• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I don’t wear 1s as often as I used to but feel free to clown me 😂
All from the supreme thread because I’m 6’4 240 lbs and their XL shirts fit perfect

Edit I’m also a 30 something year old married engineer that lives in the suburbs. I was never gonna be fashion icon :lol:
0FFC4805-D2B2-43F7-862D-71DA5126C69A.png
B730E290-38A8-405E-8938-96D9F8BB7E4B.png
73CB3752-4D9A-4D83-A6DD-36638F0F2FE2.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t wear 1s as often as I used to but feel free to clown me 😂
All from the supreme thread because I’m 6’4 240 lbs and their XL shirts fit perfect

Edit I’m also a 30 something year old married engineer that lives in the suburbs. I was never gonna be fashion icon :lol:
0FFC4805-D2B2-43F7-862D-71DA5126C69A.png
B730E290-38A8-405E-8938-96D9F8BB7E4B.png
73CB3752-4D9A-4D83-A6DD-36638F0F2FE2.jpeg
Love the pink laces on the Cactus Jacks.

I put pink laces in my Air Max 90 Bacons and it changed my life. Now I’ look at all my Jordans and wonder if I could make pink laces work. Never thought I would be the kind of guy to wear pink laces. I grew up in the 80s. You didn’t wear pink in the 80s if you were a “real man.”

But I realize now that pink laces were always inside of me. I can’t run from it anymore. I won’t live that way.

…now I know why the caged bird sings.

CC25FA4A-ADCB-4D4C-A514-F638A876B7B7.gif

Last edited:
Coincidentally yesterday, I was thinking about why Nike doesn't rehash old Converse shoes from the '80s NBA heyday since they own them. You would think they would rehash them because retro shoes are pretty much their primary source of profit on a yearly basis, especially with the Jordan line.

This is proof the retro market is highly relevant, Michael Jordan made more in shoe sales with his retro shoes than LeBron James with his contemporary shoes last year.

Converse clearly wouldn't sell as much as Jordan Brand but they still would sell regardless.
I had no idea that Nike owned Converse.

…they’re sitting on a retro gold mine with the Weapons.

You would think that with all the success that Nike and Adidas have had with retro releases of 80s classics, that Converse would retro all the old colorways of the Weapon in their original style.

Freaking New Balance 550s are impossible to get for retail.

Can you imagine how well a limited release of the Magic Johnson shoe would do on the resell?

Converse isn’t run very well at all IMO. I get they print money selling Chucks but I completely agree that they ignore their history in doing so.

Think it's been about 20 years since they've done anything with the Weapon outside of whatever this new version of it is. I was actually thinking about this the other day. Kinda can't believe they haven't tried a retro of the Magic and Larry pairs. Those would absolutely smoke if released right now.

Converse isn’t run very well at all IMO. I get they print money selling Chucks but I completely agree that they ignore their history in doing so.

You'll have to place the blame on Nike with that one since they own them.

Complacency is definitely Nike's business model, especially since they're highly content with selling retro Jordans and some other retro signature shoes under the Nike label. They're clearly content on the Converse spectrum with just producing Chuck Taylor shoes regularly because they haven't rehashed identifiable stuff from the '80s & '90s.

I had no idea that Nike owned Converse.

…they’re sitting on a retro gold mine with the Weapons.

What the F? Are you serious? That's been old news.

Nike has owned Converse since July 2003. We're talking about 19 years now. Perhaps you weren't aware that Converse filed for bankruptcy sometime in the early 2000s, so that's why Nike swooped in and acquired them.

That's Nike for you regarding complacency. I think the '80s Weapon shoes and some of the '90s stuff would sell, albeit at a lower number than Jordan Brand retros.

They actually rehashed some of those React shoes Larry Johnson wore early last decade. They basically stopped rehashing anything other than the perpetual Chuck Taylor shoes since then.

There was a gap during the last decade when no NBA players wore Converse. But they got a small number of players wearing Converse again toward the end of the last decade, most notably Draymond Green.

Converse has a lot going for them but yeah agreed they aren't as pushed by Nike.

Personally I like the Converse x Rick Owens DRKSHDW stuff, obviously the CDG Play Converse are widely popular. They have some newer models that I like, Run Stars and that new Lugged shoe looks good.

I agree that Nike has a lot they can tap into with retro Converse stuff.

It's too bad they're more focused on pushing the gimmicky stuff or collaborations. They should give the same priority to the retro things too.

I'm not here to bash anyone or talk crap about anyone's style or anything so I'ma just give him props for posting. At the same time, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little confused considering how he was in here talking. Then on top of it all, he got cheerleaders in here talmbout "walk offs" and saying I ain't ready an ish.

But again, we all fam and I'm tryna spread love and positivity so yea, props for posting perfectchaosrei perfectchaosrei

If I remember correctly Nike retroed a bunch of Converses in very limited quantities when they did the whole Champions (or was it Finals mvp? ) drop a couple of years ago. That was when they dropped those silver Leonard 1s that go for crazy money right before he left to NB

I'm not here to bash anyone or talk crap about anyone's style or anything so I'ma just give him props for posting. At the same time, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little confused considering how he was in here talking. Then on top of it all, he got cheerleaders in here talmbout "walk offs" and saying I ain't ready an ish.

But again, we all fam and I'm tryna spread love and positivity so yea, props for posting perfectchaosrei perfectchaosrei

You check out that Karmaloop sale? They got jorts on deck for the low low.

If I remember correctly Nike retroed a bunch of Converses in very limited quantities when they did the whole Champions (or was it Finals mvp? ) drop a couple of years ago. That was when they dropped those silver Leonard 1s that go for crazy money right before he left to NB
I knew I wasn’t bugging

A50752DC-8C43-45DB-92F8-848A342F5BDC.jpeg

Sadly these were the only unique model. The rest were chucks or Pro leather highs

Also, Jesus

4B722F0A-F013-47AC-8DA7-F942714048E7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom