Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Mochas will be a timeless classic, just because it’s a colorway with no changes to the silhouette. The TS 1s is more of a trend that encapsulates the year of 2018, just how off whites ones reminds you of ‘16-‘17. Eventually the looks of huge backwards swooshes or reversed engineered construction will look dated.

Mochas will be a timeless classic, just because it’s a colorway with no changes to the silhouette. The TS 1s is more of a trend that encapsulates the year of 2018, just how off whites ones reminds you of ‘16-‘17. Eventually the looks of huge backwards swooshes or reversed engineered construction will look dated.

It's 2008 Big Pony Polo shirts all over again.

This! I'm on the r/sneakers reddit and those dudes sh*t on simple shoes like the Frags. Are they overpriced? Duh, but that colorway will stand the test of time in its simplicity. A lot of these new trendy shoes & collabs gonna be looking ridiculous as f*ck when these people grow out of the trend and have that moment of clarity like "damn, was I on that?" Like with this new Nike ISPA trend & the Space Hippies. They're cool for now because the idea is "dare to be different" but it won't age well in there long run.

Last edited:
This! I'm on the r/sneakers reddit and those dudes sh*t on simple shoes like the Frags. Are they overpriced? Duh, but that colorway will stand the test of time in its simplicity. A lot of these new trendy shoes & collabs gonna be looking ridiculous as f*ck when these people grow out of the trend and have that moment of clarity like "damn, was I on that?" Like with this new Nike ISPA trend & the Space Hippies. They're cool for now because the idea is "dare to be different" but it won't age well in there looking run.

OG space hippies/cw will definitely age well. It's all the other Crater Foam gimmick products after that will be looking funny in a bit.

OG space hippies/cw will definitely age well. It's all the other Crater Foam gimmick products after that will be looking funny in a bit.

Hmmm nah I really dont see them aging well. Hell, I feel like you'd have to have a certain outfit and aesthetic just to successfully pull them off. I haven't seen one successful outfit yet unless people go full techwear. They look weird and outta place with run of-the-mill jeans and a tshirt.

Good point.
What about Union 1s? Do you think those are a trend too? Obviously some changes here and there to the silhouette but it drew inspiration from 1985 1s

All I know is the Japan’s and Mochas will be had by any means necessary..
Not gonna lie, it’s gonna be mad tempting to grab a double off stockx or something cuz both these will skyrocket in due time

I don't think the TS1s should be coupled with the weird trash named. They are simple, just have a reverse swoosh.
My thoughts exactly. Compared to so many different pairs (the OW 1s especially, and to a degree the Unions, but the Unions are SUPER simple in comparison), the TS1s will stand the test of time IMO. They are super basic, generally speaking, except for the reverse Swoosh. No weird bells and whistles, weird details all over or hanging off. Just a brown Chi with the Swoosh reversed. Even as styles change, as long as Jordan 1s are a classic and still viewed upon favorably, IMO the TS1s (while I’m sure some purists will reject them) will be fine. As mentioned already though, the OWs are a different story IMO.

My thoughts exactly. Compared to so many different pairs (the OW 1s especially, and to a degree the Unions, but the Unions are SUPER simple in comparison), the TS1s will stand the test of time IMO. They are super basic, generally speaking, except for the reverse Swoosh. No weird bells and whistles, weird details all over or hanging off. Just a brown Chi with the Swoosh reversed. Even as styles change, as long as Jordan 1s are a classic and still viewed upon favorably, IMO the TS1s (while I’m sure some purists will reject them) will be fine. As mentioned already though, the OWs are a different story IMO.
I get what you’re saying but I think your sentiments should be about the Unions. In my opinion.

I never got the whole “age well” discussion. If it’s in vein w the proper silo it should age just fine. Would we really personally give a Damb if others think our AJI don’t look good 10-20 years from now?
Honestly, I think it's more of us not thinking they look good in 10 years. There have been releases that don't age well and really make me wonder what I was thinking to spend my money on it at the time.

TS1's might not have that problem but someone could definitely make an argument for it.

Honestly, I think it's more of us not thinking they look good in 10 years. There have been releases that don't age well and really make me wonder what I was thinking to spend my money on it at the time.

TS1's might not have that problem but someone could definitely make an argument for it.
Fair enough. Idk if it’s bc I love the AJI but I think it would be difficult for AJI to look bad at any given era.

Fair enough. Idk if it’s bc I love the AJI but I think it would be difficult for AJI to look bad at any given era.
Agreed, i was trying to think of an AJ1 that might be the case...maybe that tie-dye one that just dropped. I doubt that shoe ages well. Prints like tie-dye are one of those things that looks good in waves, it'll fall out of favor and come back at some point.

IPSAS and Trash Hippies will become the new Element reacts. I remember when all the shoetubers were spewing their garbage and calling the element reacts shoe of the year(Seth Fowler, foamer, hes kicks,jaques, etc); I didn’t fall for their BS-like 99% of the crap outta their mouths-fking sheep. Element reacts DEFINITELY did not “age well”.

This. What AJ1 has ever released with hype and fanfare, but hasn’t aged well over time for reasons other than not being true to OG (e.g. being ridiculously misshaped or having a jumpman)? I can’t think of a colorway that was hot at one time, but is now garbage

This. What AJ1 has ever released with hype and fanfare, but hasn’t aged well over time for reasons other than not being true to OG (e.g. being ridiculously misshaped or having a jumpman)? I can’t think of a colorway that was hot at one time, but is now garbage
The exception on the TS1 might be the fact that it's not the color that will make it age poorly but the unique design elements like the oversized reverse check.

did mans just say TS1 won’t age well but trash hippies will?

giphy.gif

I mean you can argue that for the DSM 1's and maybe the Pinnacle 1's

the J Balvin 1's won't age well imo

Man I wish I copped those pinnacle 1s. They def age and patina looking sexy

Back
Top Bottom