🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

The_SPS The_SPS posted that. Is that his account?

That is my page to share history thru current. I want to bridge the gap between then and the hype-era.
Is it your collection?

Yes. Everything thus far is my personal collection. I am working on other contributors down the line. It’s a challenge court heavy collection with a few J’s Trainers, SB and other oddities. I’m no one special though. Just a guy with a few shoes.

Reactions: ARK
Do you guys know where I could get the Nike Bruins McFly edition? I looked at most shoes websites but no luck. I’m also looking for a pair of the ATC III aka ‘White Ice’ in size 10 or 10.5 if you guys are willing to sell.

Was watching something on Igor Vovkovinsky, who is 7'8" and still growing in height & weight.
He was 6' at age 6. One of his old photos caught my attention...

Untitled.png

this is him from a few years ago...
20120422_kkt_bs2_473_crop_exact.jpg

Untitled3.png

Well, I've been trying to post these pics for a few days but realized they were just too big. I just got this in the mail from eBay. With the 25 year anniversary of the Radical 260, I really thought to buy the new release, but after reading, the retro is just that, a retro, NOT a copy of the original. Not the same materials at all!!

Sooo, I went to the Bay and did some searching. Found this beauty on there for less than $90 shipped!! It came in a week ago, and after a little polishing with some Meguiar's M80 auto polish (it removed ALL the marks on the yellow) this thing is near mint!! Only a few small scratches just below the bumper guard! I'll take it!! From what I learned, it's the real deal, just listed a the "Tour 260" with Trisys below the name. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I'd love to know the difference. But it's Austrian made, with IDS! Came strung at 55 (not high enough but I'll keep it till spring & get new string).

So I hit with it today with my Lobster Elite Grand V I also picked up used (this machine is AWESOME). What a cannon!! This brought back so many memories as I hit with this back in the day!! Never owned one, but demo'ed one many times from Sports Authority while on the HS team (93-95). Definitely a keeper and NOT a shelf queen. Its going to be used. I have a TT Radical "Zebra" on it's way in a day or two. Next up, LM Radical and then Ti Radical! Hope you all like the pics!!!

IMG_20181018_165941.jpg
IMG_20181018_165947.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I've been trying to post these pics for a few days but realized they were just too big. I just got this in the mail from eBay. With the 25 year anniversary of the Radical 260, I really thought to buy the new release, but after reading, the retro is just that, a retro, NOT a copy of the original. Not the same materials at all!!

Sooo, I went to the Bay and did some searching. Found this beauty on there for less than $90 shipped!! It came in a week ago, and after a little polishing with some Meguiar's M80 auto polish (it removed ALL the marks on the yellow) this thing is near mint!! Only a few small scratches just below the bumper guard! I'll take it!! From what I learned, it's the real deal, just listed a the "Tour 260" with Trisys below the name. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I'd love to know the difference. But it's Austrian made, with IDS! Came strung at 55 (not high enough but I'll keep it till spring & get new string).

So I hit with it today with my Lobster Elite Grand V I also picked up used (this machine is AWESOME). What a cannon!! This brought back so many memories as I hit with this back in the day!! Never owned one, but demo'ed one many times from Sports Authority while on the HS team (93-95). Definitely a keeper and NOT a shelf queen. Its going to be used. I have a TT Radical "Zebra" on it's way in a day or two. Next up, LM Radical and then Ti Radical! Hope you all like the pics!!!

IMG_20181018_165941.jpg
IMG_20181018_165947.jpg
Great pickup! I have the one with says Trisys 260 on one side and have the Made in China version as well. Looks like it needs a rubber band! Haha Also what grip size is that? Looks fairly small/skinny.

IMG_20181018_165941.jpg
IMG_20181018_165947.jpg

Interesting it looks similar to mine but I don’t have the extra writing on the one side and I don’t have the IDS logo. Anyway to find out the date the racquet was made?

F1EF88E1-F485-4361-AA50-D3C1B1DB39B9.jpeg

AF076EAA-590F-499F-BEBA-A3CB04E4FF52.jpeg

3181920C-D3FB-4B47-91A0-BE5B83E4D3B1.jpeg

Great pickup! I have the one with says Trisys 260 on one side and have the Made in China version as well. Looks like it needs a rubber band! Haha Also what grip size is that? Looks fairly small/skinny.

Thanks buddy. I'm super stoked with it. I wasntw sure what to expect but once I got it out of the box and cleaned it up a bit, WOW!!!

Yeah, the grip is small. I'm gonna keep it on like this till it's too cold to hit outside (I'm in the Philly burbs so we're running out of decent days weather wise). Truthfully, on my old Prince racquets, I would buy the Prince DuraRib replacement grip tape and actually put it over the current tape & not replace it. Made it nice and thick and great to grip onto for more control. This is probably a 4 1/4. I'll work on it soon.

Oh and the dampener I got, was just temporary. Hate the sound a racquet makes without one. I usually have the shock buster from Gamma. Just didn't have an open one floating aeouar, but I had this. Funny about the rubber band. I used to do that on the tennis team. Wasn't very effective though, hence I got the shock buster. Much better and deadened the sound A TON!!!

Interesting it looks similar to mine but I don’t have the extra writing on the one side and I don’t have the IDS logo. Anyway to find out the date the racquet was made?

Hey Ark, I heard on Tennis Talk that there is dates on the palates unnde the grip tape. Also some different colors are used based on year. This one I got is definitely mid 90s. I LOVED hitting with it.

Hey Ark, I heard on Tennis Talk that there is dates on the palates unnde the grip tape. Also some different colors are used based on year. This one I got is definitely mid 90s. I LOVED hitting with it.

My racquet was restrung with new and they put a new grip on it before they listed it for sale. I don’t think it’s worth me taking it off to check at this point since it’s brand new.

I did notice Agassi’s racquet had more strings instead of 18/19. Was his custom?

Yeah, Agassi (as did a lot of other pros) definitely had custom drill patterns. He even went as dense as 20x21 for a while, but also used 18x19 of course.

Last edited:

That’s the one that I have. The Made in China one is the recent one I got. Same mold but a little lighter. Blacked out my POG 107 Tour a few months ago. Going to look sick with Solinco Hyper-G strings. :D

Thanks buddy. I'm super stoked with it. I wasntw sure what to expect but once I got it out of the box and cleaned it up a bit, WOW!!!

Yeah, the grip is small. I'm gonna keep it on like this till it's too cold to hit outside (I'm in the Philly burbs so we're running out of decent days weather wise). Truthfully, on my old Prince racquets, I would buy the Prince DuraRib replacement grip tape and actually put it over the current tape & not replace it. Made it nice and thick and great to grip onto for more control. This is probably a 4 1/4. I'll work on it soon.

Oh and the dampener I got, was just temporary. Hate the sound a racquet makes without one. I usually have the shock buster from Gamma. Just didn't have an open one floating aeouar, but I had this. Funny about the rubber band. I used to do that on the tennis team. Wasn't very effective though, hence I got the shock buster. Much better and deadened the sound A TON!!!
I see. Yeah it’s a great racquet and one of the ‘holy grails’ so to speak. My Made in China one is 4 1/4 as well when I got it but it came with a leather grip installed. Had to double up the grip by putting two overgrips under the leather. Feels much better now. I haven’t use a normal dampener in like 3 years. Forgot how it feels like. Haha

That’s the one that I have. The Made in China one is the recent one I got. Same mold but a little lighter. Blacked out my POG 107 Tour a few months ago. Going to look sick with Solinco Hyper-G strings. :D

The China modis version is not the same mold just same paint job. Apparently it is a Ti mold. They are completely different racquets unfortunately. They made the China model in 2006 and now the latest retro which are not even close to the original mold. Really disappointing.

The China modis version is not the same mold just same paint job. Apparently it is a Ti mold. They are completely different racquets unfortunately. They made the China model in 2006 and now the latest retro which are not even close to the original mold. Really disappointing.
I don’t have the ‘06 model. Mine says TK59 on the bumper/grommets. Isn’t that the bumper/grommets to the Trisys 260?

Back
Top Bottom