Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
If wiping them off with a damp cloth and keeping it moving does the trick, then I'm cool with that. And if it comes back, and I can just wipe them off again, so be it.

I don't think the majority of this forum will allow that kind of calm and sensible reaction. You're supposed to have a massive meltdown, question the sneaker gods, contemplate liquidating those glittered pairs for pennies on the dollar because they're clearly ruined, and you can never ever ever consider wearing those shoes with glitter because you and/or other people might question your sexuality. /s

speaking of glitter, wiped down my breds and applied some leather honey. this is good stuff @theltrain

20180120_212539.jpg

20180120_211803.jpg

compared to the ashy larry right shoe

20180120_212134.jpg

20180120_212304.jpg
THat looks good. Was that your first time applying? I want to try it out for the black leather on my Breds and royals.

THat looks good. Was that your first time applying? I want to try it out for the black leather on my Breds and royals.

yeah first time. pretty happy with how it turned out.

Smart man. The glitter will come back though.
yeah, either way it's a big improvement over how dry the black leather was. have you needed to reapply?

curious how long it lasts. that bottle seems like it'll last forever though.

yeah first time. pretty happy with how it turned out.

yeah, either way it's a big improvement over how dry the black leather was. have you needed to reapply?

curious how long it lasts. that bottle seems like it'll last forever though.
I’ve only done one application and don’t think it’ll be needed for awhile. The bottle will last a loooong time.

Jb gotta fix this glitter issue no damn point in it

I haven’t opened the box to my Barons since I got them in Spring 2014 on release day. I’m honestly afraid to open the box now because I know those kicks, although technically DS, are going to look like they were used in a head and shoulders commercial. Best to leave them in the back of my closet until I have to face reality with that pair. Hopefully they won’t have to go straight to the dumpster by the time I actually finally open them (probably 5-10 years from now).

I haven’t opened the box to my Barons since I got them in Spring 2014 on release day. I’m honestly afraid to open the box now because I know those kicks, although technically DS, are going to look like they were used in a head and shoulders commercial. Best to leave them in the back of my closet until I have to face reality with that pair. Hopefully they won’t have to go straight to the dumpster by the time I actually finally open them (probably 5-10 years from now).

Don't keep them in the box in the back of a closet, especially a walk-in closet near a shower/bathroom, and you'll reduce the chances of it happening. Or buy a dehumidifier.

DM me location of dumpster when it happens

Well damn.

These could end up beating out black toes for every one's avg favorite release from this run.

Nice thicc real leather around the toe. These should break in extremely well.

Well damn.

These could end up beating out black toes for every one's avg favorite release from this run.

Nice thicc real leather around the toe. These should break in extremely well.
Yeah... excited. That toe cap is thicc.

I'm going half size down from my size in breds and royals. Kind of tired of the extra toe room, I like to lace my 1's up and break em in nice.

Don't keep them in the box in the back of a closet, especially a walk-in closet near a shower/bathroom, and you'll reduce the chances of it happening. Or buy a dehumidifier.

Seeing how I’ve already done this for almost 4 years, I think a lot of the damage is already done.

Decided to order some leather honey from amazon... for the people that have used it, 2 questions - how does the leather feel afterwards? And you on apply to the black parts of the shoes?

Decided to order some leather honey from amazon... for the people that have used it, 2 questions - how does the leather feel afterwards? And you on apply to the black parts of the shoes?
Yep only the black parts is needed- you might discolor the red possibly.
It’s supposed to stay on overnights and requires a little elbow grease to come off, but it feels soft and looks great after.

Yep only the black parts is needed- you might discolor the red possibly.
It’s supposed to stay on overnights and requires a little elbow grease to come off, but it feels soft and looks great after.

Awesome... thanks for the reply...

When applying - did you put it on a cloth and then just work into the shoe that way?

Can't wait to use this on my breds... pulled them out the other day and they looked ashy as well even after wiping them off with a damp cloth...

Back
Top Bottom