Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
My pair is from Vietnam. No issues I can see other then the R's and seller said he got them from snkrs but never seen a snkrs pair with a sticker on the box before.
20191117_131625.jpg
20191117_131648.jpg
20191117_131526.jpg
20191117_131542.jpg
20191117_131558.jpg
20191117_131604.jpg
20191117_131618.jpg

Only thing I dont get about that klekt review is the wings logo part. Are your wings logos actually smooth?
I never saw that sticker before but I bought used Lettermans last week and they came in box with almost identiacal sticker just more information on it, there was also GOAT pamphlet in the box but I think that is not related...

My guess is that it is sticker of some retailer like Offspring UK has on their boxes

Just FYI, that sticker is a Foot Locker Inc identifier. It used to be easy to figure out which brand it came from, but they tweaked them just slightly so now it's a little tougher. Doesn't exactly work with the SNKRS story, though.

If that's the case, every black/orange pair of 1's is an SBB.

Gotta come with better logic.

I've seen every black/orange 1 called SBB. Maybe not by Nike itself but by the masses...Nike didn't make up the "Bred" moniker that follows every black/red Jordan the masses did and it stuck.

Satins didn't have the insole from what I've been told, so that argument isn't really full proof. I couldn't care less what they are honestly, I doubt another one is coming next year like people are predicting.

Satins didn't have the insole from what I've been told, so that argument isn't really full proof. I couldn't care less what they are honestly, I doubt another one is coming next year like people are predicting.
Exactly. When it came to the Satin SBBs, those didn’t have the SBB insole, yet no one was dying on this “they don’t have the SBB insole, so they’re not SBBs” hill. But then again, I know many are gonna say “Nike/JB OFFICIALLY referring to them as SBBs makes them SBBs.” So the 18 letters in “Shattered Backboard” makes ALL the difference? Nothing on the box, nothing on the insole, nothing on the shoe, just all marketing speak.

Question: would you do a full strip on these if you already had Chicago's?

IMG_20191118_100204.jpg
I mean, that’s a personal opinion type of thing. I personally wouldn’t, but it’s on you. You’d end up with a Chi w/ Black outsole and (obviously) Black “Nike SB” on the tongue. If that’s what you want, in the words of Nike, “Just Do It.”

IMG_20191118_100204.jpg

IMG_20191118_101009.jpg

Do what you want to do, not what you hear from us.
But since you asked, no, I wouldn't. Just let it fade naturally. The LA color-blocking is nice.

Plus, you have Chicago's, so if you need that type of 1 for an outfit, just pull those out.

PO

Exactly. When it came to the Satin SBBs, those didn’t have the SBB insole, yet no one was dying on this “they don’t have the SBB insole, so they’re not SBBs” hill. But then again, I know many are gonna say “Nike/JB OFFICIALLY referring to them as SBBs makes them SBBs.” So the 18 letters in “Shattered Backboard” makes ALL the difference? Nothing on the box, nothing on the insole, nothing on the shoe, just all marketing speak.

Simply, yes. Nike called them SBB, they are SBB. That's a hard concept?

IMG_20191118_100204.jpg

IMG_20191118_101009.jpg

No. But I never understood why people fully strip down these painted pairs. The only ones that make sense are the Paris to NY, because those don't exist in any other form (and even then the outside layer is way better.) If you strip these or LMs you just have another pair of Chis/Royals/Black reds. Takes all the fun out of the concept.

Which further proves that the lack of insole means nothing, which was my argument
I don't get why people still arguing this anyway, either you like the shoe or you don't. The name isn't going to affect how much you like the shoe, unless you're a hypebeast.

Back
Top Bottom