Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Anyone have a 5/17/17 manufacturing date on their Lemon Lime Gatorade 1? Trying to legit check my pair and it seems most that I’ve seen have a 7/5/17 manufacturing date. I bought mine from stadium goods and it also did not come with a towel. Thoughts on these? I appreciate the feedback.

upload_2019-4-18_18-15-6.jpeg

upload_2019-4-18_18-16-17.jpeg

upload_2019-4-18_18-16-34.jpeg

Anyone have a 5/17/17 manufacturing date on their Lemon Lime Gatorade 1? Trying to legit check my pair and it seems most that I’ve seen have a 7/5/17 manufacturing date. I bought mine from stadium goods and it also did not come with a towel. Thoughts on these? I appreciate the feedback.

This gs orange pair I have in front of me has the 7/5/17 date... bought from ndc

Iimes look legit tho

Looking at these (I haven't unDSed mine yet), I immediately also think of my Triple Blacks and Sails, and I ask, why don't more 1s use this type of leather? Like really? For those of us that have the Triple Blacks and/or Sails, we've mentioned how the leather seems both soft, yet good quality, and not plasticy at all. Clearly they can color this type/grade of leather, as it's used on all the Gatorades, TB, and Sails, but they tend to only use it on these monotone pairs.

Looking at these (I haven't unDSed mine yet), I immediately also think of my Triple Blacks and Sails, and I ask, why don't more 1s use this type of leather? Like really? For those of us that have the Triple Blacks and/or Sails, we've mentioned how the leather seems both soft, yet good quality, and not plasticy at all. Clearly they can color this type/grade of leather, as it's used on all the Gatorades, TB, and Sails, but they tend to only use it on these monotone pairs.

I agree. Sail leather is very supple all over.

I'd guess it has to do with them being lower quantities and all the same colored leather. Pairs with mixed colors probably get their leather from multiple sources, or at least different batches and dying processes. Which is why you see colored toes and heels being nicer leather than the black portions etc .

I agree. Sail leather is very supple all over.

I'd guess it has to do with them being lower quantities and all the same colored leather. Pairs with mixed colors probably get their leather from multiple sources, or at least different batches and dying processes. Which is why you see colored toes and heels being nicer leather than the black portions etc .
You're probably right. I would just love to see how one of the usual 1s would look if they used the same grade/type of leather that they use on the TBs, Sails, and Gatorades, but on all the different parts of the upper.

Random thought. We all have top 5's top 10's in our 1 collections but what are some of yall top 5 or top 10 least favorite from your 1 collection?

For me its:
1. The all-white Jordan 1 LA - the worse
2. Neutral Grey all suede - jumpman 1 with the old build so they kill my pinky toess and are boring
3. Letterman - not bad but not all the way dope
4. Sails - they're cool but boring
5. Triple Blacks - cooler but boring as well

I just am not too big a fan of solid colored 1's cuz I feel like it's just too much shoe to all be one color, I prefer some kind of color blocking. Cybers are dope cuz they have that white sole/outsole so it makes them stand out in a very nice way.

I was a bit taken back by the Crimson Tints at first but honestly they are pretty dope. The quality leaves something to be desired but as long as I've been in the sneaker game I noticed that JB always decides to cut corners from time to time.
I'm personally not into them, but I don't look at what they did as cutting corners. Just don't like the shade of pink/peach they decided to use, and not a fan of the look of the knuckle skin black leather.

Random thought. We all have top 5's top 10's in our 1 collections but what are some of yall top 5 or top 10 least favorite from your 1 collection?

For me its:
1. The all-white Jordan 1 LA - the worse
2. Neutral Grey all suede - jumpman 1 with the old build so they kill my pinky toess and are boring
3. Letterman - not bad but not all the way dope
4. Sails - they're cool but boring
5. Triple Blacks - cooler but boring as well

I just am not too big a fan of solid colored 1's cuz I feel like it's just too much shoe to all be one color, I prefer some kind of color blocking. Cybers are dope cuz they have that white sole/outsole so it makes them stand out in a very nice way.
I love all my 1s...
but, if I had to pick my least favorite 5, I'd say, in no particular order:
  • Triple Blacks
  • Sails
  • Turbo Greens
  • Blk/Red Toes
  • Fathers' Day (White, Black, Grey Tweed)
Again, I love all my 1s, but both the TBs and Sails are just boring in comparison to all my others, Turbo Greens are dope IMO but just aren't above my bottom 5, Blk/Red Toes are in the similar boat and just not at the level of the Blk/Reds or Chis IMO, and Fathers' Days are again just not outside of my bottom 5. All dope in their own way IMO, but my bottom 5.

I'm personally not into them, but I don't look at what they did as cutting corners. Just don't like the shade of pink/peach they decided to use, and not a fan of the look of the knuckle skin black leather.
I think the cutting corners is there from the leather quality perspective. They can mass produce and give us better than that.

Stadium Goods has more than once shipped me shoes with something original missing. The missing towel isn't an indicator of it being fake.

Limes are legit.

I don't have any 1s I don't like actually. Can't even name my 5 least favorites.
I agree. I don’t get kicks I don’t like. Just if I had to place them in a hierarchy, the 5 I picked would be the bottom of that hierarchy. I love all my ones, but some are definitely doper or I love them more than others.

Close, 13. A blessing for Jordan 1s, and a kick in the nuts for what seems like everything else

Damn bro I need them too, same size. I just grabbed bred toes, but need to get these purps before the price gets OD. I feel like they already been too high which is why i been pump faking. Your price was good though.

What’s the stockx discount code u mentioned?

Posted in the NFL thread but thought I'd post here since there's a lot of East Coast peeps in here:

East coasts fam, need help with places to eat and go to on my East Coast trip first week of June. Headed to the following in this order:

1. Harvard (Boston) - there for 2 days
2. Yale (CT) - half day
3. Columbia (NY) - 2 days
4. Princeton (NJ) - 2 days

Looking for a nice dinner spot (fancy) and some hole in the wall, local type of places for each city. And what should i do after the GGG fight in MSG on 6/8??

Have my mind set on Peter Luger's in NYC but i can be talked out of it if some think its overrated. Its a place I've always wanted to go to.

Not looking to go to clubs or anything since I'll have a 17 year old with us. Want to experience to local vibe more than anything else.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Posted in the NFL thread but thought I'd post here since there's a lot of East Coast peeps in here:

East coasts fam, need help with places to eat and go to on my East Coast trip first week of June. Headed to the following in this order:

2. Yale (CT) - half day

Looking for a nice dinner spot (fancy) and some hole in the wall, local type of places for each city. And what should i do after the GGG fight in MSG on 6/8??

Have my mind set on Peter Luger's in NYC but i can be talked out of it if some think its overrated. Its a place I've always wanted to go to.

Not looking to go to clubs or anything since I'll have a 17 year old with us. Want to experience to local vibe more than anything else.

That is a weird flex.

2. Yale (CT) - half day

Princeton - Do hoagie haven for sure. Halo Pub for ice cream/dessert. Triumph Brewery for beers and good locally sourced food. Fancy dinner theres a good amount of places to choose from. Pick a type of food and see what is around. Witherspoon grill is a good spot. All walkable places on Nassau across from the campus. Can discuss more princeton options if you want in PMs.

I'm sure others could give you places for their cities that are locals. Cant help much with NYC as most of my places are in Greenwich/SoHo area or midtown. Not up by washington heights very much but the campus and area is beautiful.

Sounds like you're doing the IVY league tour. Have fun.

Damn bro I need them too, same size. I just grabbed bred toes, but need to get these purps before the price gets OD. I feel like they already been too high which is why i been pump faking. Your price was good though.

What’s the stockx discount code u mentioned?

SNEAKERHEADSURVEY2019 took 5% off. It was only sent to select accounts, but it’s worth a shot.

casper90403 casper90403 - when you walk out of the main campus of Columbia (116th St), there's a couple things to do within a 3-5 minute walk. If you like Seinfeld, then you have Tom's Diner right there for a lunch/experience. Also, visit the Cathedral for some sightseeing just a block over... lastly, get a jumbo slice from Koronut on 110th. Good NY pizza (although not the best), but it's a popular spot to hit after a night out (at least you can experience the slice lol). Enjoy the Upper West Side!

2. Yale (CT) - half day

Your 17 year old sounds like a smart guy :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom