• UNC

Votes: 71 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.9%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 25 1.2%

• Total voters
Joined Jul 29, 2017
This is the real answer. If you follow any of those sneaker pages on IG, pay attention to the next time they post a mid **** post. Usually the top comment is a guy/girl starting their comment off with "wear what you like" 😂😂😂

Joined Jul 29, 2017
I don't know anybody that looks at sean wotherspoon for fashion advice lol.
Pharrell and Sean have a similar style in how they dress and that's how most of the kids on them hipster pages be dressed. Short shorts with oversized tee shirts. I don't follow them religiously so I may be mistaken but that's what I tend to see.

D_eezus

formerly zombifed nach0
Joined Feb 22, 2013
This is the real answer. If you follow any of those sneaker pages on IG, pay attention to the next time they post a mid **** post. Usually the top comment is a guy/girl starting their comment off with "wear what you like" 😂😂😂
followed by the “JORDAN WORE MIDS” or “IF TRAVIS WORE/HAD A MID….”

Joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean on my timeline that's how all the hipsters on the sneakers and fashion pages dress. You brothers just said that all the young kids dress like this except they wear 1s and dunks instead of whatever shoes he has on. Again my bad if I'm mistaken

Joined Nov 16, 2018

I mean on my timeline that's how all the hipsters on the sneakers and fashion pages dress. You brothers just said that all the young kids dress like this except they wear 1s and dunks instead of whatever shoes he has on. Again my bad if I'm mistaken
Sean Wotherspoon evendoesn't stand out in the style he dress apart from shoes at times. If anything he dresses like the typical "down to earth" appropriator that acts like Plato's Closet is a thrift store.

Joined Aug 9, 2014

I couldn’t have picked him out of a lineup, I only know his name for the 1/97 joints… but just looked at his page you linked… now I know who got the facial hair on my cheeks that won’t grow :smh: dude should line that up or something

Joined Jul 29, 2017
Sean Wotherspoon evendoesn't stand out in the style he dress apart from shoes at times. If anything he dresses like the typical "down to earth" appropriator that acts like Plato's Closet is a thrift store.
You're right but isn't that how all the kids dress?

Joined Apr 16, 2014
Question for the younger generation. Are you not getting tired of seeing everyone in Jordan 1’s and dunks? I’m not trying to be smart at all, I have a personal connection to the shoes but just thinking about when I was younger I didn’t want to wear what everyone else was. I remember going to puma’s and ASICS at one time. 😂
I mean if you’re talking teenagers and young adults they’re just doing the same thing generations before them did. Which is follow trends. I’m sure everyone in here wore something whether it be clothes or sneakers they wouldn’t put on today.

Kids by majority want to fit in. Not stick out. So as long as the cool crowd determines 1980’s Nike basketball retros are what’s cool. That’s what they will wear.

laxidasical

Supporter
Joined Jan 21, 2016
Correct.

If only they knew how their quality of life would improve if they dumped all their social media activity and focused on actual real-life... also, if they knew how much of their individuality is being forfeited in the meantime. It's beyond sad. Parents share some of the blame too, though.
Yeah, but life is less certain than a bot. Why be an attribute to society, which is risky, when I can pay money for a bot and get guaranteed clout?

Joined May 15, 2003
I mean if you’re talking teenagers and young adults they’re just doing the same thing generations before them did. Which is follow trends. I’m sure everyone in here wore something whether it be clothes or sneakers they wouldn’t put on today.

Kids by majority want to fit in. Not stick out. So as long as the cool crowd determines 1980’s Nike basketball retros are what’s cool. That’s what they will wear.
This isn't true, far from it.

In the 80's and 90's it wasn't about wearing what everyone else wore. There was more individuality.

That's why you had so many different brands. Companies like British Knights or Fila would never break through now. It's hard enough for Puma or Reebok to get recognition now. If you have 20 sneaker brands it's less likely you'll see your same sneaker out.

Now everyone needs influencers, social media and celebs to tell them what to wear.

Now people won't wear Asics or Saucony, because nobody else is. They're bricks. People needed other people to get them to buy Uptown's or Dunks again. Three years ago those basic *** dunks like Syracuse, Michigan or UNLV wouldn't have been hard to get like those Michigan's from five years ago. Now a plain white and black dunk is fire?

Joined Jul 29, 2017
This isn't true, far from it.

In the 80's and 90's it wasn't about wearing what everyone else wore. There was more individuality.

That's why you had so many different brands. Companies like British Knights or Fila would never break through now. It's hard enough for Puma or Reebok to get recognition now. If you have 20 sneaker brands it's less likely you'll see your same sneaker out.

Now everyone needs influencers, social media and celebs to tell them what to wear.

Now people won't wear Asics or Saucony, because nobody else is. They're bricks. People needed other people to get them to buy Uptown's or Dunks again. Three years ago those basic *** dunks like Syracuse, Michigan or UNLV wouldn't have been hard to get like those Michigan's from five years ago. Now a plain white and black dunk is fire?
Great post and very accurate.

Joined Apr 9, 2017
I dunno... Yeah there was more competition then, but there were still people that stuck with just 1 or 2 brands. I was born in 85 and I only wore Nike sneakers up until 3-4 years ago, with the exception of a pair of Reebok classics and a few random shoes that were bought for me as a child.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now