Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Coworker looked out for me. SP with that late shipment.
4F0719A7-872D-4608-A739-E3490EB0D2A5.jpeg

All patent 1s are are garbage. I got rid of all the pairs i owned, including blue chills. Even the bred c/w can't save them. You'll feel and look like a bozo when someone with real breds pull up next to u.

Yeah I agree, been tempted to get rid of all of mine. Only kept them because the value kept going up.

For the record, I don’t think I said that. For all I care, I wish the resale game was dead, everyone rocked their shxt, and if u missed, u missed. But here we are.
Not picking on you but just thinking more on it even if everyone was limited to one pair per shoe and it was meant to be a personal wear there would still be collectors that just hold **** for years at a time.

For the last decade or so I've pretty much held any shoe I buy (excluding a shoe I have doubles of) for a couple weeks -> months -> years.

I like many other collectors grew up in an era where you wore your new Jordans to school the day after release or the Monday after release. Once I got out of high school/ college those opportunities to wear the latest and greatest on the following school day kind of died. Now I only Un-DS **** for memorable moments or when I feel like there is an opportunity to get really fresh. Otherwise one of the many other sneakers will usually work just fine.

Tbh I feel like the big money ruined the market more than anything else. Collectors trading and reselling has been around for a long time. Once people began valuing sneakers like other collectibles and sneakers started hitting those 4-5 digit prices it dampened the experience of collecting.

Even people like myself that bought doubles back in the day for personal use had to question if wearing something is worth it potentially losing value by hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

I personally am the most conflicted with that. Even if I love a sneaker very little of what I do is worth me essentially wearing something that may be valued at a couple thousand dollars.

I had 2013 royals when they were going for a lot. I loved that sneaker and always wanted to wear em but I was also just getting into the professional space and probably didn't have much of any of a savings at that point. It was extremely hard to un-DS that shoe knowing i may need it down the line to pay my rent lol. I thank God my personal situation has changed but I hate that this has become the norm now.

Reselling (insert item) is just a part of hustlenomics. ********, dating advice YouTube channels, reselling, cryptocurrency, stocks, real estate, Uber, etc if there’s money to be made, folks will go to whatever lengths.

Over the last year, I bought the Patent black/gold and Lebron resell. I wanted them…so I got it. As a collector, I’ve used doubles or shoes I’ll probably never wear to fuel the purchases.

At this point, we have to expect…use a connect, pre order, enter raffles, try on release day…if you strike it in the process, you make a decision on if you really want the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom