Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
And on top of all that, IMO Sails still go hard af with more SBB leather than SBBs themselves and are dope af. Possibly the best "quality" OG 1 to ever release. There! Guess you hate that so let your head commence to explode, hatin *** dude.

Last edited:
And on top of all that, IMO Sails still go hard af with more SBB leather than SBBs themselves and are dope af. Possibly the best "quality" OG 1 to ever release. There! Guess you hate that so let your head commence to explode, hatin *** dude.

triggered

Enjoy your kicks, dude.

May cop a pair of Off-Whites, if resell is over $600 I may cop to get some SBBs or another pair of Breds (don't care what year maybe '01 or '16) and ASGs.

:smokin

hell yes. Not sure why, but i never had all white socks growing up. Always had some stripes on them

I can't agree with that best quality OG 1 ever comment. Imo SBBs are still a lil better in quality but sails are cool.

I been on the sail train the whole time, I think its one of the best JB releases this summer and I was actually more excited about getting them in than I was metallic reds.

It still has yet to be determined whether or not we will get a US release but I'm glad those who wanted them got them.

Still wish I could've gotten in on that SNS price but whatever.

Anyone here ball in your AJ1 high's? I saw a dude walk on the in door court thinking he was gonna play in them but he used them for warm up and then swapped out for some other pair

I can't agree with that best quality OG 1 ever comment. Imo SBBs are still a lil better in quality but sails are cool.

I been on the sail train the whole time, I think its one of the best JB releases this summer and I was actually more excited about getting them in than I was metallic reds.

It still has yet to be determined whether or not we will get a US release but I'm glad those who wanted them got them.

Still wish I could've gotten in on that SNS price but whatever.

I only said that because sails continued where SBBs stopped with the soft tumbled leather on the panels that are black on the SBBs. So that means technically sails has even more of the "good stuff" than SBBs do. I also said possibly. Plus I was just trying to make dude head explode since he hates em so much.

Believe it or not a lot of the times I can care less about percieved "quality". I just like dope shoes with dope cws. But for those that are sticklers for leather quality above all else, I don't see how you they'd be able to turn their nose at sails. They're butter as hell. No question.

Last edited:

Didn't have enough time to talk to this dude about his black toes. Caught my eye because of black tongue and they were old as ****. Said his brother used to work at Nike a while back and gave him those shoes. Threw them in his garage, recently found them and just randomly decided to wear them.
:pimp: dope

For the record Sails have not one piece of plastic on them (not to piss anyone off). I believe synthetic leather is the word you're looking for. And that's only on the collar and swoosh which like you said, is true for most 1s, even OG cws.

Edit: just checked and the swoosh is actually leather on my pair.

What do you think "Synthetic Leather" is? It's the consumer friendly industry term for plastic... Whether it be vinyl, PVC, Plastic... it's all man mad polymers. Synthetic Leather is not real Leather, it's a type of plastic. I've had to post this way too many times in this thread.

Haven't seen the Sails or Triple blacks in person yet to see how materials are, but others have said the collar and swoosh were not real leather, and given how much JB has cheaped out on most non OG colorways, I would assume these are the same in the swoosh and collar.

What do you think "Synthetic Leather" is? It's the consumer friendly industry term for plastic... Whether it be vinyl, PVC, Plastic... it's all man mad polymers. Synthetic Leather is not real Leather, it's a type of plastic. I've had to post this way too many times in this thread.

Haven't seen the Sails or Triple blacks in person yet to see how materials are, but others have said the collar and swoosh were not real leather, and given how much JB has cheaped out on most non OG colorways, I would assume these are the same in the swoosh and collar.

This :lol: :smh:

...anyway, I need to pick up the Sails but wish the NA tag wasn't red.

Last edited:
Other than the swoosh and collar, the sails make use of split leather which Nike has been using lately. Good quality by Nike standards but it's not full grain and it's not synthetic either.

Anyone here ball in your AJ1 high's? I saw a dude walk on the in door court thinking he was gonna play in them but he used them for warm up and then swapped out for some other pair

I played a few games in B/Reds a few years ago but needed to switch into some LeBrons cuz my feet were sweating so bad

Back
Top Bottom