Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I have no clue to be honest. I'm just guessing, the cost of some bottles of Angelus paint, brushes and a clearcoat spray. I watched Vic's videos and it doesn't seem too hard. I painted model cars for years when I was little and got pretty darn good. Just gotta buy good brushes for the application. Worth a try if I can get a pair cheap enough.

Don't you have to strip the existing "clearcoat" or something, before painting?

Do they even make "regular highs" anymore? It's been the same mold for a while now. The "remastered" mold.
I thought I remember seeing a couple of them pop up this year. The only 'catch' or whatever was they had a Jumpman on the tongue and only came in women's sizes, but I think they were labeled Jordan 1 High.

So really only 2 versions for like 95% of the people here. And JB will release like only 3-4 of the ‘85s, and make them limited and hyped from here to the high heavens. I’ll never knock anyone’s hustle, but I hate this sht JB.
This feels like a pretty cynical take, but I completely agree with you. I'm just hoping they give us at least one big GR in a good OG colorway in the 85 cut next year.

Don't you have to strip the existing "clearcoat" or something, before painting?

I believe you do. You get some light sandpaper (1200 grit, not too abrasive) and wet sand it. I'll have to watch a few videos before I attempt. But first need a pair of bloodlines on discount.

My normal day off before my extra 2 days I took off from work (with tomorrow being my anniversary). Went out to the mall with my wife and decided to give my trusty 2001 black/reds a wear, since it was nice out. I know not everyone likes the '01s due to the matte swoosh or the extra padded ankle collar, but since 2016s are going for SO MUCH, I still wear them and am very happy I still have them. Yes, they are creased, and I love them. Was even cooler that JB numbered them on the tongue.

Actually, these are .5 up from my normal size 11 as when I bought these back in 2001 (when you had to call Nike.com and order them) my size was sold out. So I took the next size I could get and added an insole. Also bought the '01 Metallic silver/Navy pair at the same time. Should take a shot of them too and post for everyone as you don't see them too often anymore. Hope you all enjoy the pic!
IMG_20191212_150415.jpg

Customizing a pair of bloodlines going to be one of my holiday break projects...that and finally punching some holes in these Fresh Prince 5’s.

for anyone who has the zoom RT2, how's the zoom strobel feel on foot? I might wanna cop the white pair next month.
The zoom tech is OK.. I honestly don't think they had much normal user / real world testing, because the zoom positioning and shape is a bit odd.
The zoom is very obviously centre loaded and noticeable as you load it up, and if you step on an angle you can feel the edges of it in the forefoot area quite easily. The heel is better, but you can still feel the edge of it under certain loads.
But - I've worn them 6 straight hours tonight and been on my feet most of the time and they are comfy. No tiredness or pressure points at all.
As a gimmick it's not bad at all. Wearing normal 1s after these shows up how unforgiving the older soles are.
Honestly I'd much prefer encapsulated full length / width react over the zoom, but I wouldn't be mad if a cw I was desperate to own had this tech in.

It was on a sneaker history podcast with MJo23dan and Unloved 1s. The difference between the first 2 is this.

Jordan 1 high
800855_1.jpg

Remaster
Untitled-4.jpg

Nu 85. I call them nu 85 because they are rehashing the original mold but they arent true 85s. It's just a shorthand term instead of calling them "remastered high OG '85 new beginnings"

3-2.jpg
careful with the nu term-
air-jordan-1-low-chicago-retro-SB.jpg

My normal day off before my extra 2 days I took off from work (with tomorrow being my anniversary). Went out to the mall with my wife and decided to give my trusty 2001 black/reds a wear, since it was nice out. I know not everyone likes the '01s due to the matte swoosh or the extra padded ankle collar, but since 2016s are going for SO MUCH, I still wear them and am very happy I still have them. Yes, they are creased, and I love them. Was even cooler that JB numbered them on the tongue.

Actually, these are .5 up from my normal size 11 as when I bought these back in 2001 (when you had to call Nike.com and order them) my size was sold out. So I took the next size I could get and added an insole. Also bought the '01 Metallic silver/Navy pair at the same time. Should take a shot of them too and post for everyone as you don't see them too often anymore. Hope you all enjoy the pic!
IMG_20191212_150415.jpg
We see the jeans homie, we already know you bought them in 2001 :lol: I got '01 royals earlier this year but let them go after a few wears. Same with my silver/metallic '01 mids. The sole was just too uncomfortable even with an extra insole.

Back
Top Bottom