Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Are SLHs still a thing?

Them joints were mad stiff.

I don’t understand why Nike just doesn’t give the people what they want. Preorder, 85 mold, premium leather. Instead we gotta play these hype cycles and SNKR Ls.

Since we are on the topic of knock offs and lawsuits…
I always wondered about these
24.7 Hunt brand. They even call them Cream Soda Duck “Dunks”
I also preordered the “Oil Slick Duck Dunks”

C6E21ADC-B44E-4BD5-A99F-D72D26A78955.jpeg

I don’t understand why Nike just doesn’t give the people what they want. Preorder, 85 mold, premium leather. Instead we gotta play these hype cycles and SNKR Ls.

Because despite the complaints no one, including myself, stops purchasing their mediocre products.

Whether if it's for resale or personal consumption, the shoes always sell out. So why will they make a better product for us, when the inferior product still has no problem selling out?

PO

I’m guessing Nike/JB only cares when it is amateurs doing it vs hyped brands paying homage. Remember when SLP released their version of AJ1s? Not a peep out of Nike/JB then lol:

CD76726D-3E9C-40E2-8048-DD54EE4E204E.jpeg

Other than color blocking, nothing is the same between those and an AJ1. Not a single soul would confuse those two shoes. Omi and Kiy, on the other hand, basically made a carbon copy and swapped out the logo.

Because despite the complaints no one, including myself, stops purchasing their mediocre products.

Whether if it's for resale or personal consumption, the shoes always sell out. So why will they make a better product for us, when the inferior product still has no problem selling out?

PO
🎯🎯🎯

If JB/Nike could give us the perfect remake, preordered so we are guaranteed a pair, with top notch quality materials, I’m sure they’d sell a ton of those products- even at a high markup- and those customers would exit the game, pass on all the mediocre BS. I would lol

Sure did... and in a year or two of them sitting in my closet collecting dust still being new, I'll take some kids new car payment for them.
So, who should be ashamed then? :nerd:
I’ve never heard of em… you’re saying they’re worth something? More power to ya then lol. You’d need to pay me a lot of money to wear them.

I’ve never heard of em… you’re saying they’re worth something? More power to ya then lol. You’d need to pay me a lot of money to wear them.

There are a million different avenues for billions of people. Not everyone has heard of them, but some have. I'm sure there are lanes you're in that I've never heard of as well

So why will they make a better product for us, when the inferior product still has no problem selling out?

PO
Yep, look at Panda Dunks-some of the fakes are better shoes in terms of shape and especially materials than the authentic pairs.

Sure but it doesn’t have to be a complete ripoff, BAPESTAs are > 20% of the design of the AF1 and were/are given a pass by Nike.
Eh no

I’m on mobile so I can’t time stamp. He specifically addresses the question at 3:40 if you want to skip ahead. Cliff notes is he said the patent by law was for 20 years, non renewable so when Bapes were hitting in 2002 the patent literally just expired. The part that I’m not clear on is why is that different for AJ 1s. He did speak on the Japanese brand aspect of it, maybe that’s why it’s different.

What I do know is even if Nike can’t legally sue for patent infringement in a court of law, everyone knows they straight up stole their design - which for me, makes them wack and knockoffs. Idc what celebrities promoted them in Japan, or if their heavy use of patent leather made their shoes stand out as different, or whatever. They some thieves lol. If people like em I could care less

Worked for Bape I guess.

So besides the lightning bolt and possibly materials, everything else is the same?

Wild

the lace loops and sole and very different as well. i am surprised because when kiy first dropped EVERYTHING was the same, minus the swoosh and wings logo. when he changed the loops and sole i thought it would be fair use

Back
Top Bottom