• UNC

Votes: 71 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.9%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 25 1.2%

• Total voters
Joined Sep 12, 2018
First time holding a pair in hand(even if they are reps though). The real vs fake videos on YouTube must have got some really bad fakes because these look better than those.

I showed them the StockX/GOAT prices and they immediately took them off the shelves are bumped the price to $200. :lol:

Sold about 15 mins later after that.
Why would you do that? That's not cool.

Joined Apr 16, 2014
First time holding a pair in hand(even if they are reps though). The real vs fake videos on YouTube must have got some really bad fakes because these look better than those.

I showed them the StockX/GOAT prices and they immediately took them off the shelves are bumped the price to $200. :lol:

Why tell them???

Joined Jun 29, 2016
Why would you do that? That's not cool.
They asked for my advice on the price when I came into work yesterday...they usually do this on stuff they know I'm partly knowledgeable on. Said people were trying to buy them all day but eventually passed until this one barber showed up and got them at the new price.

Joined Sep 12, 2018
They asked for my advice on the price when I came into work yesterday...they usually do this on stuff they know I'm partly knowledgeable on. Said people were trying to buy them all day but eventually passed until this one barber showed up and got them at the new price.
So...they were already out on the sales floor and had been seen by other customers yet hadn't been bought yet? Then you come on shift and they jack the price to $200 and someone buys them? Why hadn't they already sold at the lower price point?

I have a love/hate relationship with thrift stores. Everything is donated (free) yet some stores be trying to sell items for close to retail. Like I understand you've got operating expenses but all of your merchandise came to you for free. Flat rate pricing for items. All shirts $2, shoes $10, ect. Not this pick and choose nonsense.

Joined Jun 29, 2016
So...they were already out on the sales floor and had been seen by other customers yet hadn't been bought yet? Then you come on shift and they jack the price to $200 and someone buys them? Why hadn't they already sold at the lower price point?

I have a love/hate relationship with thrift stores. Everything is donated (free) yet some stores be trying to sell items for close to retail. Like I understand you've got operating expenses but all of your merchandise came to you for free. Flat rate pricing for items. All shirts $2, shoes $10, ect. Not this pick and choose nonsense.
Couldn't tell you honestly, maybe it's the type of customer who might have been interested in buying them is my guess. One manager was cool with the price increase, other one working wasn't.

We don't get many Jordans, or at least nice shoes the average sneakerhead would wear. but usually for anything Jordan related that has came through the store since I've been working there hasn't gone for under $40 unless they're kids sizes or super beat up(which is like 95% of the shoes in the store).

There's only flat rate prices on clothes, cds/vinyls, and video games. Everything else is priced according to the market(eBay or Amazon).

Joined Aug 9, 2014
Couldn't tell you honestly, maybe it's the type of customer who might have been interested in buying them is my guess. One manager was cool with the price increase, other one working wasn't.

We don't get many Jordans, or at least nice shoes the average sneakerhead would wear. but usually for anything Jordan related that has came through the store since I've been working there hasn't gone for under $40 unless they're kids sizes or super beat up(which is like 95% of the shoes in the store).

There's only flat rate prices on clothes, cds/vinyls, and video games. Everything else is priced according to the market(eBay or Amazon).
I mean why not let it ride at the first price though… not like you getting commission

kingjay718

Supporter
Joined Jan 19, 2007
Likely gonna buy 3 pairs of them Jordan 1 prototypes if the price on the resell remains around that range. They just flow color waist. And I don’t know if I want to do blue or orange laces.

Last edited:
Joined Apr 11, 2011

So you're saying you paid more after you brought it to their attention...? LOL

Joined Feb 4, 2015

I showed them the StockX/GOAT prices and they immediately took them off the shelves and bumped the price to $200. :lol:

Y’all sold used fakes for$200? That’s robbery :lol:

Joined Sep 12, 2018
Those DTRT Metallics were noticeably higher than other 1s being released at that time and for a few more years too.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now