Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
My 94s feel great on foot. Just the same as my pairs from 2014 and 15 and far superior to my godforsaken 2013 chicagos.
basically gave away my 2013s with custom NA tag. too painful.
Leather condition on older 1s depends greatly on how it was stored/cared for. I'm not rocking a stiff and cracking pair
just for the heck of it. I want a pair, but I would still rock my 2015s religiously.

I support ALL 1s. I might not like them all (I love a lot and like most), but I support/respect them all. Both of these "No L's" 1s get ZERO support from me. I'm personally not a fan of the Off-Whites, but whatever, I respect it. But JB is playing games with these things. They're Off-White look a likes (not exactly but we can all see the influences), and they poke fun at reselling and catching L's. And on top of that, the writing on them is just ugly (midsole is the least offensive, but the toe box, heel, tongue tags can go somewhere). Money not even considered for these. The crazy thing is how damn dope the Purple and Greens are, to then know they're following up with this madness. But ultimately, to each his or her own, and good luck to those on the hunt. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Looks like both are releasing at different spots this sucks
Screenshot_20180912-080244.jpg
Screenshot_20180912-080221.jpg
Shows on the Shiekh app that they’re getting it as well, but doesn’t say which color

Context: Some dude asked me why people dont like nigels?

"You're really asking why the hate? It's unremarkable and the manufactured "aged" and scuffed look is wack to me. Its not that hard to understand lol if someone was to beat the sh*t out of a pair of sails with all the same details as the nigels and tried to sell em to you for 180 would you pull the trigger? Would you be like "Bro these are so dope! I love how you scuffed them and gave them this piss yellow look. They're so grimy, I love it." I bet you'd laugh at them for trying to sell you a pair of kicks they beat to sh*t. It's not the worse shoe but it's not so "beautiful" as everyone wants to fool themselves into believing. I got in the game purchasing used beaters of grails and I know and am very familiar with an aged look these didn't translate well in my eyes. If these didn't have the association to Nigel Sylvester and the story behind the shoes wasnt there. People would barely bat an eye at em. They do look less yellow in certain lights I saw them in person on Sunday and was still underwhelmed. I see the niche market, I see the appeal, but I'm also an honest objective thinker and these don't hit that sweet spot. Not against vintagized pairs but these weren't well done and the color blocking or lack of it makes them dull and unremarkable. If you want them so badly, get a pair of sails and beat them into the ground. Get a tongue swap and rip the seams of the swooshes off and just go recklessly nuts with them, etc and you'll have your un-nigels in a sz14."

"You're really asking why the hate? It's unremarkable and the manufactured "aged" and scuffed look is wack to me. Its not that hard to understand lol if someone was to beat the sh*t out of a pair of sails with all the same details as the nigels and tried to sell em to you for 180 would you pull the trigger? Would you be like "Bro these are so dope! I love how you scuffed them and gave them this piss yellow look. They're so grimy, I love it." I bet you'd laugh at them for trying to sell you a pair of kicks they beat to sh*t. It's not the worse shoe but it's not so "beautiful" as everyone wants to fool themselves into believing. I got in the game purchasing used beaters of grails and I know and am very familiar with an aged look these didn't translate well in my eyes. If these didn't have the association to Nigel Sylvester and the story behind the shoes wasnt there. People would barely bat an eye at em. They do look less yellow in certain lights I saw them in person on Sunday and was still underwhelmed. I see the niche market, I see the appeal, but I'm also an honest objective thinker and these don't hit that sweet spot. Not against vintagized pairs but these weren't well done and the color blocking or lack of it makes them dull and unremarkable. If you want them so badly, get a pair of sails and beat them into the ground. Get a tongue swap and rip the seams of the swooshes off and just go recklessly nuts with them, etc and you'll have your un-nigels in a sz14."

did anyone even know who nigel was before this collab? i know i didn't. i dont like the shoes and didnt bother trying

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG
Color: Pine Green/Sail-Black
Style Code: 555088-302
Release Date: September 22, 2018
Price: $160
official photos
Air-Jordan-1-Pine-Green-555088-302-Release-Date-Price.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Pine-Green-555088-302-Release-Date-Price-2.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Pine-Green-555088-302-Release-Date-Price-4.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Pine-Green-555088-302-Release-Date-Price-3.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Pine-Green-555088-302-Release-Date-Price-5.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Pine-Green-555088-302-Release-Date-Price-1.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Pine-Green-555088-302-Release-Date-Price-6.jpg

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG
Color: Court Purple/Sail-Black
Style Code: 555088-501
Release Date: September 22, 2018
Price: $160
official photos
Air-Jordan-1-Court-Purple-555088-501-Release-Date-Price-4.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Court-Purple-555088-501-Release-Date-Price.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Court-Purple-555088-501-Release-Date-Price-2.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Court-Purple-555088-501-Release-Date-Price-3.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Court-Purple-555088-501-Release-Date-Price-5.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Court-Purple-555088-501-Release-Date-Price-1.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Court-Purple-555088-501-Release-Date-Price-6.jpg

One of the guys I follow on IG took his Sails and customized them himself. Seeing it's not hard to have done this yourself hence him putting "DIY" in quotations. Anyone could have easily done the same... Even noted the process of the customization...
20180912_195035.jpg
20180912_195133.jpg
20180912_195203.jpg

Weekly rotation...
20180912_195310.jpg

Get a real job instead of FTL.... then you won’t havd to worry about an employee discount.

One of the guys I follow on IG took his Sails and customized them himself. Seeing it's not hard to have done this yourself hence him putting "DIY" in quotations. Anyone could have easily done the same... Even noted the process of the customization...
20180912_195035.jpg
20180912_195133.jpg
20180912_195203.jpg

Weekly rotation...
20180912_195310.jpg

These are well done

Back
Top Bottom