Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Was gonna post this too but was too lazy to google the articles last night. If you're wanting to cash out using SX, GOAT, or eBay, it will be a lot easier to do that this year.

Or get cash locally
Maryland already requires the IRS to be notified via a 1099K if sales for the year are more than $600. So guessing charmcitykid charmcitykid is already on point to pay the tax man by next Monday, and for his $25K sale next year…

it’s weird cus they still bring joy but also not.
we used to sit around for hours talking about sneakers and life.
really felt like a members only club.

now the conversations are pretty much focused around how hard it is to get shoes. And everyone is having that same convo cus we all taking the same L the same way. Not even a cool story to go with the L lol.

it’s such an odd space when something you been doing for 10+ years all of a sudden changes into a completely different thing.

NT is all there is left of the old world.

Truth. Felt this hard.

It's why I'm still here. I still like talking to y'all even if my collection is mostly gone. I enjoy the old guard.

Got these on SNKRS on release day, finally un-DSed today. Love 'em.

PXL_20210514_042925301.jpg
PXL_20210514_042934627.jpg

Having to wipe the glitter off the black leather is one thing, but having to wipe it off the black leather while avoiding getting the grey suede wet? No thanks. Pair looks great tho. I hope you all win.

Thanks for sharing the link. That's a pretty severe decrease in the threshold. Resellers will likely continue as is, however, for us casual folks just selling used or new shoes we no longer want, but at a net profit, will take a hit on these taxes....It's always the little guy that gets screwed...SMFH.
It’ll be interesting to see how the IRS will deal with writing off the original cost. I don’t have receipts for shoes I bought 15 years ago. I guess the honor system will suffice unless you get audited and maybe whatever the original retail price was will suffice as a cost basis?

I don't care about "flexing" hype kicks much anymore. The game is done. I'm bored. I rather 4x the 25 and i can always buy the kicks again later if i want. What's the point in having 25k rotting in my closet? I'ma still have like 100 pairs, just not all the hype stuff. The hype stuff is mostly to flex bc "u ain't got dese"
It’s funny that it used to be all about “where’d you get those” cuz people dug in the crates and kept older pairs fresh. It was always about having stuff that wasn’t sitting on shelves but more so because they were old pairs, slept on or regional releases. Now it’s simply because everyone saw them on the internet and they sold out fast. Everyone knows what they are and where to get them.

The internet has hurt this thing more than anything.

I’m selling some older pairs but only to make room for more. I’ve been wearing sneakers more than ever since I’ve been working from home and I haven’t lost the love at all. I’ve been making an effort to buy things I like that aren’t even on Solelinks.

Last edited:
You would only need to pay taxes on the profit. You could also write off a bunch of other ****, if you could kinda prove it. Storage, shipping boxes, tape and other supplies, etc. on your taxes.

Sounds like a bunch of extra bull**** for nothing, to me.
I been keeping receipts like a mfer since I heard about the new 600 limit. I'm going the official home based buisness route if that's how it's going down.

I been keeping receipts like a mfer since I heard about the new 600 limit. I'm going the official home based buisness route if that's how it's going down.
Write off everything. Any miles you drive to and from purchasing or shipping, portion of internet bill for listing, printer ink for labels, percentage of your mortgage/rent for home office.

It’ll be interesting to see how the IRS will deal with writing off the original cost. I don’t have receipts for shoes I bought 15 years ago. I guess the honor system will suffice unless you get audited and maybe whatever the original retail price was will suffice as a cost basis?

I would say that it it came down to an audit, and you sold at a profit, you could use the StockX release date and MSRP as proof of your cost. Now if you bought resell, you'll want those receipts to show your cost basis.

Yeah, it's soft, but would have preferred leather as it's way less prone to getting dirty and staining. Oh well...those will be the 3.0s!

Back
Top Bottom