• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
This is my 3rd pair of highs.

Shadow 2.0s and Hyper Royals don’t have tongue slits.

Made me check. SMH

7B7FF9BA-4C4E-48CA-B5DE-42504E5001DC.jpeg

E20577FE-440E-4042-9160-C7414ED32F0D.jpeg

Coincidentally, my OG Royal Toe Blues, aka the “Mollies,” just arrived and they fit perfectly, like all my other Jordan 1s in an 11.5, highs and mids.

There’s simply no question that the shape on the 2018s is significantly smaller and more narrow in the toe area.

Last edited:
Checked my 2.0s and Hyper Royals again and they do have slits. But they’re farther down on the tongue, therefore harder to spot I think.

Never noticed them before.

Noticed immediately with the Shadow 2018s.

...I’m embarrassed.
Lol no need to be embarrassed that’s what we’re here for to help each other. Don’t stress they’ll break in just try What’s been mentioned and give it some time.

Pretty sure that's normal, I put my laces through those all the time.

Were these DS too? Doesn't really matter either way as they look to be in excellent condition, just the laces are choked on them.

Yes they were dead stock.

I stuffed the toe area with paper towels and tied them up tight.

…trying to stretch the leather out as much as possible.

have you actually checked the tags on the inside of the shoe to make sure they're both tagged 11.5s?

wide-footers: as much as I love AJ1s (and this goes for nikes in general), they always cause a problem with my right pinky toe. just last week I bought myself this device, and I've already used it to stretch my shadows, although I haven't worn them yet. After just after trying them on though, and at a close inspection from above, it's obvious I've gotten some extra room.

I don't know if the spray does anything–I believe it's literally just 1:1 rubbing alcohol:water–but you have to get the boot stretcher (as opposed to the shoe stretcher) for use with high tops.

I also size-swapped my 10.5 Mochas for an 11 today. Maybe it's just because of the stiffer leather, but as far as sizing is concerned, not all AJ1s are created equal.

wide-footers: as much as I love AJ1s (and this goes for nikes in general), they always cause a problem with my right pinky toe. just last week I bought myself this device, and I've already used it to stretch my shadows, although I haven't worn them yet. After just after trying them on though, and at a close inspection from above, it's obvious I've gotten some extra room.

I don't know if the spray does anything–I believe it's literally just 1:1 rubbing alcohol:water–but you have to get the boot stretcher (as opposed to the shoe stretcher) for use with high tops.

I also size-swapped my 10.5 Mochas for an 11 today. Maybe it's just because of the stiffer leather, but as far as sizing is concerned, not all AJ1s are created equal.
You could iron them with a damp rag while stretching them. That would get the leather to loosen up.

1631889423150.jpeg

How we feel about 2001s? This pic is of the pair I had 2 years ago before selling., was thinking about them yesterday. The color was great but honestly I didn't love these. Deflated midsole aside they weren't great on foot. Ankle was OD padded, leather wasn't as good as any other '01 jordans or nikes I've had, awkward kinda 3/4ths height. Then the nubuck swoosh of course didn't age well. Just wishing I had some '17s or even '13s now

I'm SO glad you mentioned the ankle padding on the 01's. My absolute least favorite part of that retro. You pretty much had to choke your laces and damn near cut off circulation to your ankles to get them to not completely bow out. I barely wore any of mine because of it.

Damn...those aren’t cheap.

Back
Top Bottom