Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
What is.......getting married ?

Alex Trebek: That is correct.
Naw. That’s not getting married. Dudes are marrying wrong if they have to castrate themselves for the sake of a relationship.
My wife knew from jump when we first met 10 years ago that kicks are a passion of mine, and that it was something that wasn’t going to change. And that’s that. She’s has a job (a web designer), I’ve have a job (technology instructor and digital/internet equity researcher), and again, as long as we’re good financially, she doesn’t care. I have over 175 pairs and counting. The ONLY convo/debate we ever get into involving sneakers is where to put them when spaces get filled and new pairs come in.

I agree, except for when kids come into play. If your SO's earning potential doesn't cover childcare then yeah...they might as well stay home.

Maybe it’s the economist in me speaking but, if you’re worrying about leaving a job to cover childcare costs, maybe don’t have kids until you can comfortably do so? Leaving the workforce for
extended years typically makes it that much harder to re-enter at the same level you left.

Anyways, to bring this convo back full circle, wrap it up like a freshly made Chipotle burrito until you feel comfortable paying for Jr’s expenses without having to sell your favorite pair of Js to do so.

Naw. That’s not getting married. Dudes are marrying wrong if they have to castrate themselves for the sake of a relationship.
Exactly, but unfortunately a lot of men do. "Happy wife, happy life" culture is real.

Dudes pay all the bills, and get kicked out of a bed they paid for, just because wifey is upset. :lol:

wrap it up like a freshly made Chipotle burrito
1610742448594.gif

Never understood the point of a stay at home wife nowadays-women have so many opportunities now, seems like wasted potential. Same thing with stay at home husbands, although this is obviously seemingly less common. Melinda Gates and MacKenzie Bezos (when she was still married to Jeff) still worked towards goals and did something with their lives, even when they didn’t have to, financially, b/c of their husbands. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
Stay at home wives that raise upstanding and honorable children have just as an important job as anyone else. Maybe even more so. If they don’t have children, well, that’s a whole different story. :lol:

Stay at home wives that raise upstanding and honorable children have just as an important job as anyone else. Maybe even more so. If they don’t have children, well, that’s a whole different story. :lol:

Oh man, this reminds me of some of my friends growing up who had stay-at-home moms. They ended up being the most spoiled and bratty kids. Maybe that was due to their dads having to work all the time and just buying their kids whatever they wanted. Like I remember one of them got a PS2 soon after release day when their dad paid resale on eBay (I suppose it was probably similar to buying a PS5 for resale rn). Ironically, none of these kids ended up growing up to be very successful-I guess their poor work ethic started from that time lol Obviously, this is all just from my experience but one of them even sold me my 1st pair of Js (his lightly worn 2001 Columbia 11s) for $60 since he didn’t like them much and wanted the Bred 11s instead. I was so happy since we couldn’t afford Js like that-I remember my mom was even suspicious of him selling them to me :lol:

Oh man, this reminds me of some of my friends growing up who had stay-at-home moms. They ended up being the most spoiled and bratty kids. Maybe that was due to their dads having to work all the time and just buying their kids whatever they wanted. Like I remember one of them got a PS2 soon after release day when their dad paid resale on eBay (I suppose it was probably similar to buying a PS5 for resale rn). Ironically, none of these kids ended up growing up to be very successful-I guess their poor work ethic started from that time lol Obviously, this is all just from my experience but one of them even sold me my 1st pair of Js (his lightly worn 2001 Columbia 11s) for $60 since he didn’t like them much and wanted the Bred 11s instead. I was so happy since we couldn’t afford Js like that-I remember my mom was even suspicious of him selling them to me :lol:
Well, that’s why I stated upstanding and honorable. Looks like some fail at doing their stay at home jobs. At least you got 60 buck Columbia 11s out of it. :lol:

“Happy wife, happy life”
-Suckas across America
Not quite. The phase is totally accurate. Nothing worse than when your wife is in a funky az mood. The suckers are the ones where just being them makes their wives unhappy, and that then have to bend over backwards, or have to be someone they aren’t in order for their wives to be happy. I’m me 24/7, and my wife is 100% happy with that. Happy life. The suckers are the ones that when you ask them why they’re changing up who they are, or why they are living in a way or becoming something that makes them miserable, and they give you that “happy wife, happy life” spiel as their reasoning.

Best çolours in the AIR JORDÅN I so far are: 1.BRED 2.RØYÅLS 3.SHATTERED_BAÇKBOÅRDS { patent leather vers, iThink thas the 3rd edition }

EMLEskatedeck2 copy.png

Hey guys, Im a little confused as to why some zoom Jordan 1s have full length and others have heel zoom only?

As far as I can tell only the Jordan 1 craters had full length Zoom which was similar to the KD 12 because the zoom units were there instead of a strobel.
The comfort versions only have heel zoom embedded in to the insole.

Thanks.
Zoom Air Jordans have the zoom strobble board, while SB's have the zoom air insole. The Frankenstein monster that is the Jordan 1 CMFT have a foam midsole/outsole and a cheaper version of the SB Zoom insole. I bought a pair on NDC here in Singapore and immediately put those monstrosities back in the box and returned them. Horrible. And I don't really trash a lot of shoes. And to charge more than mids with foam and neoprene for the upper. FOH

Zoom Air Jordans have the zoom strobble board, while SB's have the zoom air insole. The Frankenstein monster that is the Jordan 1 CMFT have a foam midsole/outsole and a cheaper version of the SB Zoom insole. I bought a pair on NDC here in Singapore and immediately put those monstrosities back in the box and returned them. Horrible. And I don't really trash a lot of shoes. And to charge more than mids with foam and neoprene for the upper. FOH

Say what you will about CMFTs but I think the Bayou Boys pair is an excellent cw... Idk why we can’t have more cws like this on regular OG 1s.

Pics of my pair:

388B43FA-9E6F-4240-8793-92D896671F13.jpeg

A7F2AADF-E85A-4161-A768-B0C6C7D5FE30.jpeg

At this point, it has to be OG for me to **** with a pair of 1s. All the retro + **** is getting worse and worse.
After the Neutral Greys, I’ll have every pair of OGs I’ve ever wanted (except for the Jordan 1 Black Toe w/ Black Tongue PE that MJ actually wore, that I’ll need one day). IMO, all the new colors would be PERFECT if they just stuck to OG color blocking (Blk/Red, Shadow (technically different from Blk/Red blocking), UNC, Black Toe (with black tongue for me, but some like the white), or Metallic) and OG materials (just full leather uppers, normal NA tongue tag, and rubber outsoles). I wouldn’t necessarily buy them all, but I don’t think JB could really go wrong just slapping different colors on these classic blockings.

But even with that, I’m open to new sht if it’s dope.

Metallic Red today.
64AEB9F4-D213-49C2-811A-BF7D6DDAAF37.jpeg

Still big mad I managed to let these get away. Got burnt waiting for them to go on sale then once they dried up it was a wrap. Prices for them went crazy along with everything else and the rest was history. Same with Kentucky’s. I goofed big time with those too. Both should’ve been a day one copp for me.

Back
Top Bottom