🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

My 2008 pair...I'm ready for these again.

Agassiz's 002.jpg
Agassiz's 003.jpg
Agassiz's 007.jpg
Agassiz's 010.jpg

The pair I saw in Foot Locker very much not premium leather. Definitely GR synthetic, as per usual.

Ok interesting. I don’t have a 2016 pair since I had the 08 and 14’s so I won’t be able to compare but I will get the 2019 pair. It was annoying how people started charging $300 for the 2016 pair once they dried up.

I have a ds pair too and my other pair has held up great. You didn’t break them out yet?

The picture is literally from 2008 thus the Instyle Shoes & Crooked Tongues reference on the sticky. :lol: I don't believe I ever wore this pair and sold them around 2011 or so.

:lol: Don't make it sound like the entire thread hates him... I think it's just 05fordgt 05fordgt who has an 'issue' with him?

I won't lie, I'm an old-head and he lost me with his stupid "The decision" crap! Can't beat the teams so let's join them. He started the whole "superteam crap" via free agency. Had he just gone somewhere and not had an hour-long special on ESPN to announce it, AND stops flopping every single time he's touched, then maybe I would think different.

Plus I saw MJ play in his prime. He will NEVER be him. Doesn't have that "killer" inside him. Won't deny, he's an AMAZING athlete, but in the grand scheme of things, Jordan did more (win titles) with less (in terms of sheer strength, and size, etc).

These DS 2008 wearable :nerd:
FE83BAA7-10E6-40E7-B9B7-83B918802A19.jpeg

Also nike zoom courtposite that was never worn by the man himself :lol:

Attachments

• 6A8EC3B0-B2CC-4502-97A0-02D1836F2BB5.jpeg
    6A8EC3B0-B2CC-4502-97A0-02D1836F2BB5.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 17
I won't lie, I'm an old-head and he lost me with his stupid "The decision" crap! Can't beat the teams so let's join them. He started the whole "superteam crap" via free agency. Had he just gone somewhere and not had an hour-long special on ESPN to announce it, AND stops flopping every single time he's touched, then maybe I would think different.

Plus I saw MJ play in his prime. He will NEVER be him. Doesn't have that "killer" inside him. Won't deny, he's an AMAZING athlete, but in the grand scheme of things, Jordan did more (win titles) with less (in terms of sheer strength, and size, etc).

Preach. I feel the same way man.

When it comes to the shoes I never understood why people don’t wear them unless it’s a really old pair that is going to crumble. What holds me back on wearing the shirt is that I know I’ll never find it again brand new with tags and it will pill as soon as I wash it. But yes I am very tempted to just wear it. I don’t trust my hand washinng skills lol.

Last edited:
Then wear it but don’t sweat in it so you don’t have to wash it lol

That’s why I would have to wear an undershirt. I guess I just keep hoping Nike will make a retro of it with today’s tech instead. I washed a brand new 92 US Open shirt once and the colors leaked to the white part of the shirt.

This whole idea of wearing shirts but not washing them is gross. Making me gag just thinking about what your rooms must smell like.

You can wash it...just like you can wash M&N jerseys made from various materials.

Hand wash in warm water (with a little detergent) then hang dry it or dry it in the machine on delicate. Or...

To dry stuff like this - I'll put a clean towel on the ground, put the shirt on top and put another towel on top of the shirt...
like a sandwich...then carefully step on it to get most of the water out...it will leave a wet shadow in the towels...
and the shirt will be mostly dry at that point...then just let it dry off to completion on its own...

I think it's the dryer that makes the shirt pill up.

I would say hang-drying risks stretching out and deforming the shirt?
Lay flat to dry perhaps?

Or how about that Dryel stuff?

Ya, lay flat after you get the extra water out first with that towel method I described.

And after it drys - spray some water from a water bottle on it...an old trick I was taught - it helps prevent wrinkling and helps keep the original shape.

I don't like to hang a shirt (like a M&N jersey) that I want to keep for a long time...keep em folded in a drawer
hanging will stretch the collar & shoulders over time...the heavier the shirt...the more it will stretch

I would say hang-drying risks stretching out and deforming the shirt?
Lay flat to dry perhaps?

Or how about that Dryel stuff?

Hang the shirt with clip hangers, upside down. This avoids the dreaded angel wings near the shoulders. do it all the time, works great.

Back
Top Bottom