Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Honestly brother it's the paint they use. I remember when we thought the glitter was a myth or one in a few pairs. I've come to the conclusion that isn't it.

It's just the paint. I doubt they are switching paint brands or mixes between pairs so eventually it hits just about everything black based from this era.
Naw, bro, it’s the tanning process for the cheap black leather Jordan brand factories use. We had some leather expert chime in and gave all kinds of evidence a year or so ago on here. Basically, they rush the tanning process using **** materials and that’s what happens.

I echo this sentiment a lot. I know it's a lot of 11.5 dudes sitting dozens of unworn pairs that I would wear one by one everyday. Folks cop doubles and triples with the mentality of having a backup pair, meanwhile all they do is lace up some beater air maxes or BC3s everyday. In a way I get it, like what @sneakaprince said.

But a collector that's buying up and hoarding multiples is in a way worse than a reseller. At least a reseller might be getting some shoes to someone who will wear them. Other dudes out here just letting their joints get dusty, glittery, crumbly, whatever. Those pairs may never see the light of day for YEARS. And for what? No one gets to enjoy them that way. I've never owned a double, not even of my favorites. I have enough shoes to rotate through that by the time I beat a favorite beyond the point of wearing, I'll have gotten my enjoyment out of them enough.
I’m going to have to disagree with you here. A guy who goes out and buys pairs and sits on them to wear one day is NOT worse than a person who games the system with bots and scoops up FSRs of pairs, or gets them backdoored just to flip them at 300-1000% retail - essentially rent seeking. That person did nothing novel - he didn’t fly to Japan and source them himself. Hell, they don’t even wait outside anymore! He just soaked up the pairs to artificially drive the price higher while increasing scarcity. **** resellers and **** Nike and Adidas for letting resellers game their websites.

Agreed, it's not even close IMO. Have never understood that argument at all.

A person who's actually into sneakers, knows the history, is a fan of the athlete, etc that buys (but doesn't wear) pairs is worse than someone who's purposely taking advantage of the system and charging consumers 3-10x retail price? Yeah....hell nah.

Ice Cream Sandwich anyone...SMH!!!

Jordan 1 Acclimate Chocolate

20210825_110917.jpg
20210825_110836.jpg
20210825_111005.jpg
20210825_111037.jpg

Don’t knock this colorway, I actually LOVE these, I wanna cop them & move to a cold climate city. New York maybe, where I was born. Especially if I could snatch both colorways & head to NY, hell yea I’ll take these ice cream sandwich joints & Triple Blacks!
Love them both! Sick winter shoes, makes me think of when use to visit my momma in New York. Damn, the snow is so cool, frostbite is so humbling. Stay real, Stay True 🥶❄☃⛄⛷🌨🏂🎿🏔

Truly dying for my Family to announce they bought a brand new crib in New York for us to move back to. Such an amazing experience to be had amongst us. The hell with Miami :angry:

Last edited:
Don’t knock this colorway, I actually LOVE these, I wanna cop them & moved to a cold climate city. New York maybe, where I was born. Especially if I could snatch both colorways & head to NY, hell yea I’ll take these ice cream sandwich joints & Triple Blacks!
Love them both! Sick winter shoes, makes me think of when use to visit my momma in New York. Damn, the snow is so cool. 🥶❄☃⛄⛷🌨🏂🎿🏔

27BC8C47-493A-4460-B80C-3E741562395D.gif

There’s multiple factors that add to these issues. Resellers buying up inventory (via bots, “connects,” in person, raffles, etc.) for the SOLE PURPOSE of selling for 100%+ profit, definitely mess up things. Just supply and demand wise, anyone buying up multiples takes away from supply. I mean anyone that buys even single pairs, takes away from the overall supply. Whether they’re worn the same day, or in 3 years, those pairs aren’t in circulation. I also think a big contributing factor is just current fashion. I’m not the oldest (35), but I remember when people had a few pairs of shoes, and wore them things with EVERYTHING. Didn’t need or want a bunch of kicks to match with everything, to coordinate, or be fashion forward. Now whoever, having multiple different pairs of shoes to go with fits, to keep up with the “Jones’s,” to be fashionably diverse, etc., drives people to want to own and wear many more pairs of shoes.

Resellers are the worst IMO though. I’m not knocking anyone’s hustle, but I’m also not gonna act as if I like what they do.

The only patent leather Jordan 1s that I fk with are pairs that are some combination of black and gold, some also with white as well. Unless it’s something like that, I can’t do it personally. I don’t think they look that bad, but not on these toes.

I strongly believe the Air Jordan 1 Acclimate joints in chocolate ice cream sandwich colorway should come with an extra pair of Army green laces.

Army green laces would set the ice sandwich joints on fire with a gangsta army green bomber jacket in the winter. 🔥🔥🔥

*ready to put army green laces in a pair of the ice cream sandwich chocolates joints if I snatch em*

Last edited:
I strongly believe the Air Jordan 1 Acclimate joints in chocolate ice cream sandwich colorway should come with an extra pair of Army green laces.

Army green laces would set the ice sandwich joints on fire with a gangsta army green bomber jacket in the winter. 🔥🔥🔥

*ready to put army green laces in a pair of the ice cream sandwich chocolates joints if I snatch em*

AFCC4A51-A065-4640-A18D-861F93B498A8.gif

I’m going to have to disagree with you here. A guy who goes out and buys pairs and sits on them to wear one day is NOT worse than a person who games the system with bots and scoops up FSRs of pairs, or gets them backdoored just to flip them at 300-1000% retail - essentially rent seeking. That person did nothing novel - he didn’t fly to Japan and source them himself. Hell, they don’t even wait outside anymore! He just soaked up the pairs to artificially drive the price higher while increasing scarcity. **** resellers and **** Nike and Adidas for letting resellers game their websites.
Didn't we see this last year with things like masks, toilet paper, hand sanitizer? A few people go in and clear the shelves so that they have a reserve "just in case." The rest that come after get nothing. If it were limited to one per person then a lot more people at least get something.

But I digress. I realize it's a lot of people out there that get joy out of something they don't use. Personally I wear every single shoe I have and cannot understand those who don't wear their shoes.

Didn't we see this last year with things like masks, toilet paper, hand sanitizer? A few people go in and clear the shelves so that they have a reserve "just in case." The rest that come after get nothing. If it were limited to one per person then a lot more people at least get something.

But I digress. I realize it's a lot of people out there that get joy out of something they don't use. Personally I wear every single shoe I have and cannot understand those who don't wear their shoes.
Different situation, and there’s laws against scalping necessities.

How many pics do we see with some ****head with a room full of a hyped shoes. That’s your problem. I live overseas where Nike releases are still botted and I can’t get even through to a cart screen and some people are pulling 5-10 pairs in a small market and putting them up for 3x before they’re even in hand. That’s the ****head I’m talking about, not the guy doubling up on his grail.

edited: because holy**** autocorrect did me wrong.

Last edited:
Need to start wearing these more since they were starting to show signs of glitter. I let them air out for a two weeks or so and the problem seems to have fixed itself :nerd:
I have a problem with not wearing my favorites enough since I wanna keep them looking nice forever :lol:

cp.jpg

Need to start wearing these more since they were starting to show signs of glitter. I let them air out for a two weeks or so and the problem seems to have fixed itself :nerd:
I have a problem with not wearing my favorites enough since I wanna keep them looking nice forever :lol:

cp.jpg
It’s a shoe my dude I wear everything I have no matter what it’s worth. Life is to short

Back
Top Bottom