Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I honestly don’t think there’s Jordan 1 fatigue, but more so a fatigue of the same typeish colorways and/or hideous color blocking. We’ve got the red NFR, the upcoming non-NFR looking things, and now these new “Not Meant to Fly” joints. All black/red/white, which is redundant in itself, but also unflattering color blocking IMO. If JB stuck to classic color blocking (Chi, Blk/Red, Shadow, UNC, Metallic, and the now viewed highly SBB), but gave us different colors, I think we’d all be happy. Sure, they would also give us unique pairs from time to time like the Unions, Travis’, SBs, etc. It’s just all these bad made up pairs that seem to be coming back to back that are fk’n up how we feel about them.

I honestly don’t think there’s Jordan 1 fatigue, but more so a fatigue of the same typeish colorways and/or hideous color blocking. We’ve got the red NFR, the upcoming non-NFR looking things, and now these new “Not Meant to Fly” joints. All black/red/white, which is redundant in itself, but also unflattering color blocking IMO. If JB stuck to classic color blocking (Chi, Blk/Red, Shadow, UNC, Metallic, and the now viewed highly SBB), but gave us different colors, I think we’d all be happy. Sure, they would also give us unique pairs from time to time like the Unions, Travis’, SBs, etc. It’s just all these bad made up pairs that seem to be coming back to back that are fk’n up how we feel about them.

Personally, I been done since they stopped doing OG colorways of 1's. I doubled back for retro+ pairs in 18' I previously skipped but now that I've got all the 1's I deem worthy in my collection I'm back on track for my finite end to a sneaker collection. If no remastered OG colorways come out in 2020 than I'll cap it off with frags and call it done until further notice. Idgaf about Spidey's, Travs, Unions, OW, NFR, Nigels, LA2CHI, NY2PARIS, etc and the list goes on. I have the OG's and I'm good. I just know those "85" OG's ain't happening right. Not with the direction Nike is heading. What really irks me is the fact that they know what people want. Theres literally a metallic green mid out or coming out, The yellow toes were a mid, and the black/whites have been bastardized and tweaked as a base for 6 pairs and ongoing. Its mad weak but its cool I got a chance to get some old classics in the meantime while all the hype and resell is on 1s. Hare 7's coming in the mail, b/red 11s are a for sure cop, Fire Red 5's in 2020 and then I just gotta wait for a proper White Cement 3, White Infrared 6 and a Bugs Bunny 8 remaster. I'm not concerned with JB anymore when those hit the scene and I cop.

Looks like these Tron 1s are what we're getting instead of the Bred 1s for Black Friday this year. According to DJ Folk, those are looking like a 2020 release now.

Another pass on the way

Pics via ig
64609828_149461012895128_8241104661897587058_n.jpg

65093030_130856201450483_8218891042488800462_n.jpg

61506501_2390146964384825_3990184151143564493_n.jpg

65142484_143292600150590_5557176490530228329_n.jpg

These aren't bad... better than all the other crap that has been released this year, but red ain't my color.

I wonder how they determine what type of leather to use on each shoe since they keep alternating. looks like they're using sports illustrated/ROTY leather on those.

sheeesh since when did the La-Chi go up in price?!
its like $450 for my size now.
last time i check it was around 330ish....

sheeesh since when did the La-Chi go up in price?!
its like $450 for my size now.
last time i check it was around 330ish....
La Paris joints been rising too....I had a random size 8 and let em go yesterday cause prices went from 230 to 3 in like two days ....still holding a few pairs I got on discos.

Personally, I been done since they stopped doing OG colorways of 1's. I doubled back for retro+ pairs in 18' I previously skipped but now that I've got all the 1's I deem worthy in my collection I'm back on track for my finite end to a sneaker collection. If no remastered OG colorways come out in 2020 than I'll cap it off with frags and call it done until further notice. Idgaf about Spidey's, Travs, Unions, OW, NFR, Nigels, LA2CHI, NY2PARIS, etc and the list goes on. I have the OG's and I'm good. I just know those "85" OG's ain't happening right. Not with the direction Nike is heading. What really irks me is the fact that they know what people want. Theres literally a metallic green mid out or coming out, The yellow toes were a mid, and the black/whites have been bastardized and tweaked as a base for 6 pairs and ongoing. Its mad weak but its cool I got a chance to get some old classics in the meantime while all the hype and resell is on 1s. Hare 7's coming in the mail, b/red 11s are a for sure cop, Fire Red 5's in 2020 and then I just gotta wait for a proper White Cement 3, White Infrared 6 and a Bugs Bunny 8 remaster. I'm not concerned with JB anymore when those hit the scene and I cop.
I feel it. You were pumped about the Yellow Toes when they were rumored to be the way we thought they were gonna be though right? And you, like myself, were looking forward to the SBB 3.0s had they been executed properly no? They'll forever trickle out OGs here and there, but you, like myself again, have been interested in non-OG pairs here and there as well, so I don't know if we can say we've "been done since...," I know I can't. For me personally though, it's more about colors/colorways, and unique pairs. I can confidently say I have like 90% of all OGs of all Jordans that I've personally ever wanted. Between that fact, and the fact that the other majority of my collection is made up of SBs, I have tons of different colors and unique pairs. For the Jordan 1 going forward for myself, other than the Blk/Whites, Metallic Silvers, a true Lakers 1, and hopefully a faithful OG rendition of the White Navy 2001 Japans, I'm only really intrigued by colors I don't have in my collection as a whole, or unique, one of a kind type pairs. Trying to have my collection not be super redundant with a bunch of the same colored pairs, and even being unique needs to be something I'd actually wear. The OWs aren't even my style, so I was never into them, but the color choice and blocking of the Travs, look and my personally connection to Spider-man with the Spideys, look/story/creator of the Nigels, and Black Toe connection of the Unions were all something I loved. As for 2020, I'm personally not a huge fan of the 5s outside of the Grapes, Laneys, and Black/Metallics, so I'm good, and I have the Free Throw Line 3s, so it's not that serious to me to get WC3s if they drop faithfully (and I prefer the WC4s). Other than doubling up on the Seattle 10s this holiday, and getting the Blk/Red 11s (I'll prbably get all the "remastered" 11s w/ the higher cut as they drop), the only other Js I'm really checking for are both the 2s he wore during the All-Star festivities in the Kingdome here in Seattle in '87. I know stuff will still catch my interest, and I'll get pairs here and there, but I'm much more particular in what I actually purchase, and this crazy dry spell that Jordans have been doing for me as of present just solidifies that.

I feel it. You were pumped about the Yellow Toes when they were rumored to be the way we thought they were gonna be though right? And you, like myself, were looking forward to the SBB 3.0s had they been executed properly no? They'll forever trickle out OGs here and there, but you, like myself again, have been interested in non-OG pairs here and there as well, so I don't know if we can say we've "been done since...," I know I can't. For me personally though, it's more about colors/colorways, and unique pairs. I can confidently say I have like 90% of all OGs of all Jordans that I've personally ever wanted. Between that fact, and the fact that the other majority of my collection is made up of SBs, I have tons of different colors and unique pairs. For the Jordan 1 going forward for myself, other than the Blk/Whites, Metallic Silvers, a true Lakers 1, and hopefully a faithful OG rendition of the White Navy 2001 Japans, I'm only really intrigued by colors I don't have in my collection as a whole, or unique, one of a kind type pairs. Trying to have my collection not be super redundant with a bunch of the same colored pairs, and even being unique needs to be something I'd actually wear. The OWs aren't even my style, so I was never into them, but the color choice and blocking of the Travs, look and my personally connection to Spider-man with the Spideys, look/story/creator of the Nigels, and Black Toe connection of the Unions were all something I loved. As for 2020, I'm personally not a huge fan of the 5s outside of the Grapes, Laneys, and Black/Metallics, so I'm good, and I have the Free Throw Line 3s, so it's not that serious to me to get WC3s if they drop faithfully (and I prefer the WC4s). Other than doubling up on the Seattle 10s this holiday, and getting the Blk/Red 11s (I'll prbably get all the "remastered" 11s w/ the higher cut as they drop), the only other Js I'm really checking for are both the 2s he wore during the All-Star festivities in the Kingdome here in Seattle in '87. I know stuff will still catch my interest, and I'll get pairs here and there, but I'm much more particular in what I actually purchase, and this crazy dry spell that Jordans have been doing for me as of present just solidifies that.
Ain't no body readn that novel bruh, keep it simple.

The more I see that red pipe pair the less I like them. Money saved
I'm interested to see how the red trim is achieved. In some shots it looks like piping (like on the Doom Dunk SBs), in some it looks like the leather is stacked, and in some it looks like the leather has a red trim (like on the LA to Chi SBs).

Back
Top Bottom