Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
So I was thinking about getting my kid (3yr) a matching pair of lost & found. Is ebay the best route? I've never bought him any real name brand shies dance he's young and was thinking it'd be neat to have a matching pair with his old man.

PXL_20221205_125647424.jpg

"In a conversation with Complex, Carrasquillo (Omi) says he believes the Omi Air Jordan 1-inspired model is different enough from the real thing but that the Dunk-inspired shoe will be an issue, admitting not enough changes were made from the original. “Everyone’s doing it, so I just thought, ‘It ain’t nothing,’ which was stupid on my part,” Carrasquillo says of the decision to not significantly alter the Dunk-inspired sneaker."

the part I bolded had me weak

People say this

but Bape went back and changed up the midsole when they stared releasing again, because of patent infringement.
That’s all you have to do? Change the midsole lol and have a different logo (the Star and line)?

FE9B69D2-7C12-49D5-BC8B-C6B9AC6C50F1.jpeg

Those SLH resemble AJ 1s but it’s not as egregious as those other joints.

That’s all you have to do? Change the midsole lol and have a different logo (the Star and line)?

FE9B69D2-7C12-49D5-BC8B-C6B9AC6C50F1.jpeg

Those SLH resemble AJ 1s but it’s not as egregious as those other joints.

They changed the lines on the upper also. It's how the lower tier Payless and Walmart kicks are able to release kicks, because they change it enough where it's not infringing on the patents. That's pretty much with everything. I don't think Nike had patent for Uptown's 15-20 years ago, so Bape got away with it initially.

I’m guessing Nike/JB only cares when it is amateurs doing it vs hyped brands paying homage. Remember when SLP released their version of AJ1s? Not a peep out of Nike/JB then lol:

CD76726D-3E9C-40E2-8048-DD54EE4E204E.jpeg

Only has to be like 20% different in order to avoid copyright infringement. Those are very similar, but different enough in apperance just looking at that one wngle, compared to the shoes in question which are basically a carbon copy minus the trademark Swoosh.

Back
Top Bottom