Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Bots are an major part of the culture nowadays though. People even resell bots lol
I mean, I get it but if you run a site and you want people to buy why aren't you doing anything to give people going manual a chance. Kith gets taken by bots every time to the point that I wouldn't spend my money there on a normal release. Do something to give people a fighting chance.

lol air max 2090s are hideous, those are bound to be Nike outlet allstars.

The only reason Adidas is relevant today is because of Kanye and Boost. The latter of which doesn’t really have much competition in the casual wear/comfort department. Plenty of better performance tech though, UBs are not the best shoes for running -Vaporflys and several Hoka models would destroy them in that regard.

Weirdly running has been where Nike has made big strides. I remember a couple of years ago "real" runners didn't run in Nikes outside of the Pegasus line. Now so many are onboard with the Epic React, Infinity React, Peg Turbo, Zoomfly, Vomero, and of course the 4%/Next %.

lol air max 2090s are hideous, those are bound to be Nike outlet allstars.

The only reason Adidas is relevant today is because of Kanye and Boost. The latter of which doesn’t really have much competition in the casual wear/comfort department. Plenty of better performance tech though, UBs are not the best shoes for running -Vaporflys and several Hoka models would destroy them in that regard.

Duck Camo AM 2090s are more attractive than ANY ultraboost ever, including collabs, including ones that used to resell for $1000+. That shape on ultraboosts is just God awful, why do the toes point up like that? Any who looks at styrofoam and says “yes, I like how that looks, put that on my midsole.” Trash, straight up. And I rarely use that word to describe sneakers. I just call it like I see it. So trash.

Last edited:
Weirdly running has been where Nike has made big strides. I remember a couple of years ago "real" runners didn't run in Nikes outside of the Pegasus line. Now so many are onboard with the Epic React, Infinity React, Peg Turbo, Zoomfly, Vomero, and of course the 4%/Next %.

Its not just the material, Nike's implementation esp when it comes to performance applications is just on another level right now. They are making a KILLING with the vaporfly series. Before covid it was almost comical how many pink or volt shoes you would see at any given marathon/ half marathon and its everyone from pros/semi elites to weekend runner/back of the pack people that are buying them up.

:rofl: :rofl: seen this posted somewhere and holy **** this is cringe

This is so sad honestly. Yhere are so many things wrong with this video. It’s either resellers showing how they exploit people’s passion. How people are influenced by toxic artist or musicians, some are good but most are terrbile imho. It’s a crazy world we live in.

:rofl: :rofl: seen this posted somewhere and holy **** this is cringe

Wow that is cringe.

tenor.gif

Its not just the material, Nike's implementation esp when it comes to performance applications is just on another level right now. They are making a KILLING with the vaporfly series. Before covid it was almost comical how many pink or volt shoes you would see at any given marathon/ half marathon and its everyone from pros/semi elites to weekend runner/back of the pack people that are buying them up.

It really is. It's like if you wanted to come in 1st you had to have a pair of Vaporflys.

That guy in the video is so bad, he made me like my smoke greys and Da Baby a lot less. I thought taking Ls was the worst part of this morning, but no - watching that video was worse.

Okay, maybe we SHOULD ban Tik Tok.

Hit on a womens 9W in the Satins. Not my size so im going to get rid of them and grab something I missed out on

I mean, I get it but if you run a site and you want people to buy why aren't you doing anything to give people going manual a chance. Kith gets taken by bots every time to the point that I wouldn't spend my money there on a normal release. Do something to give people a fighting chance.

Why would these retails invest more money to “give people a chance”? The product gets sold either way. GOAT and StockX exist for setting market prices, retailers like Nike/JB should either raise retail prices and/or increase stock to address this demand issue that allows bots to thrive to begin with-it’s that simple.

Oh yeah that’s why I mentioned that Vaporflys were far superior to UBs for performance (which are terrible runners due to awful stability, etc. plus they 7+ year old design at this point). The discussion was based on strictly casualwear/comfort.

Last edited:
Duck Camo AM 2090 is more attractive than ANY ultraboost ever, including collabs, including ones that used to resell for $1000+. That shape on ultraboosts is just God awful, why do the toes point up like that? Any who ever looked at styrofoam and said “yes, I like how that looks, put that on my midsole.” Trash, straight up. And I rarely use that word to describe sneakers. I just call it like I see it. So trash.

Lol Duck Camo 2090s are hideous-for a newer model, resale is completely dead on those as well, which should tell you everything about market demand for them (pairs on StockX are $90-$109, from $179 retail). The fact that UBs are so popular and AM 2090s are not should speak volumes. For the record, aside from the Yeezy line, I think Adidas basically are garbage producers nowadays but, aside from new performance models, Nike and, especially, JB’s newer casualwear models are awful as well (Idk who would think Mars 270s are a good looking shoe, for example). Honestly, they need to fire some of their designers and/or just maintain focus on retro-only casualwear models with improved tech.

Last edited:
Duck Camo AM 2090 is more attractive than ANY ultraboost ever, including collabs, including ones that used to resell for $1000+. That shape on ultraboosts is just God awful, why do the toes point up like that? Any who ever looked at styrofoam and said “yes, I like how that looks, put that on my midsole.” Trash, straight up. And I rarely use that word to describe sneakers. I just call it like I see it. So trash.

Everyone has their own opinions, but you seem to be going hard for all things Nike. I guess thats par for the course, since this is a Nike thread and a lot of people are all-Nike / anti-not-Nike.

Those AM 2090's look like the Nikes your mom used to buy you at Kohls, when you really wanted the "real" ones from an actual footsite. That's just my opinion though. Doubt the comfort is there, the plastic uppers look like trash to me (do they crinkle after you wear them, like React Element 87s?) and if they're anything like the React Elements - they get dust/dirt inside that you can't get out.

He needs to stop investing in smoke greys and start investing in hair loss products. That hairline is looking thinnnn.

Can someone help me out real quick? Just picked up a pair of the tie-dyes, local deal. The leather in them feels more like... vinyl? Nylon? Everything else looks good for the most part (box, color, shape, toe perforations, toe box leather, etc.).
Thoughts?
C2ADBA7F-9168-4AB3-8AE9-A35A9ACAA6FE.jpeg
2184A41D-99F8-4C4D-B970-75A0AE4CD9FC.jpeg
5FFA2EA2-F125-4D1A-A14F-2BEE68EABB8B.jpeg

Why would these retails invest more money to “give people a chance”? The product gets sold either way. GOAT and StockX exist for setting market prices, retailers like Nike/JB should either raise retail prices and/or increase stock to address this demand issue that allows bots to thrive to begin with-it’s that simple.
They can combat it in simple ways, they don't need to invest loads of money. Code in a dummy SKU on the site so that a bot searching that SKU makes the purchase on something unintended...idk do something. It sells either way and yes, companies know that but at the same time it alienates your fan base.
It's annoying that the culture has accepted that GOAT/StockX as true indicators of value and so on. Raising retail wouldn't fix boting in the slightest and neither will increasing stock. Retailers should (I'm using "should" loosely because it won't happen) implement measures to make it so that a person on a bot can't get down on 30 pairs of shoes on a release.

Raising retail wouldn't fix boting in the slightest and neither will increasing stock.

But when GR retro prices were raised to $190+ in 2015, releases started to sit again so it did work for making buying retros for retail more accessible. JB also increased stock in the following years and you started to see retros going on discount. This cycle needs to be repeated again to keep up with growing hype, tbh.

Back
Top Bottom