🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

They should release some of the other og colorways for the atc 2 instead of lava again imo. Or even bring back the limited edition og colorway with premium materials.

They need to make these happen if they're bringing back the 2
3.PNG

e.PNG

Borg was like the Babe Ruth (or later Michael Jordan) of tennis back when I and some yall were kids!

I liked Becker after that.
Edberg was too good. :lol: Like a tennis robot. Always routed against him.

I watched that match live on USA! This was on the 2nd Thursday as I had gone the Thursday prior to the Open (I live outside of Philly and I always went to the Open on the 1st Thursday. Only a 2.5 hour drive up). I was on the edge of my seat as Corretja was really playing well and I didn't want to see Agassi get upset that early! But when Andre did the over the shoulder shot, holy crap!!!! The place went bonkers!!! I so hope Nike does something about bringing back the LWPs!!!

And a very Happy Birthday to our man!! Thank you Andre for being who you are. Seeing you play in 88 and 89 in the demin shorts and then the Hot Lava kit and ATC IIs, showed me that tennis wasn't all white shirts and stuffy rich country club attitudes. It showed me as a 13 year old kid that anyone can play. So I got my mom to get me my 1st racquet (a MacGregor from Clover Dept store). I then proceeded to hit again the side of my parents garage (concrete wall on to a stone driveway (that led to the back yard) while I was standing in grass. It helped me with my hand-eye and got decent (though I did break a window by hitting over the garage (it was a detached garage) and it hit the glass storm window that was at the kitchen. Dad wasn't amused). That started my love for the sport, me being a HUGE Agassi fan and a fan of Nike tennis. I still play today as I picked my racquets back up after a LONG delay and got a great deal one a pre-owned Lobster. Figured it was a good way to stay in shape. Now it's getting nice out, time to get back on the courts. Thanks Andre, happy birthday!!!

Last edited:
14's. No, didn't get the 16's... didn't like the grey lace loops. I still have a DS pair of 08's, but prolly not safe to wear. Keep em around for if I ever get a chance to get them autographed.

I didn't get the 16's because of the grey eyelets too but then I regretted it. I think you'll be fine wearing the 08's. I still wear my pair to play tennis in and they are rock solid. I have a ds 08 pair as well and if they didn't retro the lavas anytime soon i would wear those. But looks like a retro is coming, assuming the lava pair Andre just posted gets released I'll get them and won't regret not getting the 16's, especially since they got rid of the grey eyelets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom