• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
These are a f&f exclusive lol don't even bother
Are these indeed a F&F exclusive? Either way, I’m only interested if these happen to be a Black Toe with Black Tongue Yellow Variant, and even then I think I might be passing. If it’s another “Color” Toe, I’m definitely passing. As much as I love 1s, I’d be lying if I didn’t think it’s becoming a little overkill with this blocking.

Are these indeed a F&F exclusive? Either way, I’m only interested if these happen to be a Black Toe with Black Tongue Yellow Variant, and even then I think I might be passing. If it’s another “Color” Toe, I’m definitely passing. As much as I love 1s, I’d be lying if I didn’t think it’s becoming a little overkill with this blocking.

Yeah I remember seeing info about them back in July as an F&F pair and being hype and then immediately let down by the fact that they were a F&F exclusive. So don't get your hopes up anyone.

They're also a sbb styled

Union x Air Jordan 1 Retro High NRG
Color: White/Storm Blue-Varsity Red
Style Code: BV1300-146
Price: $190
Union-Air-Jordan-1-BV1300-146-Release-Date-5.jpg

Union-Air-Jordan-1-BV1300-146-Release-Date.jpg

Union-Air-Jordan-1-BV1300-146-Release-Date-2.jpg

Union-Air-Jordan-1-BV1300-146-Release-Date-1.jpg

Union-Air-Jordan-1-BV1300-146-Release-Date-3.jpg

Union-Air-Jordan-1-BV1300-146-Release-Date-4.jpg

Union-Air-Jordan-1-BV1300-146-Release-Date-6.jpg

Union-Air-Jordan-1-BV1300-146-Release-Date-8.jpg

NT exclusive :nerd:

j.jpg

THE INSPIRATION

THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THE UNION AND JORDAN COLLECTION WAS REALLY “WHAT WOULD I WANT FROM JORDAN”? IN PARTICULAR I REALLY WANTED TO MAKE APPAREL AS, I FIND TOO OFTEN PEOPLE ONLY DO SHOEʼS WHEN THEY DO COLLABORATIONS LIKE THIS, BUT I FELT LIKE THIS REALLY ONLY ALLOWS ONE TO TELL HALF THE STORY AND I WANTED TO TELL THE WHOLE STORY. FURTHERMORE, I KNOW THAT BRAND JORDAN IS FIRST AND FOREMOST A SPORTS APPAREL AND FOOTWEAR COMPANY AND THEY ARE THE BEST AT THAT. BUT I FEEL LIKE THERE IS AN UNDER CURRENT, AT LEAST IN “STREETWEAR” OF PEOPLE WHO WEAR BRAND JORDAN OUTSIDE OF ITʼS INTENDED PURPOSE. MORE AS A FASHION STATEMENT AND LESS AS THE UTILITARIAN PURPOSE. ITʼS THIS SPACE THAT THE UNION COLLABORATION IS INTENDED TO OCCUPY.

IN PARTICULAR, ITʼS MY OPINION THE THERE IS AN INDELIBLE COOL. THERE ARE CERTAIN, LOOKS, DESIGNS, PRODUCTS THAT I CONSIDER TO BE TIMELESS. THE JORDAN I IN PARTICULAR IS ONE OF THE ALL TIME CLASSIC SHOE DESIGNS SO WE STARTED WITH THAT. FROM THERE WE TRIED TO THINK OF THE ULTIMATE EFFORTLESS COOL AND JUST FELT LIKE VINTAGE NEVER DIES. SO WE TRIED TO LOOK AT THE WHOLE COLLECTION THROUGH A VINTAGE LENS. WE CHOSE THE CLASSIC ICONOGRAPHY OF THE JORDAN BRAND AND MATCHED IT WITH UNION BRANDING AND THEN MADE IT LOOK WEATHERED AND WORN; VINTAGE.

WE RAN THE SNEAKER THROUGH THE SAME FILTER. WE WANTED THE SHOE TO LOOK LIKE “YOUR FAVORITE OLD PAIR OF SHOES” THAT YOU JUST CANʼT LET GO OF. WE STARTED BY GIVING THEM A VINTAGE LOOK BY YELLOWING THE SOLE AND THE LEATHER. WE THEN TOOK IT A STEP FURTHER AND STITCHED DIFFERENT UPPPERS AND LOWERS FROM DIFFERENT COLOR WAYS OF THE JORDAN IʼS TO MAKE IT LOOK AS THOUGH SOME KID MIGHT HAVE FIXED AND RESTITCHED THE SHOES THROUGHOUT THE YEARS…

FOR THE GEAR, INSTEAD OF FIXATING ON ONE YEAR, I JUST THOUGHT OF THE EARLY YEARS OF JORDAN AND TRIED TO IMAGINE IF I HAD FOUND SOME OLD VINTAGE JORDAN GEAR AT THE ROSE BOWL OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, HOW EXCITED I WOULD BE TO FIND A PERFECTLY PATINAʼD T-SHIRT OR SWEATSHIRT! WE GAVE EVERYTHING A HEAVY WASH TREATMENT TO “PATINA” THE FABRIC AS WELL AS THE GRAPHICS…

I FEEL LIKE THE WHOLE CAPSULE LOOKS AND FEELS TIMELESS AND THAT WAS WHAT WE WERE GOING FOR. EVERYTHING IS PRETTY TRUE TO SIZE, EXCEPT FOR THE SWEATPANTS WHICH ARE OVERSIZED. BUT WE DID PLAY WITH THE SILHOUETTES TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING HAD A NATURAL “DRAPE” TO IT….

HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

CHRIS GIBBS

Apparel can be seen in the official thread

https://niketalk.com/threads/air-jordan-1-x-union-la-thread.676642/page-3#post-30783897

Last edited:
So blacktoes are the same color blocking as SBB?
Funny. You know what I mean. The Blk/Red “Bred” Toe, Green Toe, and Purple Toe all have the same color blocking as the SBB. I don’t include the Black Toe in the “Color” Toe group, as the BT has a unique blocking (white toe with black toe overlay, and white tongue).

Yeah I remember seeing info about them back in July as an F&F pair and being hype and then immediately let down by the fact that they were a F&F exclusive. So don't get your hopes up anyone.

Awww. I remember these. Yeah, I remember it coming out immediately that these were a F&F pair. Since then I’ve not thought about them one bit. No need to start dwelling on them now.

is that the same pair though? the one posted earlier doesn't have the exclamation marks

So blacktoes are the same color blocking as SBB?

Black toes are black toes. For some reason, when the Bred toes were first leaked (and before Nike/JB announced them), they got referred to as "bred toes." That made absolutely no sense to me, only "Bred Toe-Boxes" made any sense. Then we got the other releases and now its just ****ed.

Ummm...SBB and “Color” Toe are the same color blocking.
Nah. Basically; Frags, Celtic DMPs, Igloos, Rust Pinks etc. share the og Black Toes color blocking... the recent BRed, Purple and Pine 1s have that of the og SBBs
Sure, the later actually have colored toes but is what it is
That said, fingers are crossed that we get a yellow BT :smile:

ever swapped laces out? i couldn't bring myself to like the change
Lace swapping is a no-go for me bro . My laces gotta match the tongue
I bet you we’re staring at your shoes more than your fiancé today Lol.
Hahaha , I was sweating it while we were carving pumpkins . Might bug her out and ask for two extra napkins at dinner so I can cover my kicks:lol:
i like styles p.
Yupp , can’t **** with the LOX ! D-Block !!

Nah. Basically; Frags, Celtic DMPs, Igloos, Rust Pinks etc. share the og Black Toes color blocking... the recent BRed, Purple and Pine 1s have that of the og SBBs
Sure, the later actually have colored toes but is what it is
That said, fingers are crossed that we get a yellow BT :smile:
Well technically the Celtic DMPs and Frags share the color blocking of the Black Toe w/ Black Tongue, which is a PE MJ wore but we’ve never gotten (well unless you include the Black Toe we got in the New Love/Old Love pack, which had the Jumpman on the heel). The Igloos and Rust Pinks share the color blocking of the OG Black Toe that actually released, which had a white tongue. You said “Yellow SBB or Yellow Toes.” A “Yellow SBB” would be a SBB but with the orange swapped with yellow. A “Yellow Toe,” just based on the way people have been referring to the Blk/Red Toes, Pines, and Purples, would just swap out the red, green, or purple on those respective pairs, for yellow, which in turn is the same color blocking as the SBB. Just going based on what you said.

At the end of the day though, I’m with you on a Yellow BT. Give me a black tongue, leave the toe white/sail like on the BT, and keep the yellow to the back/heel, outsole, and a hit on the tongue tag. If we got this, I’d consider going after.

All this talk and I just want another metallic release lol got my initial black toe fix(tongueswapped and everything) and sbb colorblocking fix. I need an OG to release. The unions look cool but depending on resell and availability they are still an easy skip.

might as well refer to frags, white tongue blk red, clays, art basels, celtics, barons, and basically any aj 1 that has a two different colors-one on the heel and one around the toe box, where the toe box is white as:

“white toes.” :lol:

however if a shoe has a distinct nick name
then it makes sense. the blk red white tongue jordan 1 known as black toes can be named white toes imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom