🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

im so happy that theyre retroing air tech challenges u folks dont understand 
roll.gif

With the piss poor shape and the changed midsole, these don't even look like the same shoe.
Sole swap isn't that big of a deal considering, and I'm sure I sound like a broken record reminding everyone of this, that this Air Challenge Huarache with the 3/4 midsole was a PE version of the sure that the likes of McEnroe wore. I will however not comment on the shape. The toe looks pointy rather than smooth like the original. All and all, I will probably cop once the other colors are released (like the OG black/white/yellow).

I'd also say that the photos on end clothing look better IMO.

Last edited:
They look like they aren't made for people with big feet such as myself. Not gonna stop me from coppin tour yellows tho. Will be nice

Last edited:
I cannot get over the shape of these huaraches. I cant even focus on the colorways. All I see is a poorly done shoe
so true....i played tennis in the OGs back in the days...was really excited about these to retro....and now they look like THIS???

just poor! andre cant be happy with this crap! -.-

Sadly, I doubt Andre will notice the differences.  He'll probably end up wearing them in some exhibition.. thus "legitimizing" them. 
eyes.gif

OG ATC 3/4 Ginger with a very strange huarache midsole, probably a very rare PE i think

The OG midsole looks way better imo, the huarache midsole dont fits the silhouette of the upper and makes them look weird
indifferent.gif

I thought it was an ultra rare find so i shared it here with my fellow ATC lovers
smokin.gif
hopefully you guys will like it
wink.gif

Last edited:
^ Good find!  Those are full-herringbone pattern, clay-court outsoles.  Andre wore those in 1992... probably, at least, for the tourney in Atlanta, which was played on Har-Tru (green clay).

Presumably it was the midsole for him to test-out?  He wore the ATC III's during the 1st half of 1992 (for the French Open too), but would eventually switch to the Air Challenge Huaraches later in 1992 for Wimbledon & the USO. 

Last edited:
Sadly, I doubt Andre will notice the differences.  He'll probably end up wearing them in some exhibition.. thus "legitimizing" them. :rolleyes

I would be surprised if he comes out wearing retros. I would think that either Nike would come up with a new design or he will wear a pair like the vapors in the meantime.

I would be surprised if he comes out wearing retros. I would think that either Nike would come up with a new design or he will wear a pair like the vapors in the meantime.
Honestly, were these that good to play tennis in? I mean the technology has come so far from when Agassi started off with shoes like the Air Trainer 1 (which weren't truly dedicated tennis shoes) to shoes like the Vapor 9, I'm not totally sure why he would want to play in any of the retros. I'd also like to say that even though these arent a proper retro of the ACH, I still think they are a very nice looking shoe. Some new photos of the other CW....

They also look a lot better than in some of the earlier versions seen in photos.

Back
Top Bottom