are targeting, especially with a lot of the younger generation now not being aware of the line. I’ve heard stories of their ideas and you don’t have to look any further how some of the idea have been clueless when you just see how they did almost the same hybrid release twice when both hit outlets for $40. It makes you wonder whoever makes some of the decisions on what to produce know any of the history behind it at all. We just keep saying just give us the real stuff. Even that clothing post that someone just share from nikestore has some very close designs to the lava polos yet it’s just random patterns thrown all over the place. You just look on ebay and see what people are willing to pay for an original so it doesn’t make sense why it’s so hard for them to just re-produce the original or a new version with better technology. It comes off as lazy or just not being in touch with the history behind it all. That brings me back to my original point as to why I think if they did retro the 1’s it would be with visible air. If that’s all they change then I can deal with that but no hybrid like shoe please.

OG 3's still wearable in 2002-2006?! :wow:

You still wear your 2006 pair? I thought I remember you saying you do sometimes. I have one pair left ds but no need to wear them considering how good the 2015 is. Yea I can’t imagine any og pair being wearable. My original Flares crumbled.

Last edited:

zzzzzivlow.png

I love mids, but if those II lows ever release, those would possibly be a daily wear for me for a long time

OG 3's still wearable in 2002-2006?! :wow:
yes, I bought them on fleabay in late 2001 or early 2002 from a seller called SmallEarthInc, it was actually pretty amazing to find them in what must have been true deadstock condition. I never played sports in them but I did do a lot of walking on concrete. The humidity must have been consistently low in the two apartments I lived in during those years cause it's all over the place in the spot I've been in since mid 2006 and decades old sneakers have disintegrated : - (

Air Alarms would be really cool actually, were they 1995 or 1996? I remember them being sought after but rare where I went to school. I also remember a pair of Shaqs that looked similar. Are there better pictures of this ATC 3?:

These are mine. I can put up some other shots. It’s got an indoor sole and non-visible air unit. Quite the trip. Only other place I’ve seen this is with The Tech Challenge Club.

Back
Top Bottom